Hard Skool is coming!

7 hours ago, GNFNRUK said:

I’d love Buckethead back in the band WITH Slash and Fortus. Bucket brings something completely different to the table, regardless of what the guy looks like, in terms of technical ability, he’s the best guitarist GNR have ever had. He can play experimental shredding solos or laid back emotional solos and everything in between. Even if some people don’t love the Chinese Democracy album (I do), no one can say  Bucketheads contributions were anything less than amazing.

His solos on If The World and TWAT have much more of an emotional impact on me than any solo Slash has laid down on an album since he left GNR if I’m honest.

Great post. 💯% agree

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

9 hours ago, GNFNRUK said:

I’d love Buckethead back in the band WITH Slash and Fortus. Bucket brings something completely different to the table, regardless of what the guy looks like, in terms of technical ability, he’s the best guitarist GNR have ever had. He can play experimental shredding solos or laid back emotional solos and everything in between. Even if some people don’t love the Chinese Democracy album (I do), no one can say  Bucketheads contributions were anything less than amazing.

His solos on If The World and TWAT have much more of an emotional impact on me than any solo Slash has laid down on an album since he left GNR if I’m honest.

I think that the issue with that would be a "too many cooks in the kitchen" situation, especially since the general public would want more Slash and really no Bucket lol

I do love Bucket, and his work on Chinese, but with Slash in the band to me Slash should be the focus and THE lead guitarist in the band, anything else is a distraction.  Slash is THE GNR lead guitarist

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

Considering he said they were thinking of putting out Silkworms 'soon' in 2013, and he was technically right that the track was the next single, this does not bode well for Hard Skool. We could be looking at a 2029 release.

plans change, but this is applicable to anything Gn'R at any point until Axl actually pulls the trigger on it. I don't know if it's very effective to compare 2013 with 2021.

There was no release of any "new" original music after Chinese like there was after the reunion with Absurd so I'm thinking just because Axl wanted to do something and it didn't pan out, doesn't mean it will always be like that plus I believe Slash and Duff returning to Gn'R means there is some positive influence on Axl when it comes to artistic confidence/motivation to move forward cause he's not doing it "alone" anymore.

• Like 1

The subtle marketing these guys are up to is obviously working. Why do any interviews when you can just post a short clip from a soundcheck, let a fan listen to the song and a take a picture from an alternate setlist and get loads  of media attention? 

Even though it's frustrating for us, I think they know what they're doing. Cudos.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ThePreacher said:

If gnr are NOT going to release HS because the tour is almost over, and see no point in it, they could still debut it live now, and release studio version on eve of 2022 tour with live selects music video. Cheap, and great promotion. 

30 minutes ago, something.always said:

Exactly when did Hardschool/Hard School become Hard Skool. Hard Skool just looks dumb. A band of 60-year olds has no business spelling "school" as "skool".  It's ridiculous. 

It was listed as "Hard School" at the setlist from the 2019 Hollywood Palladium show.

Next show was Miami 2020, but I don't think there is a setlist of that show floating around.

Next show was Mexico 2020 (last one before COVID), and at that one it was already "Hard Skool"

And then this year we got Meegan's pic of the screen video for HS where the screen says "Skool". 

EDIT: the leaked setlist pic of Mexico has actually the Miami date, so I guess we can assume it was "Hard Skool" around that time too?
IMG_20200315_180300.jpg

So if it was "Skool" for Miami too, then the switch from "Hard School" to "Hard Skool" was done in that 3 month period between shows (2019-09-21 LA and 2020-01-31 Miami)

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GNRfanMILO said:

It was listed as "Hard School" at the setlist from the 2019 Hollywood Palladium show.

Next show was Miami 2020, but I don't think there is a setlist of that show floating around.

Next show was Mexico 2020 (last one before COVID), and at that one it was already "Hard Skool"

And then this year we got Meegan's pic of the screen video for HS where the screen says "Skool". 

At least it's not Hard F'n Skool

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GNRfanMILO said:

EDIT: the leaked setlist pic of Mexico has actually the Miami date, so I guess we can assume it was "Hard Skool" around that time too?
IMG_20200315_180300.jpg

So if it was "Skool" for Miami too, then the switch from "Hard School" to "Hard Skool" was done in that 3 month period between shows (2019-09-21 LA and 2020-01-31 Miami)

Fuck, this is so sad to look at. Hard Skool, PTU and TAY all in the main set. All gone when they return in 2021. This band is such a disappointment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, something.always said:

Exactly when did Hardschool/Hard School become Hard Skool. Hard Skool just looks dumb. A band of 60-year olds has no business spelling "school" as "skool".  It's ridiculous. 

He's a typical edge-lord isn't he?

He thinks Hard Skool looks cool, just as he thought DJ Ashba looked cool.

2 hours ago, something.always said:

i think it had something to do with copyright issues like night train/ nightrain 

21 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I'd love for Bucket to be back in the band. I'd welcome Robin too, if Slash were to depart again. 

Relative lack of popularity for both players compared to iconic Slash is not indicative of their abilities. I felt they meshed very well with GN'R during that time back in 2002ish, and certainly have some wonderful contributions in the studio, and on at least one release. 

I don't believe I commented on their abilities? But the reality is neither of them has written or performed on an album as iconic as Appetite For Destruction. The other reality is that they mainly performed tracks written by other people whilst also appearing on the least successful album released by the band. 

• Like 3