Should sofine11 buy ticket's for the Wrigley Field show in Chicago?

Should sofine11 buy ticket's for the Chicago show?  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, sofine11 said:

Thanks man. I’m stoked, this will be my first concert at Wrigley Field. Heard it’s way fun, taking a good buddy along too. 

Wrigley was another reason I wanted to go. Because of GN'R, Pink Floyd related shoes and The Lone Bellow, I've seen a concert at nearly every other Chicago venue from Thalia Hall to Solider Field. Still need to knock out Wrigley some time though. 

• Like 1

I don't mean to disrespect anyone here but I don't understand the mentality of fans saying "no shows until new music" or "same show as a few years ago, I am staying home" I am assuming GNR are most peoples here's favorite band or one of their favorite band, so why wouldn't you go? is seeing the "same show" once every 3 years that much of a burden? I am guessing most people here never thought they would see Axl and Slash on the same stage again 6 years ago and here they are still going strong, and the shows have been pretty much great each show, and these guys are not exactly young and you never know what the future could bring the way rock stars and people in general seem to drop as you get older, especially considering some of the substance abuse these guys took in their early days, so yea I don't understand how anyone if they are in driving distance and have the funds to go wouldn't go if they consider GNR their favorite band or one of their favorite bands.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, k12 said:

I don't mean to disrespect anyone here but I don't understand the mentality of fans saying "no shows until new music" or "same show as a few years ago, I am staying home" I am assuming GNR are most peoples here's favorite band or one of their favorite band, so why wouldn't you go? is seeing the "same show" once every 3 years that much of a burden? I am guessing most people here never thought they would see Axl and Slash on the same stage again 6 years ago and here they are still going strong, and the shows have been pretty much great each show, and these guys are not exactly young and you never know what the future could bring the way rock stars and people in general seem to drop as you get older, especially considering some of the substance abuse these guys took in their early days, so yea I don't understand how anyone if they are in driving distance and have the funds to go wouldn't go if they consider GNR their favorite band or one of their favorite bands.

You hit the nail on the head on several points that are important to me and why I traveled 2x in 6 weeks. I might go to the Hollywood FL show.

Most have said, that I’ve read, because the think it’s a GNR money grab which is silly. Makes me question if these people complaining have been to any recent shows. We will be going to Shinedown on 10/5. Tickets were $550 a piece for front row. Anyway imho it’s just the way these type of people are.

Glad you going. Show last night was fucking great! I hope you have a great time!

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, k12 said:

I basically saw them 3 times within two weeks and a year later again with Axl highly increasing weakness. I spend a lot of money for flights, hotels, tickets and gasoline and I don't regret that I've done it. But there was a point where I said 'it's enough now', especially when you're convinced that with the return of Slash and Duff the band will release music again. I was like 'ok, they're touring rightnow, they can't do both at the same time', but with the lockdown all these excuses were gone. They had nothing to do and a real band works on music in times like this...and they release it eventually.

I really hope they give me reason to change my plans and buy tickets for the next european leg.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, k12 said:

For me, it was more than no new music. The last few times I saw GN'R, there was a feeling like they were just going through the motions. It's hard to describe, but I've been to 1000s of concerts and I feel like I have good judgement for when an artist is doing that. 

A few weeks ago in Detroit, things were WAY different. Yeah, they played a new song and yeah the setlist was tweaked some but it was more than that. Something changed since I saw them last. The vibe was way different / better. They whole band seemed to be having fun and gelling together a lot better. It just made for a better show overall. 

• Like 2

At that price, not too bad. 

It's all about money for me- no way would I (or even could I to be honest) spend the amounts of money they are asking for face value tickets. 

There's a bit of 'why endlessly repeat the same thing' for me too. I want new experiences with my life, and if the band are playing the same again and again, well, my priority on time and money has to go elsewhere. 

Alongside that, they really really looked like they were bored witless and running through the motions pre-pandemic. That's not something I'm remotely interested in from my music. 

People are saying they seem better this run (I don't bother watching the mobile phone footage much) so that's good.....but the tickets are insanely expensive here, so it'll still likely be a pass from me. Which will be the first time the band have ever come to my country and I haven't seen them since the 90s. 

Still my favourite band of course! 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

14 hours ago, sofine11 said:

Brothers and sisters, I come before you seeking guidance.  I promised myself that, after seeing the NILT show twice already, and paying...a lot...for it in 2016, I would not attend another GNR show until an album was, at the very least, announced.  

They have obviously not announced a proper album yet, but with the release of the controversial "Absurd" single and with Hard Skool (heavily rumored to debut in Chicago) also very likely imminent, I'm at a bit of a crossroads.

Pit tickets have been discounted to $89.50 for Wrigley Field.  That's not terrible. 

What say you, should I stay or should I go?

You've seen it twice - it is exactly the same show, plus absurd. Minus pyro and confetti. So no. Don't waste your money. Send them a letter explaining why you won't be going. Stale setlist, no new music. I was considering going to the second night at tottenham hotspur stadium in london, then I saw the atlantic city identical setlists 2 nights in a row... (I've been to 3 NITL shows already too) so now it's new album, with at least 4/5 of those in the setlist and 1/2 classic songs or chi dem songs added that aren't played. I don't need to see the same show for a 4th time. I've seen GnR 11 times since 2006. they've had my money. Don't feed the beast that is GnR! Demand MORE! It's OK to be a huge fan and a good person, but not settle for what they're giving!

• Like 1

Brothers and sisters, I come before you seeking guidance.  I promised myself that, after seeing the NILT show twice already, and paying...a lot...for it in 2016, I would not attend another GNR show until an album was, at the very least, announced.  

They have obviously not announced a proper album yet, but with the release of the controversial "Absurd" single and with Hard Skool (heavily rumored to debut in Chicago) also very likely imminent, I'm at a bit of a crossroads.

Pit tickets have been discounted to $89.50 for Wrigley Field.  That's not terrible. 

Definitely go. I've checked the weather forecast, made a witches brew consisting of my boiled toe nail, a hen's tooth, some chicken 🐔 poop and l get a strong signal that Hard Skool will debut after they play The General, followed by You Give Love a Bad name.......

It's a definitive yes from me. 

🐔

Edited by jimisbatman
  • Wow 1

If you need to ask somebody whether you should go, then seriously, do not go. :facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

23 hours ago, sofine11 said:

After sleeping on it, I’m glad I opted to go. I have a feeling I’d always regret not seeing my favorite band at least one more time before the world ends. :awesomeface:

Don't worry. Even if the world ended the NITL tour would still be going. They'd find a way of playing somewhere! 

• Haha 3