A question about GNR's touring in U.S.A.

Guys, I was looking for old GN'R concerts in setlist.fm, and they have a cool feature that shows the world's map and everywhere that the band you're looking for played. When I looked for U.S.A. concerts, it shows that GN'R never did a concert in Wyoming, Vermont, New Hampshire, Delaware and Alaska.

I was wondering, is that common for bands to skip those states? It's something about low ticket sales? I don't know much about U.S.A gigography since I'm brazilian.

Edited by FabioRoses

30 minutes ago, FabioRoses said:

Guys, I was looking for old GN'R concerts in setlist.fm, and they have a cool feature that shows the world's map and everywhere that the band you're looking for played. When I looked for U.S.A. concerts, it shows that GN'R never did a concert in Wyoming, Vermont, New Hampshire, Delaware and Alaska.

I was wondering, is that common for bands to skip those states? It's something about low ticket sales? I don't know much about U.S.A gigography since I'm brazilian.

yes, small states- closer to other bigger cities in some cases.

Edited by WVsax27

New Hampshire and Vermont are both very small states in new England surrounded by states with much bigger cities / arenas that are not a very long drive.

Same with Delaware which is close to Philadelphia.  There is a pretty big music festival in dover Delaware now but it's mostly alt music so it would be surprising to see GnR headline it.  The headliners thisbye as year are the Killers, Tame Impala and Billie Elish.

Wyoming is in the mid West and doesn't have much going on ther but it also isn't by anything so I'm kinda surprised they didn't hit it on one of the smaller NITL tours

I am surprised they didn't stop in Alaska especially on the Use your Illusion tour where they played everywhere on earth, but yea those other states are not populated enough and are closer to the bigger markets so the fans in those markets will just drive to the bigger cities they are playing in which is probably under 90 minutes in most cases, though I can see them stopping at some of those places in the coming years if it seems they are running out of places to play in and are just looking to make a quick buck, something like Firefly festival in Deleware or the Frontier Days in Wyoming wouldn't surprise me in a few years

1 hour ago, k12 said:

I am surprised they didn't stop in Alaska especially on the Use your Illusion tour where they played everywhere on earth, but yea those other states are not populated enough and are closer to the bigger markets so the fans in those markets will just drive to the bigger cities they are playing in which is probably under 90 minutes in most cases, though I can see them stopping at some of those places in the coming years if it seems they are running out of places to play in and are just looking to make a quick buck, something like Firefly festival in Deleware or the Frontier Days in Wyoming wouldn't surprise me in a few years

I know Sir Paul has headlined firefly before and they have had acts like Bob Dylan and David Lee Roth was scheduled to play last year but idk how GnR would go over at firefly.  I've been a few times and it's generally a younger crowd into alt music and edm.  You get a lot more hip hop there than classic rock.  I would fucking love it but the firefly crowd usually wants acts they can throw glow sticks at lol

The show I went to in August in Montana was the first time they ever played in Montana. I assume it was the same with the North Dakota show.

It's low population/population density. Montana has huge land area and barely 1 million people. To sell out the show would have taken 2.5% of the whole population.

18 hours ago, FabioRoses said:

I live in Alaska. NO ONE comes up here lol....but! We did get a shock last month when the Foo Fighters came. The biggest name in awhile! For the most part though,  yeah our state gets skipped.