Anyone know of some modern Slash iso tracks? Trying to make IR's.

TeeJay410

On 9/19/2021 at 4:03 PM, ZoSoRose said:

That’d be great! I’d love some slash cabs. All my IRs are more greenbacks, I need some good V30s

You ever mess with GGD's Zilla cabs? IT's based off of Zilla cabinets, obviously, but they include v30's and differet mics that if you use the 4x12 they have in there, with the v 30's, and then just copy the mics from the Eric Valentine video on recording Slash, you can get pretty darn close. Pair it with the Mercuriall Spark amp sim and you're about there. I swear the Mercuriall is the absolute best emulation of the Slash signature amp, even better than the officially licensed one from amplitube.

Just now, TeeJay410 said:

You ever mess with GGD's Zilla cabs? IT's based off of Zilla cabinets, obviously, but they include v30's and differet mics that if you use the 4x12 they have in there, with the v 30's, and then just copy the mics from the Eric Valentine video on recording Slash, you can get pretty darn close. Pair it with the Mercuriall Spark amp sim and you're about there. I swear the Mercuriall is the absolute best emulation of the Slash signature amp, even better than the officially licensed one from amplitube.

I’ll have to try them. I use a Helix and have some Ownhammers and other random IRs

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

I’ll have to try them. I use a Helix and have some Ownhammers and other random IRs

The only tough thing about the Mercurial is that it is BRUTAL on CPU. I try to get the tone quick and print with it when tracking/mixing so I'm not having multiple instances of it in a session. But the GGD zilla cabs are great, too, covers all sorts of ground.

6 minutes ago, TeeJay410 said:

The only tough thing about the Mercurial is that it is BRUTAL on CPU. I try to get the tone quick and print with it when tracking/mixing so I'm not having multiple instances of it in a session. But the GGD zilla cabs are great, too, covers all sorts of ground.

I need a new computer lol