Look Away documentary - #MeToo Axl Rose / Steven Tyler

Not to excuse any of this, but I’m not sure how this will really affect public perception to “cancel” him. It was pretty low with his overall past behavior, as well as some other well known situations that were made public over the years to begin with

I don’t think there are many who hold Axl Rose to some high moral standard. It’s not a shock like Bob Dylan 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Not to excuse any of this, but I’m not sure how this will really affect public perception to “cancel” him. It was pretty low with his overall past behavior, as well as some other well known situations that were made public over the years to begin with

I don’t think there are many who hold Axl Rose to some high moral standard. It’s not a shock like Bob Dylan 

Yup. And also….if anyone really cared to look…..you could have a show of 40 series with 25 episodes per series and each episode being 2 hrs long…..and you would still be a long way short of covering what was going on in the 60s/70s/80s.

I mean - did the documentary actually reveal anything at all that wasn’t in the public domain (not just Axl but anyone)?

• Like 1

When we all look back at this shit twenty years from now, we're all gonna roll our eyes. Social change happens organically. You can't legislate respect. You can't legislate kindness. You can remove token shit off of maple syrup bottles all you want. You can create hashtags and rail against Tweets that someone made ten years ago all day long on Twitter. But you can not make people be nice to one another. It's just not possible.

13 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

I think if Axl was gonna be cancelled it would have already happened. If I recall correctly this was already made a big deal after the reunion and it did little to no damage.

Well, all of that was true for MJ, and it didn't stop them trying to cancel him.

I think how successfully someone is cancelled depends on the fanbase of the artist/actor. The likes of MJ, Johnny Depp etc are far too popular and adored to ever really be cancelled. I think GNR may also fall into that category.

Whereas nobody ever really gave a shit about Ryan Adams to begin with, and R Kelly never convincingly pleaded his own innocence, which never helps.

Edited by Towelie