Hard Skool is coming!

Well songs always come out at midnight on Friday on Spotify, so due to my timezone if HS is really dropping now I'll know in 2 1/2 hours, way before the show. If it's not coming out, I see no reason why they would be playing it tonight but also NOT releasing it at the same time, that would just be extremely odd.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

2 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Well songs always come out at midnight on Friday on Spotify, so due to my timezone if HS is really dropping now I'll know in 2 1/2 hours, way before the show. If it's not coming out, I see no reason why they would be playing it tonight but also NOT releasing it at the same time, that would just be extremely odd.

That's not how it works though. Absurd dropped at 9 am in Europe. If they'll release it again at midnight, it will be 7 am this time.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Well songs always come out at midnight on Friday on Spotify, so due to my timezone if HS is really dropping now I'll know in 2 1/2 hours, way before the show. If it's not coming out, I see no reason why they would be playing it tonight but also not releasing it at the same time, that would just be extremely odd.

No, Absurd came out on Friday 6am EU mainland timezone, which was midnight ET I think 

Edited by SAU3R
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

That's not how it works though. Absurd dropped at 9 am in Europe. If they'll release it again at midnight, it will be 7 am this time.

Really? That would be the first time I see a song coming out during the day on Spotify, I've never seen that before, it was always midnight when I saw new songs.

5 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Really? That would be the first time I see a song coming out during the day on Spotify, I've never seen that before, it was always midnight when I saw new songs.

It probably works differently for albums than for singles, especially in a case like this, where it gets played live the first time and the singer announces a release in a few hrs. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

Yeah if the song is released, it would almost surely be at 12AM Eastern Time. So about 8 hours from now. Coincidentally the exact time (11PM Central Time) the curfew is tonight at Wrigley Field for the concert. 

I don't get it though, why would it come out at exactly the same time for every timezone on earth? That's not normally the case is it? For example, when Myles solo album came out a few months ago I already had friends in Australia listening to it many hours before it was midnight for me, when it also dropped for me.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

13 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I don't get it though, why would it come out at exactly the same time for every timezone on earth? That's not normally the case is it? For example, when Myles solo album came out a few months ago I already had friends in Australia listening to it many hours before it was midnight for me, when it also dropped for me.

Yeah I don’t totally get it either outside it would kinda make sense that big American artists would base their releases off of when America first hits Friday at 12AM Eastern time. That would prevent it leaking in the US hours before it’s actually supposed to be released. I imagine some artists care about this and others don’t. In this particular case, the song would be debuting live tonight in America and then be released worldwide so the time makes sense. 

Both Absurd and Hard School have been rehearsed at every show where there was someone outside to listen to soundcheck (at most shows there wasn't and we had clips only from Meegan or not at all). So I think it's safe to say that they've both been rehearsed at every show.

Edited by Blackstar

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I’ll clarify- why now vs beginning of tour?   Releasing 2 “new” songs before tour would have made a lot more sense than now.   With this tour wrapping up seems odd to release now but I guess the GnR world is odd.  

Just now, Original said:

I’ll clarify- why now vs beginning of tour?   Releasing 2 “new” songs before tour would have made a lot more sense than now.   With this tour wrapping up seems odd to release now but I guess the GnR world is odd.  

If the Aussie tour won't happen, they could always play the US again with their new song in the baggage.