Hard Skool is coming!

21 minutes ago, bassplayer1993 said:

They did release Eye on you... the "ayes" are in HS under the solo in the break :question:.

This sounds like people from 5 different bands and 5 different eras being forced to record a charity single, but each of them get only one take each, and only Slash takes it seriously.

Very disappointing. :(

Never in my life would I think that I'd for the first time NOT be excited or even want a new GNR album... :(

Nope we don't hear shit like this right now. Playing it loudly hope you hear it through your windows. 

13 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

Nope we don't hear shit like this right now. Playing it loudly hope you hear it through your windows. 

No need, I'm not only playing it loud on a loop, I'm trying to learn it. For me this is the best lead playing to come outta Slash since Snakepit '95. But they killed the energy of the song to me. I dunno, it's like it was mixed on GarageBand or something.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bassplayer1993 said:

No need, I'm not only playing it loud on a loop, I'm trying to learn it. For me this is the best lead playing to come outta Slash since Snakepit '95. But they killed the energy of the song to me. I dunno, it's like it was mixed on GarageBand or something.

Sounds kinda raw yeah.

• Like 1

I’m just as happy as everyone else for new music. But gnr played this perfectly…

don’t release new music in forever so that when you do, sub-par songs will excite fans. 

The reality is Hardskool isn’t better than any song on AFD, Lies, UYI (except My Wold)… even the cover songs on Spaghetti are better listens. 

This is, sadly, a generic rock song. I expect better from this band

Not sure how many of you caught this, but Youtube had a brief link up on the GNR page for Hardskool. Complete with cover graphic. I can't paste the image here, so you can find it here. https://postimg.cc/jCTkjV9Z It's a red locker with Hard Skool on two lines of red text, a red version of the bullet logo and Guns n' Roses was here in black.  When I clicked on the Youtube link it took me to the GnR page and the Video Unavailable screen. 

46 minutes ago, fantomas said:

Not sure how many of you caught this, but Youtube had a brief link up on the GNR page for Hardskool. Complete with cover graphic. I can't paste the image here, so you can find it here. https://postimg.cc/jCTkjV9Z It's a red locker with Hard Skool on two lines of red text, a red version of the bullet logo and Guns n' Roses was here in black.  When I clicked on the Youtube link it took me to the GnR page and the Video Unavailable screen. 

You might want to check the pinned thread about the song being out... 

Hopefully @downzyor someone on staff can close this thread now. 

1 hour ago, ryanf23 said:

I’m just as happy as everyone else for new music. But gnr played this perfectly…

don’t release new music in forever so that when you do, sub-par songs will excite fans. 

The reality is Hardskool isn’t better than any song on AFD, Lies, UYI (except My Wold)… even the cover songs on Spaghetti are better listens. 

This is, sadly, a generic rock song. I expect better from this band

Actually, to take this a step further. They really set low expectations with the release of Absurd. Hard School at least sounds more like classic Guns. So the casual fans are more likely to enjoy this one after Absurd was a letdown for them. 

• Like 1

• downzy locked this topic