Hard Skool is coming!

2 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

On behalf of @Sweersa, I really hope that this version of Hard School retains Robin and Buckethead's parts. Would also prefer Josh's drum tracks. That's the expectation! 😁😛😋 It's a given the vocals were recorded in 1999!

Anyone noticed any piano/keyboards on soundcheck version? The 99 version has piano by either Axl or Dizzy.

New version guestimate:

Guitars: Slash, Fortus

Bass: Duff

Vocals: Axl 99 with some touch-ups 2019-ish

Back vox: Duff, Melissa

Drums: Brain/Frank

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Don't we ever learn?! 

Expect nothing folks! 

we're on the hype train. I think Axl is ready and wants to play again. I expect we'll get HS soon enough. Album next year? who knows, but looks promising and we already got something (Absurd) so that's why the mood changed to more positive. Ignoring all the information would be silly and coming to the conclusion that things are in motion is only logical imo.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rovim said:

we're on the hype train. I think Axl is ready and wants to play again. I expect we'll get HS soon enough. Album next year? who knows, but looks promising and we already got something (Absurd) so that's why the mood changed to more positive. Ignoring all the information would be silly and coming to the conclusion that things are in motion is only logical imo.

The hype train has crashed and burned many times before! 

I agree it does look more promising this time.....but I still expect nothing and am happy to be pleasantly surprised. Some people seem to be going wild and suggesting UYI 3 is arriving in two days! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, betterman said:

Thats not excactly correct, i remember people reffering to the title Absurd and that it could be a reworked version of Silkworms days before the live debut

That was just because a setlist from Hershey (the first show of this tour) was on ebay a day before the second show of the tour (apparently it was supposed to be debuted at the Hershey show but it was postponed), so people speculated it may be Silkworms. Just that, no "inside" information at all.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Rovim said:

those people were born like that. Some people just want their UYI 3, two days from now.

I want UYI III and IV. One cover each (The Seeker and Wichita) plus Absurd (original) and Absurd (alt. lyrics). 

Edit: even better idea. Skip UYI III (like the making fucking videos Part III) and just skip to UYI IV (Dolph Lundgren as Ivan Drago on the cover) and V.

Edited by Twinaleblood

31 minutes ago, Twinaleblood said:

I want UYI III and IV. One cover each (The Seeker and Wichita) plus Absurd (original) and Absurd (alt. lyrics). 

whatever Axl, Slash, and Duff think should be released and has a place in the catalog, is fine by me, I want to hear it. The covers you mentioned could be great as digital releases or as a part of a covers ep after a release of a new album, not before imo.

Edited by Rovim

2 minutes ago, Rovim said:

whatever Axl, Slash, and Duff think should be released and has a place in the catalog, is fine by me, I want to hear it. The covers you mentioned could be great as digital releases or as a part of a cover ep after a release of a new album, not before imo.

Honestly I wouldn't mind get them even on an album, possibly not at the expense of original music (ie: if the album is like 80 mins long then I will be happy with one or two covers, especially because I like the seeker)

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

I'd prefer a really new song, though. 

Samesies, however those preferences frustrated me till no end whilst waiting for CD, then again for follow up album which we're still waiting 13 yrs later.  I'm happy, and amped, for another  song regardless if it's new or not. 

1 hour ago, betterman said:

Thats not excactly correct, i remember people reffering to the title Absurd and that it could be a reworked version of Silkworms days before the live debut

That's because a setlist picture said "Absurd" on it and Silkworms said absurd in it. That was just people putting 2 and 2 together, it wasn't inside info. 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

Buckets end solo would be amazing 

It would be amazing if they could magically create a drum track from Steven's work he did in the 80s to put on the new version too. Paul Huge 100% also needs to appear on this new version as well. 

:wow:

• Haha 3