NZ tour in doubt.

8 minutes ago, Screamin' Demon said:

Anybody know about the Sydney show? I really hope that this one doesn't get cancelled.

There's been more problems with delta in Aussie than NZ. If they don't come to NZ, there's no way they're going to Australia. I'm booked to see them in Wellington NZ.

• Sad 1

I suspect it would be a situation where if they can't go to Aus (which seems likely), they'd also postpone the NZ shows. Would make economic sense, although it'd be a drag. Hopefully they'll get their jandals on soon enough.

I Wanna Be Your Dog (From Footrot Flats)

Edited by merryfnchristmas
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

Sadly I just do not see how these shows will happen this year :(

I'm sure they will be rescheduled and not cancelled tho, if it helps...

Please if any shows don't happen this year let them be rescheduled not cancelled. God knows with covid and everything else people need things like this to look forward to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, merryfnchristmas said:

I suspect it would be a situation where if they can't go to Aus (which seems likely), they'd also postpone the NZ shows. Would make economic sense, although it'd be a drag. Hopefully they'll get their jandals on soon enough.

I Wanna Be Your Dog (From Footrot Flats)

Lol. I've got the soundtrack/solo album by Dave Dobbyn. I remember being delighted when Guns played Auckland in 07 that Dizzy's piano solo was Don't Dream It's Over by NZ band Crowded House. Goes to show that you can get pleasant surprises at shows.

4 minutes ago, Gunner Gilby said:

Lol. I've got the soundtrack/solo album by Dave Dobbyn. I remember being delighted when Guns played Auckland in 07 that Dizzy's piano solo was Don't Dream It's Over by NZ band Crowded House. Goes to show that you can get pleasant surprises at shows.

That's pretty cool. I grew up across the pond, but I loved A Dogs Tale as a kid and still have my Slice of Heaven 7 inch single!

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

4 hours ago, Screamin' Demon said:

Anybody know about the Sydney show? I really hope that this one doesn't get cancelled.

Looks like it will be cancelled, which sux

3 hours ago, Gunner Gilby said:

There's been more problems with delta in Aussie than NZ. If they don't come to NZ, there's no way they're going to Australia. I'm booked to see them in Wellington NZ.

Do you have pit tickets? 

3 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Sadly I just do not see how these shows will happen this year :(

I'm sure they will be rescheduled and not cancelled tho, if it helps...

Someone posted on this forum, whereby Susan posted on FB, to a fan, and said the shows were going to be rescheduled. Can't remember which thread it was posted in though 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

Looks like it will be cancelled, which sux

Do you have pit tickets? 

Nah, just a seat in the stadium. I've got arthritis in my feet and my mosh pitting days are behind me lol. If I'm gonna see a headline act play a three hour show I'd rather sit with a couple of beers and enjoy it. But that's just me. 

1 minute ago, Gunner Gilby said:

Nah, just a seat in the stadium. I've got arthritis in my feet and my mosh pitting days are behind me lol. If I'm gonna see a headline act play a three hour show I'd rather sit with a couple of beers and enjoy it. But that's just me. 

Yeap, my body said that, but my heart lead me to the front. If..... On slim chance it goes ahead we'll organise a meet up before hand for any forum members wanting to catch up 

12 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

Yeap, my body said that, but my heart lead me to the front. If..... On slim chance it goes ahead we'll organise a meet up before hand for any forum members wanting to catch up 

Sure thing. Be nice to have a beer with some Guns fans/NZ MYGNR members. Whether the initial shows go ahead or are rescheduled. 

Which part of the country are you in?

There was only 18 new covid cases reported in the last 24hrs and it's continuing to drop. I feel like we'll have things back under full control within October at this rate but I suppose that could be cutting it close given they have the logistics of coming down here and the fact Aussie's fucked, so yeah probably inevitable they reschedule.

Hopefully they add at least 1 Auckland show ffs. I'm not heading down to bloody Dunedin just for Absurd and The Seeker lol.

2 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

In the mighty waikato, yourself? 

From Auckland but live in Nelson now. Seen Guns in Auckland 93, Auckland 07 night one and Wellington 2017. This November or whenever it's rescheduled will be my fourth time seeing Guns. Also saw Rockstar Supernova with Gilby in 07 in Christchurch.

14 hours ago, Gunner Gilby said:

From Auckland but live in Nelson now. Seen Guns in Auckland 93, Auckland 07 night one and Wellington 2017. This November or whenever it's rescheduled will be my fourth time seeing Guns. Also saw Rockstar Supernova with Gilby in 07 in Christchurch.

That's cool, South Island. Saw Gnr in oz 2007 I think, Vegas 2016 second night, and Auckland 2017. Snake pit 1999 I think, VR first tour in Oz, and Slash again sometime in Hamilton. 

13 hours ago, vloors said:

Will be postponed to 2022. They dont want big concerts here until they have their vax target of 80 percent in which its predicted for mid november 

What's annoying is they are holding off cancelling it, for some reason when it's obviously not going ahead. Would be nice to cancel car hire / hotels early. 

1 hour ago, jimisbatman said:

What's annoying is they are holding off cancelling it, for some reason when it's obviously not going ahead. Would be nice to cancel car hire / hotels early. 

Maybe it's not a done deal that they're cancelling yet. Maybe they're trying to find a way to make it work safely. But I agree that if the shows are going to be cancelled it'd be better to let people know sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gunner Gilby said:

Maybe it's not a done deal that they're cancelling yet. Maybe they're trying to find a way to make it work safely. But I agree that if the shows are going to be cancelled it'd be better to let people know sooner rather than later.

Mexico was just cancelled, maybe its just a matter of time, and AUS/NZ, will follow.