Hard Skool is coming!

23 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Well no one reported hearing it and wouldn't it be quite big coincidence that we know Absurd, Estranged, Civil War and Coma were soundchecked but not HS?

The source for these four songs being soundchecked is Meegan, right? But she doesn't stream all soundcheck, and she has streamed HS only once, although it has been rehearsed at many other shows (in fact at all shows, most likely).

If we think that just because Meegan hasn't streamed a song or there is no other recording of it, that automatically means it hasn't been soundchecked, we're getting into @Pele logic territory :lol:

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The source for these four songs being soundchecked is Meegan, right? But she doesn't stream all soundcheck, and she has streamed HS only once, although it has been rehearsed at many other shows (in fact at all shows, most likely).

If we think that just because Meegan hasn't streamed a song or there is no other recording of it, that automatically means it hasn't been soundchecked, we're getting into @Pele logic territory :lol:

I mean what are the actual chances we get footage from soundcheck that also happens to be from 4 different songs, but also not one of them is HS? How many songs do they go through, like 4-5 right? Rather slim so I think the assumption makes sense. Unless it's deliberately not shown and meegan has been told off by TB to show footage of the song which is ridiculous since theres footage on Slashs own goddamn tiktok account.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

5 hours ago, alangarcianr said:

Whats linkfire?

5 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Linkfire is what GnR uses to release songs digitally. They used it for SOYL and Absurd too. As of yesterday the HardSkool link gave a 404 error but now it finally works.

It's like linktree or smarturl, it's just a menu to send the user to the streaming service or store of their choice.

39 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

On a tangent - does anyone know what's up with that GN'R Soundcloud account? Both the Absurd Linkfire and the Hardskool linkfire direct to a GNR Soundcloud account with random uploads on it, lol. I doubt it's official at all.

I don't see a soundcloud account linked from the linkfire

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThePreacher said:

From my experience of music journalism, these links are given to us few days before the official release so we can make the article ready for upcoming friday with link ready to go! ;)

I would be really optimistic about this friday but you know - GNFR......

Begs the question I guess…..have you been given a link?

Or - was the Absurd link sent out too (for comparison)?

37 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Begs the question I guess…..have you been given a link?

Or - was the Absurd link sent out too (for comparison)?

I believe no one knew about Absurd. Not even the biggest ones with lots of "insiders". 

Usually bit smaller bands does this. Not Metallica, Gnr and so on...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I mean what are the actual chances we get footage from soundcheck that also happens to be from 4 different songs, but also not one of them is HS? How many songs do they go through, like 4-5 right? Rather slim so I think the assumption makes sense. Unless it's deliberately not shown and meegan has been told off by TB to show footage of the song which is ridiculous since theres footage on Slashs own goddamn tiktok account.

I'm under the impression they soundcheck about as many as ten songs on show day, like half of the set, and the rest the day before.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1