AXL releases statement about being ill in Chicago during show

46 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

Very strange he put out a statement for this given he never puts out a statement for anything 

He barely talks to the crowd during a show

damage control?  i wouldn't  be surprised with the horrible management behind the band

1 minute ago, felixGNR said:

damage control?  i wouldn't  be surprised with the horrible management behind the band

Nah, I was at the show last night and outside of this forum, the reactions to the show were pretty positive. I don't think there's any damage to control.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gibson87 said:

Nah, I was at the show last night and outside of this forum, the reactions to the show were pretty positive. I don't think there's any damage to control.

nothing to do with the show, more about the UYI 30TH.  and lack of HS.

11 minutes ago, felixGNR said:

nothing to do with the show, more about the UYI 30TH.  and lack of HS.

Ah ok, I understand. Still though, not many people outside of this forum care or even know about HS. They completely botched the 30th anniversary though. It could have been a huge thing and all we got was some shitty merch :lol:

• Haha 1

Picking up on something was off but never would have guessed Axl was sick.  No need to feel bad, he pulled it off.  Think the band was a little freaked.  

Maybe apologizing because Hard School wasn't played and he had let it slip.  I would appreciate that even though that's not what he said.  So Milwaukee, I'm on stand by, might happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Posted this in the show thread...

Props to Axl this whole reunion.. Guarantee this wasn't the first show he was sick or felt like shit and he still went out there and performed every damn show.. On time 99.9% of the the time.. I don't think musicians get enough credit for that.. I know there are nights where I sleep like shit or feel like shit and don't want to do anything... Never mind perform for 3 hours in front of 25,000 people..

Axl went from being a washed up joke in the eyes of the rock world playing las vegas residences with DJ Ashba to competey redeeming himself to the rock world and being an absolute professional.  He's come a long way and it's awesome to see the band doing these successful tours again.

I was too young when GnR was in their prime but during some of the CD years it was embarrassing to tell people they were my favorite band.  Everyone was quick to make fun of Axl.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

Axl went from being a washed up joke in the eyes of the rock world playing las vegas residences with DJ Ashba to competey redeeming himself to the rock world and being an absolute professional.  He's come a long way and it's awesome to see the band doing these successful tours again.

I was too young when GnR was in their prime but during some of the CD years it was embarrassing to tell people they were my favorite band.  Everyone was quick to make fun of Axl.

I remember that. Although I thought Axl was way more badass in the CD years vs the NILT years 

Glad we still have him - just pissed by all the wasted potential

He struggled a lot more to sing Better, which is already hard for him in regular conditions, but also messing up the tempo more than what is expected. I also remember him singing Civil War and he did the "my hands are tied" line in his regular voice , which is like two octaves lower than what he used to sing. Even Whichita Lineman he couldn't hold the note like he's been doing.

I didn't watch the whole show, had to stop during KOHD because life is too short.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Who knows if HS would have been played, but it explains why there was something "uneasy" about the show, as forum members who were watching the streams noticed. It wasn't just that Axl wasn't feeling well, there was concern that he might have gotten Covid.

I'm on my laptop. I take a screenshot, upload it to a site similar to imgur and post the link here.

Yeah @cineater noticed it.

• Like 1

Axl seems to have made the post because he felt he wasn't his best and wanted to express why. I think that's good of him and I don't really see the point in shitting on him about it. Maybe he feels he's been performing well and the night disappointed him. A little bit of venting and explaining it can help clear your head.

• Like 1

Wow.  Axl has just been a class act every day with every challenge the band has come across during the NITL era.

I'm completely impressed and proud of him.  We can complain all day about vocals and lack of new music and I think the latter is worth discussing but I'm just proud of how he has been out there working with Duff and Slash

• Like 1