NZ tour in doubt.

7 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

What's annoying is they are holding off cancelling it, for some reason when it's obviously not going ahead. Would be nice to cancel car hire / hotels early. 

I read this article awhile back

Guns N’ Roses have kicked off their North American tour in Hershey, Pennsylvania, USA. The tour goes through to 12 October with the final show in Monterrey, Mexico and then the tour was meant to come to Australia and New Zealand, but that is now unlikely.

With New South Wales desperately trying to extinguish the current #Gladyscluster, compounded with an extension to Australia’s two-week mandatory quarantine, the chances of Guns N’ Roses being able to tour Australia in November is next to zero.

The #Gladyscluster is likely to go into November, at least with a high level of restrictions, rendering New South Wales show high risk on current projections. Without Sydney and without 100% capacity nationally, the tour would not make financial sense.

The Australian and New Zealand Guns N’ Roses tour was due to start on the Gold Coast on 6 November. Given the three-week gap between the last show in Mexico and the first show in Australia the start date for the tour is logistically impossible given the amount of people in the G N’ R entourage who would be required to quarantine.

International shows are unlikely for Australia until 2022.

https://www.noise11.com/news/guns-n-roses-resume-us-tour-but-australian-dates-in-doubt-due-to-gladyscluster-20210804

KISS btw has already cancelled and moved their tour to 2022. They were touring here November

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Gunner Gilby said:

Maybe it's not a done deal that they're cancelling yet. Maybe they're trying to find a way to make it work safely. But I agree that if the shows are going to be cancelled it'd be better to let people know sooner rather than later.

Its up to the promoter to announce it

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9396505/amp/The-musical-stars-joining-Ed-Sheeran-stage-Michael-Gudinskis-state-memorial-service.html?ico=amp_articleRelated_with_images

McManus explained the Kiss tour will likely be moved back to March 2022.

Guns N' Roses are also potentially looking at a 2022 tour, but promoter Paul Dainty said no firm decision had been made at this stage.    

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

Yeah that's the NZ tour fucked.

Some stupid cunt judge let some lowlife out of prison(level 4 max lockdown) on bail into the general public(level 2 max lockdown) for multiple days, he's got covid. Now we're all fucking going back into level 4.

Judge needs to be punished.

I'm so pissed off.

The lowlifes let their kids go to school(have covid) even though they were symptomatic. Fucking idiots.

Dude, Auckland never left level 4. Most of the rest of the country is level 2. The government was hoping to drop Auckland to level 3 and the rest of the country to 1 midnight Tuesday but that's doubtful now.

29 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Update: Auckland is still going down to Level 3 while the rest of the country remains at Level 2, because we seem to have more or less contained it. However, I doubt we'll have full control in time for GNR so yeah most likely canceled.

Yep. But again one way or the other we need a denial or confirmation from the promoters and band. 

11 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I don’t have the link at hand but I saw on discord that some Brazilian journalist who is usually spot-on with GnR news is saying that the AU/NZ are definitely canceled and that an official cancellation is coming any day now.

Journalists and one stadium owner speculating don't confirm anything. We need a denial or confirmation from the band and the promoter. Whatever's gonna be is gonna be. But let us know.

As frustrating as it must be for you Antipodean fans, you must understand that GN'R have to wait for the promoters to cancel/reschedule to ensure they are covered by insurance. Once they get the go-ahead for this I'm sure it will be communicated (with vague wording :lol:)

On 9/20/2021 at 8:19 PM, Oldest Goat said:

Update: Auckland is still going down to Level 3 while the rest of the country remains at Level 2, because we seem to have more or less contained it. However, I doubt we'll have full control in time for GNR so yeah most likely canceled.

Even if NZ is in level 1 soon, won't the band need to quarenteen for 14 days upon entry into country? 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, kingcanyon said:

should this thread be locked now?

Why? Maybe merge the separate thread someone just created about the dates being rescheduled into this one.

But no. Whether fans are gutted their shows have been postponed, happy they've been rescheduled, a bit of both or any other feeling. In these depressing covid times I think it's more important than ever to talk/discuss shit. Even something as miniscule as a rock show. Hey if others feel different then cool, lock it. Just my two cents.

3 minutes ago, Gunner Gilby said:

Why? Maybe merge the separate thread someone just created about the dates being rescheduled into this one.

But no. Whether fans are gutted their shows have been postponed, happy they've been rescheduled, a bit of both or any other feeling. In these depressing covid times I think it's more important than ever to talk/discuss shit. Even something as miniscule as a rock show. Hey if others feel different then cool, lock it. Just my two cents.

Good point it depends what's easier