Hard Skool is coming!

4 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

A young pretty fan asks about your already leaked song, I think he knows the secrets out so sharing it with her is no big deal; huge deal deal for her though! imagine the pressure listening to it while he's standing beside you🤣 

Only surprise here is that GNR are inviting people backstage, even good looking women. Inviting women backstage is normal, but during a tour where covid can shut down the entire operation it seems risky. I don't blame Axl though😄 

Maybe she did a test before going backstage

I think IF the Hardskool single is coming out soon, the timing of the new Slash singel is a bit odd - he will compete against himself!?

Could this be a sign that he is not that into the GNR material, because Axl uses his old songs where he has little input and wants to showcase music that he has written?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

A young pretty fan asks about your already leaked song, I think he knows the secrets out so sharing it with her is no big deal; huge deal deal for her though! imagine the pressure listening to it while he's standing beside you🤣 

Only surprise here is that GNR are inviting people backstage, even good looking women. Inviting women backstage is normal, but during a tour where covid can shut down the entire operation it seems risky. I don't blame Axl though😄 

Still not convinced really, I have to say. Especially now the post has been removed. Seems unlikely to me he'd be taking such precautions as walking to the stage with a mask on.....then meeting with fans from the crowd straight after. 

I'm so used to weirdos making fake setlists, fake albums, fake promo CDs, etc etc that I absolutely wouldn't be surprised if someone just stuck an old photo up in order to troll everyone again. 

Either way though, are we really surprised that a recording of Hard Skool exists? I'd have thought that was fairly obvious, given we got Absurd? 

Whether we ever hear it, who knows? A recording of it has been in existence for years and we've never (officially) heard it. Get the damned thing released before we all drop off this mortal coil. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Still not convinced really, I have to say. Especially now the post has been removed. Seems unlikely to me he'd be taking such precautions as walking to the stage with a mask on.....then meeting with fans from the crowd straight after. 

I'm so used to weirdos making fake setlists, fake albums, fake promo CDs, etc etc that I absolutely wouldn't be surprised if someone just stuck an old photo up in order to troll everyone again. 

I was thinking this as well at first but he has the same shirt that he had at the Atlantic City show on so I assume it's real! :)

I think Axl might just be warming up his raspy voice and won't debut Hard School until he thinks he can pull it off live. He has been putting more rasp in to the past few shows here and there so maybe he is just building up to it. Perhaps, because the technique can be painful for him, he needs to really warm up his throat muscles to do it and avoid further damage, hence why it takes entire shows to warm up. Once strengthened, he might be able to use more rasp again. Would also explain 2010 and 2016 rasp revivals. We can only hope! One last chainsaw voice stretch! 

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

I absolutely wouldn't be surprised if someone just stuck an old photo up in order to troll everyone again. 

Sounds too far fetched to me. If you watch the video in the rolling stone article thread, you'll see Axl was wearing that same t-shirt during the final songs of the show. The pic is not photoshopped, must have been taken right after the show as he hadn't even changed yet. He only put that wonderful robe on :lol:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Twinaleblood said:

Sounds too far fetched to me. If you watch the video in the rolling stone article thread, you'll see Axl was wearing that same t-shirt during the final songs of the show. The pic is not photoshopped, must have been taken right after the show as he hadn't even changed yet. He only put that wonderful robe on :lol:

Remember the fake promo CD? The press release? Monster CD? That was all pretty far fetched too. There are some massive weirdos when it comes to GNR. 

I doubt it's photoshopped.....but whether it was taken the other night, I don't know. It doesn't even matter I guess.

Learned experience just tells me not to take anything even approaching 'insider' status with anything less than a massive dose of suspicion! 

14 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Remember the fake promo CD? The press release? Monster CD? That was all pretty far fetched too. There are some massive weirdos when it comes to GNR. 

I doubt it's photoshopped.....but whether it was taken the other night, I don't know. It doesn't even matter I guess.

Learned experience just tells me not to take anything even approaching 'insider' status with anything less than a massive dose of suspicion! 

I totally see your point, but an easily "fakeable" cd single can't be compared with that pic. If it wasn't taken last night it would mean that Axl has taken in the past a pic with a fan wearing the same stage clothes from that show (plus lovely robe), some psycho noticed it, went to retrieve the old pic and posted it writing this and that. I'm the first one to always be suspicious (when someone, I think it was Rick, mentioned Perhaps for the very first time in a post when the locker stuff was about to happen, I answered with a very sarcastic comment), but this seems legit enough to my eyes. People were calling fake even that setlist with Absurd before it was played ("why is the date and time printed on the setlist?" etc etc)... I guess that years and years of silence plus numerous trolling attempts have made fans very skeptical, but some real stuff comes up sometimes.

Edited by Twinaleblood
  • Like 1

It’s bizarre people are trying to CSI this as to “he wore that shirt on this day” “was this taken last night”.  I mean, we know they sound checked Hardschool, we’ve seen it on the set list..:so how hard is it to believe a fan met Axl and he said it’s the next song to come out and soon. We already knew this for the most part 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

I wonder if he confirmed whether his vocals were recorded in 1999 or not!

More like 2000. The mixes with 1999 or 1998 vocals will probably not be used. 

I can't believe the young woman in those photos didn't ask them. :P

Edited by Sweersa
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BillConnor_1982 said:

It’s bizarre people are trying to CSI this as to “he wore that shirt on this day” “was this taken last night”.  I mean, we know they sound checked Hardschool, we’ve seen it on the set list..:so how hard is it to believe a fan met Axl and he said it’s the next song to come out and soon. We already knew this for the most part 

Cause the last time he used the word "soon", it was in connection with "well I don't know if 'soon' is the word," and that was 2002. Can't blame people for not believing. :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Cause the last time he used the word "soon", it was in connection with "well I don't know if 'soon' is the word," and that was 2002. Can't blame people for not believing. :)

And the following time, if I remember correctly, was "soon as in a week or so" regarding the Better video :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jamillos said:

He referenced that same phrase in 2016 in regards to new music. And it's not the same as "soon."

• Like 1

20 hours ago, cqleonardo said:

o0GQAFG.png

Is this still a thing that rockstars invite groupies backstage? Especially in this day and age when Corona can shut down a tour. And how does that go? Does he still have Andrei pimping for groupies or does he scope them out himself?

1 minute ago, jamillos said:

It was a joke. Anyway, what did he say in 2016? Was it the China Exchange interview? 

Yes, it was at China Exchange. He said (paraphrasing) when asked about his bucket list, "I want to release another GnR album... but, like I said long ago, I don't know if soon is the word."

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1