Hard Skool is coming!

That clip sounded cool, well hey between that whole Axl playing the studio version for a fan saying its coming and it being rehearsed today, I am more optimistic than I have been lately regarding HS lol.  Like for the first time I feel like it could actually be a decent guess for the set tonight and it doesn't seem like a stretch :lol:

49 minutes ago, klakly said:

Naaaahhh... Personally, I'd rather wake up in America. In L.A., for example 😜

I woke up in LA a dozen times. Not bad, a bit unbearable in the Summer, but I rather sleep in Italy anyways. 

28 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Me too. Hopefully that will be a reality for me next year.

I think there's a possibility that I will be there next November. Not looking forward for taking a flight these days tho.

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I hope they play the stupid song so people stop talking about it constantly...  Haven't they sound checked it on multiple occasions anyway?

Yes. Soundchecked on multiple occasions. Slash posting it on his tiktok after the media attention from Axl saying soon to a fan seems promising though

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I hope they play the stupid song so people stop talking about it constantly...  Haven't they sound checked it on multiple occasions anyway?

Damn how can you be so negative about GNR releasing new music? This is a song from 1996 before Slash left, I don't see the problem. It's classic GNR sounding too.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Damn how can you be so negative about GNR releasing new music? This is a song from 1996 before Slash left, I don't see the problem. It's classic GNR sounding too.

New Music? I am happy for you all... It definitely sounds better than Absurd but to me it isn't anymore exciting than them playing any other Chinese Democracy cover.. 

I thought that was all speculation about the song possible dating to the 90's and was after Slash left anyway.. 

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I dont think it is classic gnr sounding in anyway. It sounds like a B Grade Back off Bitch, that is already a B grade GNR song lol

I rather have different old stuff like State of Grace being released than this. At least that song sounds legit enough.

Hardschool just sounds like a teenage band trying to hard rock. 

1 minute ago, Tom-Ass said:

New Music? I am happy for you all... It definitely sounds better than Absurd but to me it isn't anymore exciting than them playing any other Chinese Democracy cover.. 

I thought that was all speculation that the song dated to the 90's and was after Slash left anyway.. 

If it's the same 1996 song that we've been speculating, it was summer of that year, so a little before Slash left - it could be said it was on the cusp.

6 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I thought that was all speculation that the song dated to the 90's and was after Slash left anyway.. 

The fact it's one of the first songs they're deciding to work on and release seems to me that Slash was involved in this song, he probably even wrote some of it. But either way, what's the point in putting so much weight on when the song was made, all that really matters is the sound your ears hear in the end, no?

Songs being from the CD era won't automatically make them bad, and songs from the lineup before the break up in 96 won't automatically guarantee those will be good. If an entire album comes out you might find one of your favourites will be one that was conceived during the CD years while some you think suck go all the way back to Slash and Duff. And you see, it already proves to be true..because you don't like Hard Skool much.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

I woke up in LA a dozen times. Not bad, a bit unbearable in the Summer, but I rather sleep in Italy anyways. 

I think there's a possibility that I will be there next November. Not looking forward for taking a flight these days tho.

I'm hoping to move there next year.

• GNFNR 1