Hard Skool is coming!

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Personally I'd prefer to hope an aging Axl Rose wasn't being a creep.

Just ask DJ Ashba. :D

1 hour ago, batatadoce said:

Such class, we have a man of culture among us.

Yeah, highly unexpected behavior on a forum dedicated to a band of this kind. :D

2 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

The fact that their is now confirmation of a studio recording is pretty big news to me. I know some of the community are disappointed that these releases are just copy and paste jobs, but I don't even care, anymore. The fact that there is activity and that we are getting "new" studio recordings with Axl, Slash, and Duff is fucking great considering I didn't think that would ever be happening in between 2018 and this tour. The copy and paste job also means that a full album will be a pretty easy task for them. Absurd is really just Slash and Duff thrown on an existing track, that could have taken them a day each to put their parts over. Axl didn't mull over Absurd, it sounds like it was recorded over, mixed and mastered quick, and that was that. Production sounds fine to me :headbang:

Bring on Hard Skool- it rocks, its catchy, its short, it has a great GNR-chorus, the new version seems to have a ton of Slash leads, the bridge is pretty unique... It isn't the greatest song in their catalog, and I am sure there will be better songs on the (alleged) record, but HS song is actually a good choice for a single. Cannot believe Absurd was picked first :lol:, still cracks me up.

Let's goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Most important thing is the music is good. If it's good, I couldn't care less if it's copy/pasted or not.

Personally I would be happy if it's not all CD2 stuff but at this point a new record should just get released.

But it's not easy to say how reliable the source is. Based on the typical GNR long-term-fan-experience I have doubts on any source that's not Axl, Slash or Duff so unfortunately my hopes aren't pretty high.

Let's hope plans won't change and Axl is convinced that 'soon is the right word' this time.

Maybe Pele can confirm if she's telling the truth :lol:

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Most important thing is the music is good. If it's good, I couldn't care less if it's copy/pasted or not.

Personally I would be happy if it's not all CD2 stuff but at this point a new record should just get released.

But it's not easy to say how reliable the source is. Based on the typical GNR long-term-fan-experience I have doubts on any source that's not Axl, Slash or Duff so unfortunately my hopes aren't pretty high.

Let's hope plans won't change and Axl is convinced that 'soon is the right word' this time.

Maybe Pele can confirm if she's telling the truth :lol:

I believe what she says.  I believe Axl played her the song and I believe he suggested it might come out soon.

8 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I wonder which vocal take he will use. There's more than one from that era. ;)

The one we've heard on the Village Sessions.