Hard Skool is coming!

14 minutes ago, Towelie said:

I think it has potential to be a great song but nothing is worth this level of fuss/hype/build up. Part of the mistake they made with Chinese was letting the hype build up to such levels where nothing they delivered could ever live up to expectations. It seems Axl's not learned from his mistakes. 

This is exactly right. Axl is a victim of his own doing. He allows the build up to escalate to a point where it can't do anything but disappoint to some degree,

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, DPR714 said:

Thought I would throw a scenario out there.  Maybe they play it St Paul tomorrow night. Their last show was in Milwaukee and that was an outdoor show. It's a 5 hour drive from Milwaukee to the Twin Cites. Del posted a photo that was tagged Minneapolis, MN yesterday on Instagram. I would be pretty convinced they are all already in town. With the show at the Xcel Energy Center on Tuesday, they could rehearse the song with Axl singing without too much worry that it would be recorded and sent out on the internet --with Axl singing.  With 3 days in the Twin Cites before the show maybe this gives them that opportunity to actually fully (w/Axl) rehearse the song without too much "interference," or worry that its leaked.

Personally what they should do is just rehearse the song anywhere and run everything strictly through IEM's. The drums would be the only thing that would be heard to anyone NOT wearing the IEM's. One of my bands used to rehearse that way.

Utter madness some of what's on here.

• Like 1

Just now, Towelie said:

I think it has potential to be a great song but nothing is worth this level of fuss/hype/build up. Part of the mistake they made with Chinese was letting the hype build up to such levels where nothing they delivered could ever live up to expectations. It seems Axl's not learned from his mistakes. 

Yeah, it's so similar. Perhaps worse actually, as at least they played out a lot of the new stuff when they came back in 2000/2001. People heard it, even if it took so long for it to be released. 

As it stands at the moment Hard Skool for a lot of people has gone beyond interesting, into 'just get on with it' territory. If they played it tonight, at this point I'd just think 'thank goodness.....now where's an album?'. Which could be years and years away (if ever) based on how long it takes them to play one song we've been expecting them to play for well over a year! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

I think the difference is that new songs would be under more scrutiny than the classics.

That would also means he acknowledges he can't sing very well anymore. I dont think he does acknowledge that! Fernando probably tells him how great he sounds between each song

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah, it's so similar. Perhaps worse actually, as at least they played out a lot of the new stuff when they came back in 2000/2001. People heard it, even if it took so long for it to be released. 

As it stands at the moment Hard Skool for a lot of people has gone beyond interesting, into 'just get on with it' territory. If they played it tonight, at this point I'd just think 'thank goodness.....now where's an album?'. Which could be years and years away (if ever) based on how long it takes them to play one song we've been expecting them to play for well over a year! 

Bang on. The leaked version is decent/okay, minus the awful happy intro and mid sections, in my opinion. If it is ever released, I will listen to it, and give it the time of day, but... I already know the song so...???? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I wish we didn't know Hard Skool was coming

I wiah i never got in to this band sometimes. Ten years for me and relatively little has changed. We're 1 song better off and still waiting for some kind of pay off. 

But still I come here a few times a day. Because im a sucker for this bands games and teases 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

dollar-prank-feature.jpg

Accept it's more a case of me chasing guns with my cash desperately offering them in exchange for new music. Take my money you  swines and give us what we want. A confusing mish mash of  20 year old vocals with new guitars and bass. 

Edited by rumandraisin

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

Linkfire link now exists for HardSkool: https://gunsnroses.lnk.to/hardskool

My asshole is still closed… my mouth however…

So on the same day this is being prepared the band stops soundchecking the song. Which means they either soundchecked the hell out of it in private with Axl, or it means this band makes no sense at all.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

So on the same day this is being prepared the band stops soundchecking the song. Which means they either soundchecked the hell out of it in private with Axl, or it means this band makes no sense at all.

We don't know if they have soundchecked today or not, do we?

12 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Yes yes and maybe. 👌🏻