Michael Jackson

lilacmess

17 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

There are many unreleased songs that have been leaked even before MJ passed.

My guess is we'll get those (Hot Street, Night Line, Carousel etc.) and some demos.

It's such bullshit that the MJ Estate has MJ's entire catalogue and many unreleased tracks and they decide to do absolutely nothing with it. They said he only left two albums worth of material but that's a gigantic lie. They just don't think it's worth it. They didn't even do shit for Dangerous 30 or HIStory 25. Such a massive disappointment. Other deceased artist's estate's release so much stuff and we get nothing.

Not even a HIStory Tour DVD, which is long overdue. Or a This Is It 10th Anniversary with all the rehearsals they didn't show. Stranger in Moscow, Dangerous, Will You Be There, Heal the World, Don't Stop Til You Get Enough - they've all been rehearsed in full by him but the footage will never see the light of day.

I hate the MJ Estate so much. They are complete morons and just as bad as GNR's management.

Couldn't agree more about the MJ Estate. If you ever want a good laugh, go to his website and read their Q&A where they fielded questions from fans about why they suck. 

Every single one of their answers is God awful and Michael himself would be ashamed of their arrogance. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Couldn't agree more about the MJ Estate. If you ever want a good laugh, go to his website and read their Q&A where they fielded questions from fans about why they suck. 

Every single one of their answers is God awful and Michael himself would be ashamed of their arrogance. 

One of my favorite things they have done was pulling Billie Jean and Wanna Be Starting Somethin' from the GTA: Vice City soundtrack. I don't know if they really pulled it themselves or if the price they wanted for a renewal was that much higher than originally, but the developer had to delete songs from the game because of them.

Which is funny, considering the game came out in 2002 and that it was probably MJ himself who gave them the permission. 

They are such a ridiculous bunch of people.

By the way, in the 6 months since he passed, Meat Loaf's estate/family have already put out two live albums, both remastered and with more to follow. I think Prince's estate are also putting out unreleased stuff on a regular basis. It's such a shame.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, TheGeneral said:

My guess is we'll get those (Hot Street, Night Line, Carousel etc.) and some demos.

It's such bullshit that the MJ Estate has MJ's entire catalogue and many unreleased tracks and they decide to do absolutely nothing with it. They said he only left two albums worth of material but that's a gigantic lie. They just don't think it's worth it. They didn't even do shit for Dangerous 30 or HIStory 25. Such a massive disappointment. Other deceased artist's estate's release so much stuff and we get nothing.

Not even a HIStory Tour DVD, which is long overdue. Or a This Is It 10th Anniversary with all the rehearsals they didn't show. Stranger in Moscow, Dangerous, Will You Be There, Heal the World, Don't Stop Til You Get Enough - they've all been rehearsed in full by him but the footage will never see the light of day.

I hate the MJ Estate so much. They are complete morons and just as bad as GNR's management.

Also yes, MJ Estate are a joke. They consistently disrespect MJ and clearly have no love for his original material. Most stuff to them is not worth releasing unless they can remix it and use MJ's vocals only, discarding anything he may have worked on or produced himself. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/21/2022 at 3:41 AM, TheGeneral said:

I think your right about probably only releasing previously leaked material unfortunately. Just hope they don't do more duets or remixes, no one cares for that type of material.  

Bad 25 had some completely unreleased material, a—grade material, maybe 1 song, so that gives me a glimour of hope that could be repeated here;especially for such an important release. 

6 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

especially for such an important release.

Remember, Xscape, probably the biggest release since his passing, featured only 8 songs and 6 of them already being leaked. I remember being really disappointed in that back then.

I even remember how they put out "Chicago" as a promo single days before the album came out and you can tell me whatever you want, the remix of that song is so awful. I was really disappointed back then in that album.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, RussTCB said:

New MJ video is out :)

I feel "Blood On The Dancefloor" is highly underrated. "Is It Scary?", "Unbreakable" and my favorite of his songs "Who Is It" also come to mind. Even "Liberian Girl" is underrated imho, because it's so good and nobody ever talks about it.

8 minutes ago, lilacmess said:

I feel "Blood On The Dancefloor" is highly underrated. "Is It Scary?", "Unbreakable" and my favorite of his songs "Who Is It" also come to mind. Even "Liberian Girl" is underrated imho, because it's so good and nobody ever talks about it.

I'm reasonably sure I'll do follow up videos to this one. Those songs would all make my list eventually. 

• Like 2

Great video Russ!

As a gigantic fan of everything HIStory, I agree with "This Time Around" and "Stranger in Moscow". SIM is my go-to song that I recommend to people and, even though I don't really rank, it is my second favorite MJ song of all-time. (Behind "Earth Song", which is my favorite song of all-time, no matter what artist)

While I wouldn't completely disagree, "Butterflies" is IMO not that underrated. The song hit No. 14 on the Billboard Hot 100 and (what really took me by surprise when I found out) was on the alternates list for "This Is It". Can you imagine how awesome that would have been?

One song off Invincible that I'd call incredibly underrated is "Whatever Happens". Lyrically, it's a Top 10 song from MJ. The lyrics are so good. And the instrumental too, it's so well produced and Santana kills it.

I'd also call the 5 new songs off BOTDF all underrated. I hate that MJ didn't make a full album with that sound, it was so interesting. It was miles ahead of HIStory, but also not as over the top modern as Invincible. He really tried some new stuff and it was awesome. I think "Superfly Sister" even invented the "trap" genre, but I'm not sure. Read that somewhere.

"Streetwalker" ... oh boy. That's such a banger. It hits so hard, I love it so much. It really should have been on Bad.

Also, talking songs that should have been on Bad: Have you heard the demo "Throwing Your Life Away"? It's on YouTube, awful quality, but that song f'n slaps.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Apparently someone who worked with MJ was giving a seminar and had his laptop stolen, and now someone is leaking songs in great quality :lol:

So far there's Chicago 1945, Deep In The Night, Someone Put Your Hand Out (early demo), Faces, Family Thing, Streetwalker (rough mix), The Verdict (early instrumental), Can't Help It leaked in better quality, and stuff like rehearsal footage, MJ voice mails, warm ups. etc.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

9 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Apparently someone who worked with MJ was giving a seminar and had his laptop stolen, and now someone is leaking songs in great quality :lol:

So far there's Chicago 1945, Deep In The Night, Someone Put Your Hand Out (early demo), Faces, Family Thing, Streetwalker (rough mix), The Verdict (early instrumental), Can't Help It leaked in better quality, and stuff like rehearsal footage, MJ voice mails, warm ups. etc.

I'm addicted to the Someone Put Your Hand Out demo lol.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

So bummed about what happened. Some "fan" stole a laptop in order to leak this stuff :(

I think it's awesome. However wrong that may be. I think it's fucked up that you have to attend these seminars, which aren't cheap, so you can hear those songs and someone is profiting of Michael's work and fame.

25 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

I think it's awesome. However wrong that may be. I think it's fucked up that you have to attend these seminars, which aren't cheap, so you can hear those songs and someone is profiting of Michael's work and fame.

To each their own, but I won't be listening to any of it. Brad is more than just "someone". The guy isn't out there just making a buck off of Michael like so many others do and / or attempt to do. Just my opinion. 

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

To each their own, but I won't be listening to any of it. Brad is more than just "someone". The guy isn't out there just making a buck off of Michael like so many others do and / or attempt to do. Just my opinion. 

Yeah. I'm listening to it and I'm enjoying it. Especially Chicago. And yes, he is making money. He's not doing these seminars for free or cheap, is he?

3 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yeah. I'm listening to it and I'm enjoying it. Especially Chicago. And yes, he is making money. He's not doing these seminars for free or cheap, is he?

Again, you do you. And I never said he was doing the seminars for free. 

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Can you tell me some of the backstory to this? You're a big MJ fan and I only know the basic details, but why is this worse than any other leaks that have been stolen? What bums you out about this? Some of these are pretty cool, I'm surprised you're not listening to them.

I get that with CD songs the leaks were largely due to incompetence, so I guess they weren't "stolen" but leaks are leaks. If Axl dies and Fernando goes around playing music at expensive seminars, I would hope someone steals that laptop... :lol:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Can you tell me some of the backstory to this? You're a big MJ fan and I only know the basic details, but why is this worse than any other leaks that have been stolen? What bums you out about this? Some of these are pretty cool, I'm surprised you're not listening to them.

I get that with CD songs the leaks were largely due to incompetence, so I guess they weren't "stolen" but leaks are leaks. If Axl dies and Fernando goes around playing music at expensive seminars, I would hope someone steals that laptop... :lol:

It's probably just me, but I just don't like that the laptop was stolen. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to get on any moral high ground or say anyone else shouldn't listen to them. I just haven't yet because I don't feel great about it is all. 

• Like 1