4 days left and no words on UYI anniversary?

32 minutes ago, drlaban said:

It has aged perfectly well IMHO. 

Yes other bands would kill to have such monster albums in their discography. Only in GNR land is something like that ignored. I guess GNR is so huge they don't have to do anything, but it still seems awful to do absolutely nothing. As far as I'm concerned, GNRs legacy is AFD and the UYIs, the rest is for the dedicated.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 4

On 9/14/2021 at 3:25 PM, StrangerInThisTown said:

Yes other bands would kill to have such monster albums in their discography. Only in GNR land is something like that ignored. I guess GNR is so huge they don't have to do anything, but it still seems awful to do absolutely nothing. As far as I'm concerned, GNRs legacy is AFD and the UYIs, the rest is for the dedicated.

Lies, too. Patience is a huge song. 

• Like 1

You guys never learn. I mean, it would be great and all, but did they do anything on July 21, 2017? Nothing, just touring without even a special song or mention. And the box set took them another year. What makes you think it will be different on the UYI anniversary? There’s even no promo of anything. 

• Like 3

On 9/13/2021 at 3:00 PM, DTJ80 said:

There will likely be some social media comments etc but seeing as the AFD anniversary set was a year late…. I think with Covid etc it’s just been delayed TBH.

Metallica had theirs come out out on Friday. Covid wouldn't be a valid excuse. 

11 minutes ago, Chris 55 said:

Metallica had theirs come out out on Friday. Covid wouldn't be a valid excuse. 

Difference is MetallicA own their own Vinyl press so don’t have the production issues that others have.

On 9/14/2021 at 11:28 AM, metallex78 said:

It’ll just be a social media post, something like this:

“Happy UYI Fn anniversary, fam”

With a picture of Melissa

This is how GN’R celebrate the anniversary of UYI… with some ugly as fuck new merch.

I think I prefer my original suggestion above.

18 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Difference is MetallicA own their own Vinyl press so don’t have the production issues that others have.

I don't believe for a second that THAT'S the reason. Metallica owning a vinyl press makes no difference.  

12 hours ago, Chris 55 said:

I don't believe for a second that THAT'S the reason. Metallica owning a vinyl press makes no difference.  

Not at all - just pointing out the MetallicA are one of the very few bands who won’t be affected by the vinyl backlog. And anyway….if there is a delay it’s actually not the band driving this…it’s been confirmed it’s a record company project with the band chipping in when asked. GNR deserve loads of flack for stuff…on this occasion maybe not.