Hard Skool is coming!

7 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Just drop it and let the music speak for itself. Like you said, most people who are gonna buy physical copies, are gonna buy it regardless of whether it's been on spotify/youtube/etc for a few weeks. A surprise drop is definitely the way to go, IMO.

Yeah, personally I'd like a surprise drop without liner notes at first.

Usually I prefer having all the liners in hand, but with a GnR surprise drop I could check out the music and kvetch about all the weird Frankenstein credits later on (Huge/Pitman/Wylde/Hudson/Thal/Shaq/May/Moby/McKagan) 

Edited by merryfnchristmas
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

This exact model has been done several times over the past years. Fans get to hear the music immediately, then post about it all over social media. 

Then excitement gets sparked again when the CDs ship, then again when the vinyl follows (due to the pressing plants being backed up right now). It's actually a pretty good system. 

One thing it will require is for GN'Rs social media pages to be managed far better than they are now. Having said all of that, I couldn't give two shits how it's promoted after it's released. Just let me give you money for your music. 

So, essentially, from a business perspective a surprise album release is probably just as hypothetically likely as a Hard Skool single. 

The only thing that could “top” that would be a proper video for Hard Skool the same day as the album. 

Fuck, I need to stop. 😂

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

This exact model has been done several times over the past years. Fans get to hear the music immediately, then post about it all over social media. 

Then excitement gets sparked again when the CDs ship, then again when the vinyl follows (due to the pressing plants being backed up right now). It's actually a pretty good system. 

One thing it will require is for GN'Rs social media pages to be managed far better than they are now. Having said all of that, I couldn't give two shits how it's promoted after it's released. Just let me give you money for your music. 

I think I’m okay if the promotion fails, as crazy that sounds. I just want it out. Ive kinda accepted personally this is probably the last new music we will hear from Axl so if it tanks I can make peace with it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

GN'R and/or their management have been known to utilize viral marketing, with intentional leaks of info to generate buzz, etc. Perhaps the thing with the fan girl is that, or maybe not. 

Has anyone searched for songs like "Soul Monster" etc. to see if they bring up GN'R stuff on Spotify?

I mean the gal who started all this hype is a super-fan from Brazil, right? Not too difficult to envision this all being kinda planned by Fernando to build up the buzz. I mean the fact she a supposed stranger was even backstage and having a beer with Axl while he’s playing a new tune for her (with a Covid bubble the only thing protecting the tour) raises the suspicion to me that this wasn’t totally spontaneous. Hopefully that’s the case. 

I'm not getting too excited because there's too much overlap with SMKC IMO. They're releasing a single next month or so and then the album in February 2022 and then Slash tours it, I don't see something as monumental as a GNR album to not be the focus and coming out before that album. My money for an album is 2022, and if we're lucky HS this year as single.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

59 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

So, essentially, from a business perspective a surprise album release is probably just as hypothetically likely as a Hard Skool single. 

The only thing that could “top” that would be a proper video for Hard Skool the same day as the album. 

Fuck, I need to stop. 😂

It's fun to think about for sure. It's the whole "what if GN'R did one thing right, let alone many things right at the same time"? 

Fun to think about, but never gonna happen. 

53 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I think we can now confirm that a triple album is coming out Friday

180 minutes with of music, with 1999 vocals. 

51 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I think I’m okay if the promotion fails, as crazy that sounds. I just want it out. Ive kinda accepted personally this is probably the last new music we will hear from Axl so if it tanks I can make peace with it.

Same here but I'm that way about all the music I buy. I couldn't care less how many other people buy it as long as I own it and I like it. 

For the record, I absolutely do NOT think we're getting a full album by surprise on Friday. It's nice to joke about / discuss but I don't think it'll happen. 

Edited by RussTCB
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

It may be hard to believe but not every one of the 211 million individuals in Brazil know each other. 

Ha true, but how many of those 211 million people have a tattoo of Axl on their arm and fly to the US to see multiple shows? Hopefully not too many…ha

• Haha 1

Just now, Coma16 said:

No way a full album drops on Friday. Not even Axl is bold enough to release an album with half the songs being instrumentals. An EP on the other hand? Perhaps....

Lol, what? Why would half of it have be instruments? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I'm not getting too excited because there's too much overlap with SMKC IMO. They're releasing a single next month or so and then the album in February 2022 and then Slash tours it, I don't see something as monumental as a GNR album to not be the focus and coming out before that album. My money for an album is 2022, and if we're lucky HS this year as single.

Agree with this, but think if HS doesn't happen this week, it won't happen this year given the tour is most likely finished in one months time.

How many Fridays till the next tour starts in 2022 😂 

Edited by jimisbatman

19 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

It's fun to think about for sure. It's the whole "what if GN'R did one thing right, let alone many things right at the same time"? 

Fun to think about, but never gonna happen. 

180 minutes with of music, with 1999 vocals. 

Same here but I'm that way about all the music I buy. I couldn't care less how many other people buy it as long as I own it and I like it. 

For the record, I absolutely do NOT think we're getting a full album by surprise on Friday. It's nice to joke about / discuss but I don't think it'll happen. 

Yep. This is us basically waxing poetic about how, after 20+ years of insanity GNR can make it up to us inside a single day. Nahgunnahappen. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Yep. This is us basically waxing poetic about how, after 20+ years of insanity GNR can make it up to us inside a single day. Nahgunnahappen. 

I just depressed myself. It just shows that if GNR did what other bands, ya know, just do, it would blow our minds beyond our wildest dream. 😂