Hard Skool is coming!

2 hours ago, Popcorn crew said:

Did someone investigae her? I known we have here quite capable people. We need some background.

Why should anyone investigate her? She clearly had second thoughts about the post since she removed it, and there are allegations people were already pestering her on the post prior to its removal. People should leave her alone, as really, she told us nothing new. We already knew the song was coming and we all assumed it was in a releasable state.

• Like 4

After a long period without hearing it ... I couldn't resist and I listened one more time to Hard School (not the new HARDSKOOL) ...

Damm .... this is ... the perfect single for a come back. With Slash and Duff, this will sound like an UYI track indeed. Can't wait to hear the proper final mix!

Edited by Bernardo_Seccadio
  • Like 3

“Hype” for GNR to do ::something:: in terms of a release is the highest I’ve felt it since Chinese Democracy was finally imminent, or certainly since the start of the NITL tour.  I really, really hope there’s something to it. 

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bernardo_Seccadio said:

After a long period without hearing it ... I couldn't resist and I listened one more time to Hard School (not the new HARDSKOOL) ...

Damm .... this is ... the perfect single for a come back. With Slash and Duff, this will sound like an UYI track indeed. Can't wait to hear the proper final mix!

The arrangement is completely different now. It is a bass intro like ISE and the breakdown and solo sounds like UayI instead of CD leftover. Plus so much Slash. 

2 hours ago, 19AT5 said:

It would be amazing if they could magically create a drum track from Steven's work he did in the 80s to put on the new version too. Paul Huge 100% also needs to appear on this new version as well. 

:wow:

Don't forget Izzy, but since there are enough guitars he could do the vocals.

3 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

Buckets end solo would be amazing 

The demo mix is a mess. Most of what we can hear is Robin's, and Bucket's lead is very underlying and weird. 

15 minutes ago, Pskihq92 said:

The arrangement is completely different now. It is a bass intro like ISE and the breakdown and solo sounds like UayI instead of CD leftover. Plus so much Slash. 

We still don't know if that bass line is really the intro. Also, whats "Uayl"?

5 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Really? I'd never heard that! 

The Hershey setlist was sold on eBay a day after the show and it had “absurd” listed as an Alt. That’s it. No “insider” said anything about that song beforehand.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

The demo mix is a mess. Most of what we can hear is Robin's, and Bucket's lead is very underlying and weird. 

We still don't know if that bass line is really the intro. Also, whats "Uayl"?

That my friend was a typo lol UYI leftover instead of CD leftover. The bassline from Mexico is most likely the intro, no? The drawn out  guitar intro seems to be gone.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pskihq92 said:

That my friend was a typo lol UYI leftover instead of CD leftover. The bassline from Mexico is most likely the intro, no? The drawn out  guitar intro seems to be gone.

Oh, hahaha. Yeah, I should've know it was UYI. 

Yeah, that bass line sounds a lot like the intro indeed. It's likely and it would sound good. It's just that we can't know for sure if there's anything before that.

6 minutes ago, Gibson87 said:

Where is all this info about the new arrangement and bass line coming from? I'm a little out of the loop 

There have been a few rehearsals of the song that got recorded and posted online. One was in Mexico last year and it had the new bass intro plus a few seconds of Axl singing. A full instrumental rehearsal was heard a little while ago that showed off the new arrangement of the song

1 hour ago, 19AT5 said:

Excellent shout. A quick recap for everybody, the expectation on lineup for the new improved version of Hard School:

Axl Rose - vocals (all recorded in 1999, period)

Slash - lead guitar

Buckethead - lead guitar

Robin Finck - lead guitar

Paul Huge - rhythm guitar

Richard Fortus - rhythm guitar

Tommy Stinson - bass and backing vocals

Duff McKagan - bass and backing vocals

Dizzy Reed - piano, keyboards, tambourine, bongos and backing vocals

Melissa Reese - synthesizers, flute trills, backing vocals, shakers and backing vocals

Christopher Roy Pitman - subbass, synthesizers, tambourine and backing vocals

Josh Freese - drum arrangements

Brain Mantia - drums 

Frank Ferrer - drums 

Steven Adler - cymbals 

Izzy Stradlin - backing vocals 

:axl::axl92::P

Also:

DJ Ashba - minimal lead guitar played with a drumstick and some posing

Edited by GNFNRUK
  • Haha 3

41 minutes ago, GNFNRUK said:

Also:

DJ Ashba - minimal lead guitar played with a drumstick and some posing

Yet another good shout! Add him to the list of fan expectations for appearing on the new GNR song. What key is Hard School in? Perhaps they found a recording of Tracii Guns from the mid-80s playing a chord that appears in the song. I certainly hope so. Hearing Tracii, Slash, Paul, Robin, Bucket, DJ, and Tricky Dicky play together would be a dream. Ron's contributions have been left off this one for some reason. 

• Haha 1