Marc Canter on Eddie Trunk tomorrow (9/15/21)

38 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

Prediction:

- Eddie talks about how he is good friends with Slash and Duff.

- Eddie then says how he knows some stuff and can’t say it and then reiterates just how good friends he is with Slash and Duff.

he was once telling a story about Dave Grohl and stopped to point out that Slash texted him at that point in the story.

• Wow 1

21 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

Prediction:

- Eddie then says how he knows some stuff and can’t say it and then reiterates just how good friends he is with Slash and Duff.

Good friends but he still can't get that interview that he was "promised" 😆  Such "good friends" that they only come on for promotion for new records. He is so full of shit, but I might listen to it just to see what Marc has to say. I will be arriving in Chicago a few hours before the his show starts, so I might listen while I check out the city.

1 hour ago, CAFC Nick said:

Prediction:

It's funny cuz it's true. Eddie's rhetoric annoys me to no end. 

• Like 3

Lol yeah Eddie is “good friends” with all the guys (‘80s stars). Then the promoted interviewees never fail to “be running late” etc and end up with 2 minute call ins….    But hey- at least he’s here to promote our music.  I still think he’s fun to listen to.   

18 minutes ago, Original said:

Lol yeah Eddie is “good friends” with all the guys (‘80s stars). Then the promoted interviewees never fail to “be running late” etc and end up with 2 minute call ins….    But hey- at least he’s here to promote our music.  I still think he’s fun to listen to.   

Remember when Axl made him wait til super late in the morning for his interview on That Metal Show.

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, mystery said:

Remember when Axl made him wait til super late in the morning for his interview on That Metal Show.

Miami.   It was like 4AM.  That Metal Show.  Axl just toyed with him.  Kinda a dickhead move.  Then Axl shows up with DJ.  TMS guys just ignored him LOL.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Original said:

Miami.   It was like 4AM.  That Metal Show.  Axl just toyed with him.  Kinda a dickhead move.  Then Axl shows up with DJ.  TMS guys just ignored him LOL.  

5:45 am after the show ended at 3 am. Eddie Trunk and crew interviewed pretty much everyone else as a backup in case Axl called it off. I consider myself a night owl but even I check out by then.

• Like 2

Remember TMS interviewed a few of the members individually, which included Stinson, Ashba, Dizzy and Tom Mayhue as far as I recall. I could be wrong. If anyone has them archived, give me a shout, as I never did see them. Ashba was there purely as a sort of safety blanket for Axl, he wanted him on with him. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

DJ didn’t say a word :lol:

I think Trunk mentioned later that DJ did a little more talking that got cut out of the final edit. This was right off the heels of the 2011 Rock in Rio show, so the management was probably doing damage control. All I remember DJ saying was that Rock in Rio had been "fun". 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

So what was said in this interview apart from Eddie being friends with Slash and Duff?

Canter talked about the way early years/formation of Guns.  Zero talk of current Guns (that I remember).  Old stories...the fact that he has all this footage form way back.  Basically promoting his new bio on Guns.  Nothing newsworthy (as predicted).  Wa skinda cool to get 1/2 hour of GnR talk though.  

On 9/15/2021 at 10:16 AM, WVsax27 said:

"we've got something MASSIVE this show ::it's just Ace calling in again::"

LOL.  Yeah Ace is on today with Eddie (again!!).  JFC enough with Ace.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/15/2021 at 10:28 PM, Stay.Of.Execution said:

That 2006 interview with Baz was the best thing ever though

Two stories I think about constantly from this interview:

- Axl and Baz headbanging to W.A.S.P.'s "I Wanna Be Somebody" in Baz's car

- Axl and Baz meeting David Lee Roth backstage at a VH show and him telling them "You know you guys are pretty good... but you're nothing but pretenders to the throne." And Baz replying "DUUUUUDDDDDEEE!" :lol:

Just now, Amir said:

Two stories I think about constantly from this interview:

- Axl and Baz headbanging to W.A.S.P.'s "I Wanna Be Somebody" in Baz's car

- Axl and Baz meeting David Lee Roth backstage at a VH show and him telling them "You know you guys are pretty good... but you're nothing but pretenders to the throne." And Baz replying "DUUUUUDDDDDEEE!" :lol:

Duuuude, why are you being such a dick

Baz is pretty funny. Must be fun to hang around with him and get wasted. 

• Like 1