Do you think Axl still speaks to the old members?

as much as I love Axl on a human level (I somewhat identify with him and his introspection), sometimes I think he's really weird and probably very hard to be around and mantain any type of proper, normal friendship. As others said, I think he probably talks little to the current members - let alone the others.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ezosk said:

as much as I love Axl on a human level (I somewhat identify with him and his introspection), sometimes I think he's really weird and probably very hard to be around and mantain any type of proper, normal friendship. As others said, I think he probably talks little to the current members - let alone the others.

Someone who used to post here and had access to the band said Axl could be very hot and cold. He could be the most generous, outgoing guy and then kind of moody and distant. It could tie to his bipolar issues. It sounds strange but he could also be somewhat of an introvert. Being introverted doesn't necessarily mean he's not outgoing, but that social situations can exhaust him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/13/2021 at 6:27 AM, mystery said:

Someone who used to post here and had access to the band said Axl could be very hot and cold. He could be the most generous, outgoing guy and then kind of moody and distant. It could tie to his bipolar issues. It sounds strange but he could also be somewhat of an introvert. Being introverted doesn't necessarily mean he's not outgoing, but that social situations can exhaust him.

I have no bipolar issues, I'm only an introvert and I'm exactly this way as you described Axl.

1 hour ago, Politania said:

We really don't know what their relationship looks like. I remember Duff reminiscing about Prince passing away and Duff hearing from Axl's msg text.  We know nothing :shrugs:

Sorta related but TMZ asked Axl in an airport what he thought of Prince's death and he gave a respectful answer. I think I wrote earlier in the thread that after Duff left in 1997, he didn't have contact with Axl for over a decade later.

It might not have been from any bad blood necessarily but there was a long gap there. Has Axl ever really said anything bad about Duff because I can't recall.

I imagine Axl goes his way and the others go their way when a tour ends and then Axl gets on with his life which probably does not include music  or anybody associated with it any more.  He has most likely found a way to  to find some peace  which does not, unfortunately, include  music.

Why did he fall out with Buckethead?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, moreblack said:

I still remember Axl's goons shoving Bumblefoot out of the way for Axl to walk through a doorway, I don't see the other CD era guys being treated any different. I don't think they're still in touch.

Wow, was there actual footage of this or just something someone saw? That's a pretty disgusting way to treat someone. 

14 minutes ago, thomasmcole said:

Wow, was there actual footage of this or just something someone saw? That's a pretty disgusting way to treat someone. 

actual footage. I think the goon didn't know who Bumblefoot was and it took place in 2006 iirc, so in the same year he joined Gn'R.

Edited by Rovim

22 hours ago, mystery said:

Sorta related but TMZ asked Axl in an airport what he thought of Prince's death and he gave a respectful answer. I think I wrote earlier in the thread that after Duff left in 1997, he didn't have contact with Axl for over a decade later.

It might not have been from any bad blood necessarily but there was a long gap there. Has Axl ever really said anything bad about Duff because I can't recall.

I'm sure that was a long gap  and Duff wrote about first meeting with Axl. at Prince death -  there is an interview -video in which Duff said about it. I don't rememeber any hursh words from Axl about Duff in silence years

Tommy Stinson is the only NuGnR member that Beta, Del James and Dizzy still follow on IG (and Beta often likes his posts). I think Brain doesn't have a personal IG account.

Richard, Robin and Bumblefoot all follow each other.

Frank is the only one from the current and former members who still follows Pitman.

No one follows DJ Ashba. EDIT: Fortus, Bumblefoot and Del James follow one of his accounts.

Edited by Blackstar

5 minutes ago, thomasmcole said:

That video is weird. First Bumble gets pushed and Axl doesn't say anything, then Izzy hardly even acknowledged when he says hello to Axl 🤨

Izzy says "How are you doing, buddy" and Axl says "Good" and smiles. I don't think there's anything strange or that Izzy is hardly acknowledged. Axl was walking into the stage and it's not that he and Izzy hadn't seen and talked to each other before that show. On stage at the shows they were warm with each other, Axl hugged him, etc.

The Bumblefoot thing... I wonder who that guy was. Security, I guess? And Axl didn't even look at him (probably didn't even see him).

• Like 2