Hard Skool is coming!

Just now, DarkLotus1111 said:

Soon = 2021

2 + 0 + 2 + 1 = 5

Axl has 5 fingers on both hands

That adds up to 10

"Hard Skool" will be performed at 10 pm in the next show. Notice how Axl is wearing a cat shirt. The cat is out of the bag. It's a sign. The stars are aligning for "Hard Skool". 

This is all 100% legit info. I mean, it just makes sense. 

• Haha 4

I could see Absurd/Hardskool as preview singles. and a new album in 2022 with a single to coincide with that. Absurd and HS would still be on the record, but wouldn't be like the single, you know?

Sort of like Rush and Clockwork Angels, they put out Caravan and BU2B in around 2010 and then put out Headlong Flight as the lead single when the full album came out in 2012. Hopefully it isn't a 2 year wait for this case!

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 3

Any news is good news. Especially within the GNR world. Following this band is unorthodox to be kind compared to others. Let’s all hope this news pays off. Seems fairly legit to me to be honest. I just hope we get the song sooner than later 

Just now, GNRfanMILO said:

For those that were already very positive, like myself, this is just more evidence that a release is imminent.

Multiple soundchecks, the alt setlist, a screen video, the Fernando posts, and now the fact that the studio version is already done? Yeah.

Since Absurd I always believed that HS would drop 1 month later. So I'm veeery positive for this friday, after the Chicago date :headbang:

Yep. I have allllll of my chips on them playing it live Thursday night and it being available at midnight (for Friday) like with Absurd.

• Like 1

If they do play it in Chicago and drop it the next day then that means HardSkool and Absurd are probably just bonus tracks for a UYI box, rather than tracks for a new album. Could be wrong, though. Maybe the UYI box really has been pushed out to next year (like what happened with AFD) so make room for an actual new album this year. Hopefully that’s the case!

1 minute ago, DTV88 said:

Don’t know her name but she was in the middle front row at the San Jose concert. And yes, that’s an Axl tattoo on her left upper arm. Not sure what reason she would have to lie :shrugs:

Because FERNANDO told her to lie for us that they could continue tease us forever

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

If they do play it in Chicago and drop it the next day then that means HardSkool and Absurd are probably just bonus tracks for a UYI box, rather than tracks for a new album. Could be wrong, though. Maybe the UYI box really has been pushed out to next year (like what happened with AFD) so make room for an actual new album this year. Hopefully that’s the case!

Man, that would be a bummer. A UYI set would excite me less than a good NITL BluRay/Live Album, even. Unless it had some really juicy stuff like Ain't Going Down. Throwing HS and Absurd on that would make no sense, though, so I don't think that is the case hopefully

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

I wonder if Axl has a big red button to press when he finally decides to drop some tunes, a bit like the President’s nuclear button 🤣🤣

That's totally how I imagined the release of Absurd went lmao. Can you imagine how the conversations in the record label building went after they were informed to release Absurd?  "Right", "Haha fuck you John I'm not falling for that, it's not april fools not funny" "come on now" "WTF seriously Axl called?"

Meegan even posted something on IG like "video was done last night" the day Absurd came out, which makes me even more convinced it was pretty spontaneous lol.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

Just now, StrangerInThisTown said:

Can you imagine how the conversations in the record label building went after they were informed to release Absurd?  "Right", "Fuck you John I'm not falling for that, it's not april fools not funny" "come on now" "WTF seriously Axl called?"

Meegan even posted something on IG like "video was done last night" the day Absurd came out, which makes me even more convinced it was pretty spontaneous lol.

It's just like Axl to do that. Do fuck all for 13 years and then decide to release a track on a whim :lol:

• ABSUЯD 3

I don't think it's out of character that Axl would do something like this. Didn't he play Chinese Democracy tracks in some random strip club long before the album was released? Then a stripper who worked there came to the boards to tell us about it. I still happen to remember that she referred to herself as "just another piece of meat" and described herself as "coloured".

Edited by Scream of the Butterfly
  • Like 1

He even let The General play at some random party. If they're working on new stuff he will want to listen to it a lot and see if anything needs changed or improved in the mix or whatever. Not that uncommon or far fetched

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

This "soon" feels different to me than all the other soons.

But does this soon feel sooner than other soons?

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1