Use Your Illusion I vs Use Your Illusion II

Which album do you personally prefer?  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Even tho they were released as two separate albums it's one body of work. I voted Illusion 1. Right Next Door To Hell is a killer opening track. Then the brilliant Dust N Bones. Coma at the end is an epic rocker. In between you've got the fast and furious Perfect Crime and Garden Of Eden. The killer trio of Bad Obsession, Back Off Bitch and Double Talkin Jive. You Ain't The First is brilliantly bluesy and sarcastic. You've got hits like Don't Cry, Live And Let Die and November Rain.

The lyrics to Don't Damn Me perfectly sum Axl up too.

On 9/18/2021 at 4:16 AM, Bitchisback said:

I used to lean towards 1, but now I think I lean towards 2.

I think 1 is overall more consistent where 2 has more filler but 2 might also have the best of the best song wise.  It's so hard to pick, so I refuse to :P

I think 2 is more consistent and 1 has more filler hehe. Nowadays  I prefer 1, but that changes from time to time....

2 has one of the most underrated songs GNR has ever written: Locomotive. I never get tired of that funky riff

On 9/17/2021 at 11:30 AM, Tom-Ass said:

To me it has never been close.. I think UYI II blows away UYI I... I feel like that is the unpopular opinion though...

The EPIC trilogy of Estranged, Locomotive and Breakdown alone seal the deal for me..  Civil War is amazing..  I feel like some of the rockers on UYI I like RNDTH, PC and GOE are all a bit over rated and come off a bit thin... Don't get me wrong, I do like them but they could have been some much better if they were mixed more like You Could Be Mine was.. I also really like the two songs people always trash which are Shotgun Blues and Get In The Ring... I always thought Get in the Ring was great!!

Appetite
LIES
UYI II
UYI I
TSI

While I agree that UYI 2 is the better album, My World is a pretty big wart lol. It's the only song that the original band ever released that I would routinely skip.

Edited by Nintari

I prefer Use Your Illusion II..., I think 14 Years is better than it's UYI equivalent Dust N' Bones, I think Locomotive is a better epic than Coma, etc, etc. Use Your Illusion II has more "variety", I guess, because if you listen to Right Next Door To Hell / Perfect Crime / Double Talkin' Jive / Back Off Bitch, and so on, they all have the same feel. 2 has a bigger musical output, with songs ranging from ballads like Estranged, to a high-on-shrooms madness My World..., both albums are great though

Edited by opalho

2 minutes ago, Nintari said:

While I agree that UYI 2 is the better album, My World is a pretty big wart lol. It's the only song that the original band ever released that I would routinely skip.

I'm gonna be honest with you. As sinning as it sounds, My World is kind of a guilty pleasure. It's so weird, and so strange, that I (sort of) enjoy listenting to it. But probably shouldn't have put it on the UYI albums..., that's when you can have something to put on this money-making merch scheme that they're doing

• Like 1