Michael Jackson

lilacmess

3 minutes ago, lilacmess said:

Well, tonight I'm going to watch Moonwalker for the first time. 😊

Try poking yourself in the eye with a stick instead. It's just as entertaining but it doesn't take an hour and a half.

7 minutes ago, lilacmess said:

Well, tonight I'm going to watch Moonwalker for the first time. 😊

There's a lot of good things in Moonwalker but it's definitely got its issues. Watching it in pieces works much better for me than watching it straight through. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lilacmess said:

Honestly, my expectations aren't that high.

I expect to like it better than poking sticks in my eyes though. 😂 I mean, I know there's got to be 'Come Togheter' in there somewhere.

It's fine if like Russ said you approach it as a bunch of mini vignettes, It's not a movie at all so as long as you understand that you should be fine. I just have PTSD from when I saw it as a kid at the movies and it just made no sense at all.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dazey said:

It's fine if like Russ said you approach it as a bunch of mini vignettes, It's not a movie at all so as long as you understand that you should be fine. I just have PTSD from when I saw it as a kid at the movies and it just made no sense at all.

Geez. What was not to love then? Man in the mirror live with cinema sound. A few, at least for me at the time, seldom seen snippets of old Jackson 5 days, the first airing of the Leave me alone video, the Speed demon dance sequence, the overlong Smooth Criminal video and a kick ass performance of Come together in a live setting. Everything you love Michael Jackson for. And you were told from the beginning that it's a movie like no other. ;) I loved it back in '88 and it was the first movie I saw twice at the cinema. Really, fuck the haters.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

In my mind I always view BOTD as EP and never think of the remixes. Love all the new songs.

My favorite is 'Morphine'. It's one of the better songs about drug addiction out there and musicially haunting. Very bleak at the end. "You just sit around. Just talking nothing. Just taking morphine."

'Is It Scary' was mentioned here many times. Rightfully so. These must be amongst his best lyrics for sure.

I feel 'Morphine' and 'Is It Scary' are some of MJ's more personal songs.

And MJ = King of Bridges!

'Blood on the Danceflor' is a killer track. Very underrated. Love the video. Burgundy red suite, burgundy red lipstick, french plait, sitting on a chair. Truly bold and unique.

Really like 'Ghosts'. And like 'Superfly Sister' too.

Edited by lilacmess
  • Like 2

Morphine is amazing, I especially think the slow section and the ending part you mentioned are really chilling to listen to. 

Edited by Jw224
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This has nothing to do with anything.  Beta just shared a picture of MJ and Paul from Say Say Say. Made me think of this thread. 😀

So I just watched the video. It's been a while.

Edited by lilacmess
  • Like 3