Hard Skool is coming!

I love this band. I really do. That being said, gunna suggest spicing things up with some whips and chains with the wifey since apparently I'm a glutton for punishment. Pain, torture and tears followed by disappointment is something this band has conditioned out of me. 

• Haha 3

I don't want to admit it to myself, but is GNR a legacy act? And going forward, is there new music going to be the equivalent to the Stones Bigger Bang album. Not their best lol, but only for the hardcore fans?  Cd was innovative, and some of it was rock n' roll on steroids.  Slash whizzing over old CD stuff, is this gonna be any good, or just SMKC material with Axl? 

Lol, don't know where I'm going with this, I'll stop the booze tonight, and probably just over tired, sorry if rambling. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

I don't want to admit it to myself, but is GNR a legacy act? And going forward, is there new music going to be the equivalent to the Stones Bigger Bang album. Not their best lol, but only for the hardcore fans?  Cd was innovative, and some of it was rock n' roll on steroids.  Slash whizzing over old CD stuff, is this gonna be any good, or just SMKC material with Axl? 

Lol, don't know where I'm going with this, I'll stop the booze tonight, and probably just over tired, sorry if rambling. 

so far 16 officially released songs in 30 years. Shit seems like it's improving with the release of Absurd, and if a new album is released than it won't be the case, but for now, yes, Gn'R is a legacy act.

if released, the chance of the next Gn'R album even comparing to the material released in their peak is very low imo but that's ok cause it can still be great. Every band with its own personality and circumstances.

Slash does seem to have the ability to differentiate between his projects. Still sounds like him, but Snakepit, VR, solo album, SMKC, and Gn'R all sound distinct enough to me from one another.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rovim said:

so far 16 officially released songs in 30 years. Shit seems like it's improving with the release of Absurd, and if a new album is released then it won't be the case, but for now, yes, Gn'R is a legacy act.

if released, the chance of the next Gn'R album even comparing to the material released in their peak is very low imo but that's ok cause it can still be great. Every band with its own personality and circumstances.

I agree on all points. If the next album is a re-worked CD2, then I expect the subsequent album to be half or more of re-worked CD era tracks, with some actual new stuff.

28 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I agree on all points. If the next album is a re-worked CD2, then I expect the subsequent album to be half or more of re-worked CD era tracks with Buckethead and Robin's tracks intact, with some actual new stuff.

Fixed that for ya sir! 😉

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

The fact it's one of the first songs they're deciding to work on and release seems to me that Slash was involved in this song, he probably even wrote some of it. 

it already proves to be true..because you don't like Hard Skool much.

Well they just released some Frankenstein version of a terrible CD leftover that Slash and Duff had nothing to do with, so that theory doesn't really stand..

I never said I didn't like Hard School. I haven't even heard it aside from a couple sound check clips.. Just saying CD leftovers don't excite me in the least if that is what it is.. The name is certainly cheesy as hell though. Surprised the don't call it Hard Fn Skool lol

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

The year is 2078, and Tom-Ass is still waiting for those new and fresh songs written in 2016 by Axl, Slash and Duff.

afee21efd11583933ac03a329f33f85b.jpeg

lol.. I am not waiting for anything.. I really don't care if they release new music... If they do I have a hard time believing it will be any good. I  am ok with that... I still love the band and happy enough to be able to see them tour.. Absurd was already one new shit song too many..

14 hours ago, kozydogg said:

Would you rather hear HS or have them open with Pretty Tied Up?

PTU please.

100% Pretty Tied Up... Axl sounded great on that sound check last year..

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ak1nney said:

You know what's worse than fans hoping to get another single released of a song they like? Fans that shit all over them for being excited and hoping for new material and releases. I'm not going to bash on fans that are excited for new things though. That's worse

Who bashed or shit all over fans being excited for a new release? Are you referring to me? Because I sure didn't.. 

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

How I hope your fix will be reality!

Do you just want Robin and Buckethead back in the band then? Rather than this horrendous frankenstein mix of eras meshed together to create something few folks would actually be happy with. I'm generally not one for what if history... but GNR would've been a considerably different entity had the band featured these dudes from the offset. The visual of GNR played a lot in their popularity. There's a reason you don't see fuckers walking aroond the street wae upside doon KFC buckets on their noggin, wearing a yellow rain jacket and a white Michael Myres mask!

4 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

Well considering your name, I’ll quote my old buddy Joe Hallenbeck from the amazing film The Last Boy Scout:

“Well, there's not much more to tell than that. Water's wet, the sky's blue. And old GNR, Jimmy, they’re out there as a legacy act. And just getting lamer and lamer.”

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Rovim said:

so far 16 officially released songs in 30 years. Shit seems like it's improving with the release of Absurd, and if a new album is released than it won't be the case, but for now, yes, Gn'R is a legacy act.

Slash does seem to have the ability to differentiate between his projects. Still sounds like him, but Snakepit, VR, solo album, SMKC, and Gn'R all sound distinct enough to me from one another.

Brilliant answer, and like how Slash can sound distinct in his projects, that's true. 

3 hours ago, 19AT5 said:

Do you just want Robin and Buckethead back in the band then? Rather than this horrendous frankenstein mix of eras meshed together to create something few folks would actually be happy with. I'm generally not one for what if history... but GNR would've been a considerably different entity had the band featured these dudes from the offset. The visual of GNR played a lot in their popularity. There's a reason you don't see fuckers walking aroond the street wae upside doon KFC buckets on their noggin, wearing a yellow rain jacket and a white Michael Myres mask!

I'd love for Bucket to be back in the band. I'd welcome Robin too, if Slash were to depart again. 

Relative lack of popularity for both players compared to iconic Slash is not indicative of their abilities. I felt they meshed very well with GN'R during that time back in 2002ish, and certainly have some wonderful contributions in the studio, and on at least one release. 

"Yeah, we we're going to release it in 2020 but, you know Covid happened and then in 2021, you know how things go, nobody really knows how to release music in this digital day and age and we tried to explain it to Axl, so that was another full year gone and we're still not sure he fully understands it. Thank god we still had Silkworms ready to go from 2001, so all we had to do was press the "RELEASE"-button on that one and as you know the fans and critics loved it. Then in 2022 we were all set to throw it out there, but then suddenly Axl's sleeve rolled down that one time while he was washing his hands so we decided it would be best to delay it even further back so the GNR fam could get the full Hard Skewl experience in 2023."

- Fernando on "Hard Skewl", March '23 (probably)

• Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

6 hours ago, 19AT5 said:

I’d love Buckethead back in the band WITH Slash and Fortus. Bucket brings something completely different to the table, regardless of what the guy looks like, in terms of technical ability, he’s the best guitarist GNR have ever had. He can play experimental shredding solos or laid back emotional solos and everything in between. Even if some people don’t love the Chinese Democracy album (I do), no one can say  Bucketheads contributions were anything less than amazing.

His solos on If The World and TWAT have much more of an emotional impact on me than any solo Slash has laid down on an album since he left GNR if I’m honest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, North Korean Democracy said:

Now that we know that Axl was ill this last show, should we hope for Hardskool tomorrow? There's only 7 shows left in this tour.

BTW Perhaps, Atlas and State of Grace would be far easier for him to perform instead.

Everyone learned a hard (pun intended) lesson last night about hoping for a new song. It won't happen until it happens.

• Like 1