Hard Skool is coming!

16 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

You think Axl would want the band to rework a song he doesn't like, and then release it as a single? ..just no

Yes.

I think that is more than preferable over actually writing/recording a new song.

IMO - it was either HardSkool or Perhaps, but he got nervous and changed it to Silkworms with the perfect excuse of 'it's obviously just a bit of fun' - which he actually used when people rightfully pointed out it was terrible.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, sofine11 said:

I hate that we’re essentially waiting for a night where Axl believes singing this song will not categorically kill him. Nice contingency there. 😳

Yeah I feel the same. Also I wonder how it’s gonna work after they released it or played live for the first time.. will they only play it every third or fourth show when Axl feels ready to sing it?

4 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

Yeah I feel the same. Also I wonder how it’s gonna work after they released it or played live for the first time.. will they only play it every third or fourth show when Axl feels ready to sing it?

I’ve been wondering this as well. Will they be expected to play it live at every show from now on once it’s out? Can Axl even pull that off? Maybe they plan to release it near the very end of this tour, play it at the two Hollywood FL shows, and then hope everyone forgets it by the time they return in June 2022.

Just now, rumandraisin said:

I genuinely dont know about Hard Skool coming out soon. It's too hard to even guess, look at the Absurd week. Just really came from nowhere over a few days. There's no way of guessing. 

Knowing them it'll probably be a new version of OMG 

I’ll take it.

• Like 2

I will see them in Italy next July, but I have to admit that I hope to have HS before that concert. Maybe it might make sense to play it in Florida, release it and get the new album out before the European leg. It would create a fair amount of hype even now about those shows.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, klakly said:

I will see them in Italy next July, but I have to admit that I hope to have HS before that concert. Maybe it might make sense to play it in Florida, release it and get the new album out before the European leg. It would create a fair amount of hype even now about those shows.

See ya there ;-)

• Like 1

Thought I would throw a scenario out there.  Maybe they play it St Paul tomorrow night. Their last show was in Milwaukee and that was an outdoor show. It's a 5 hour drive from Milwaukee to the Twin Cites. Del posted a photo that was tagged Minneapolis, MN yesterday on Instagram. I would be pretty convinced they are all already in town. With the show at the Xcel Energy Center on Tuesday, they could rehearse the song with Axl singing without too much worry that it would be recorded and sent out on the internet --with Axl singing.  With 3 days in the Twin Cites before the show maybe this gives them that opportunity to actually fully (w/Axl) rehearse the song without too much "interference," or worry that its leaked.

Personally what they should do is just rehearse the song anywhere and run everything strictly through IEM's. The drums would be the only thing that would be heard to anyone NOT wearing the IEM's. One of my bands used to rehearse that way.

53 minutes ago, DPR714 said:

Personally what they should do is just rehearse the song anywhere and run everything strictly through IEM's. The drums would be the only thing that would be heard to anyone NOT wearing the IEM's. One of my bands used to rehearse that way.

I think they've done that too, like when Axl rehearsed with them before Hershey. 

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

They should just play the fucking thing.

I've never seen such a fuss and drama over a band playing a song in my life! 

You make a fair point! It is a bit of a joke this. Especially when a lot of fans have already heard previous iterations of the same bloody track. Possibly they are still finalising the subbass and tambourine mixes!

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, allwaystired said:

They should just play the fucking thing.

I've never seen such a fuss and drama over a band playing a song in my life! 

I know! I threw that out there to throw some more gas on the fire. Once it is played, if it is played, there will be at least a 30 page thread on how it was sung, the guitar parts, drums etc.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I’ve been wondering this as well. Will they be expected to play it live at every show from now on once it’s out? Can Axl even pull that off? Maybe they plan to release it near the very end of this tour, play it at the two Hollywood FL shows, and then hope everyone forgets it by the time they return in June 2022.

He plays you could be mine every night. They did coma for 4 years straight, after saying in his prime it was too hard to sing. He's not not singing it because he doesn't think he can pull it off. I don't know the reason it's not been played yet, but it's clearly nothing to do with axl worrying about singing it live. Half the GnR catalogue are tougher to sing. and he's shown he has no issue singing it mickey style if need be. 

• Like 1

Just now, DPR714 said:

I know! I threw that out there to throw some more gas on the fire. Once it is played, if it is played, there will be at least a 30 page thread on how it was sung, the guitar parts, drums etc.

Oh, for sure! 

It's like getting blood from a stone getting a 'new' song from this band.

When you actually sit back and think about the discussion and drama around it, compared to virtually every other band on the planet, it's even more crackers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Oh, for sure! 

It's like getting blood from a stone getting a 'new' song from this band.

When you actually sit back and think about the discussion and drama around it, compared to virtually every other band on the planet, it's even more crackers. 

I am in complete agreement with you! I loved it when Slash said something along the lines of: we're just working out how to release an album. Perhaps get Axl to focus on working out how not to have most it of leaked beforehand! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JimiRose said:

He plays you could be mine every night. They did coma for 4 years straight, after saying in his prime it was too hard to sing. He's not not singing it because he doesn't think he can pull it off. I don't know the reason it's not been played yet, but it's clearly nothing to do with axl worrying about singing it live. Half the GnR catalogue are tougher to sing. and he's shown he has no issue singing it mickey style if need be. 

I think the difference is that new songs would be under more scrutiny than the classics.