Hard Skool is coming!

Wanted to continue a discussion with @AxlRoseCDIIfrom yesterday's show thread regarding HS:

There's a lot I actually don't like about the studio version we've heard. The intro is pretty awful and I agree with your comments regarding the mid section of the song with the solo. I just meant to say that I like the actual solo itself and I'm sad it'll be gone on the officially released version. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

The new rehearsal clip sounds great, though, doesnt it? I dig the (fortunately, still present) slower mid section and those cool lil whiny guitar bends from Slash, Im assuming. Very Dont Damn Me -esque. 

Plus, am i the only one who digs Duffs backing vocals? I can only imagine how good it'll sound alongside Axls singing.

Fucking release it, already. 

9 minutes ago, Estrangedfx said:

The new rehearsal clip sounds great, though, doesnt it? I dig the (fortunately, still present) slower mid section and those cool lil whiny guitar bends from Slash, Im assuming. Very Dont Damn Me -esque. 

Plus, am i the only one who digs Duffs backing vocals? I can only imagine how good it'll sound alongside Axls singing.

Fucking release it, already. 

What Clip? Margot’s one? Or is it another one from last show?

12 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

The demo’s intro seems like Finck just doing something jazzy, and they decided it was decent enough placeholder until they came up with something better.

Could be right. The intro on the demo is pretty cheesy though. And that mid section is just too fucking happy and I hate it! 

36 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Wanted to continue a discussion with @AxlRoseCDIIfrom yesterday's show thread regarding HS:

There's a lot I actually don't like about the studio version we've heard. The intro is pretty awful and I agree with your comments regarding the mid section of the song with the solo. I just meant to say that I like the actual solo itself and I'm sad it'll be gone on the officially released version. 

I think the solo is pretty good until it gets to the heavenly, calm portion. If it was just the faster section into the final chorus I think it’d be pretty solid but could use a redo. The long section just makes it drag unnecessarily.

Justin general as much as I love the CD era, even with CD as my favorite album I hate the long intros. CD, Riad, etc. Just get to damn song.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I think the solo is pretty good until it gets to the heavenly, calm portion. If it was just the faster section into the final chorus I think it’d be pretty solid but could use a redo. The long section just makes it drag unnecessarily.

Justin general as much as I love the CD era, even with CD as my favorite album I hate the long intros. CD, Riad, etc. Just get to damn song.

I like the intro on the title track but yeah I’ve always hated the intro on the album version of Riad.

Imagine how many streams this song will get just from the people in this thread alone😂1 million plays in 1 day?

4 minutes ago, saint_seiya_aka_buckethead said:

How did people hear the new studio version of this song?

Only 1 fan did with Axl backstage, no one else

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

24 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

The intro is way too long and doesn't fit, for sure. I haven't put any time into soundcheck versions of fan made ones that have floated around. So who knows, I maybe I'll like the changes on the official release. Who knows? It worked for Silkworms lol

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

The intro is way too long and doesn't fit, for sure. I haven't put any time into soundcheck versions of fan made ones that have floated around. So who knows, I maybe I'll like the changes on the official release. Who knows? It worked for Silkworms lol

It’s pretty much just a bass-line into the song now. 10x prefer that.

I thought Silkworms sucked until the new version. I think one of my first reactions was “why do Slash and Duff want to work on that pile of shit song?”

Then they added guitars to it and I play it on repeat every day since :tongue2:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

It’s pretty much just a bass-line into the song now. 10x prefer that.

I thought Silkworms sucked until the new version. I think one of my first reactions was “why do Slash and Duff want to work on that pile of shit song?”

Then they added guitars to it and I play it on repeat every day since :tongue2:

The HOB/Rio and Bumble versions had guitars too tho…

1 hour ago, Thood9 said:

I don’t know if it’s been mentioned but I was in merch line for the basball event shirt at Wrigley when they rehearsed Hard School & not sure if it was coincidence or not but the song started with a “school like bell”ring🔔 sound right before the bass line kicks in.  So if it’s added to the set we get maybe loud ass bell ring to go with the loud ass Nightrain horns!? 😅🤘

Gimmick infringement from Alice Cooper.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, fantomas said:

Not sure if this was posted, but searching Hard Skool in the Spotify app links to the GnR page. The release must be imminent. In the past when I've seen this, songs/albums have appeared in 24 - 48 hours.

Unrelated, but you decided to skip the Phoenix show right? You really missed out; it was better than the 2016 show imo.