Team Brazil being fucking idiots

Just now, allwaystired said:

I've thought about this before - I genuinely can't think of another band even close on that front. 

The years and years of wasted talent, potential and opportunities are absolutely remarkable. Almost impressive!

Haha. Yep they're possibly the best at being the worst!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

Alright then, I didn't know you already offered. I only met them once and even though that didn't make me a fan of their management, I have to say in person they were quite different from how their aggression when it comes to all things internet makes them come across. But then again it was an informal environment and not public, so I don't know how they are when  doing actual "business" with them.

As for a possible language barrier someone else here pointed out - their english is just fine. For some reason, they just seem to hate all things internet.

I've also heard almost all positive responses from fans that have met them. Including pre-banned Rick Dunsford. So it could just be a miscommunication or misperception, which is very possible and what I feel in my heart it is. Or maybe I'm naïve.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Padme said:

But in this case Dizzy, Richard and others were told not to do interviews. So? They did interviews before. And all we got was bullshit answers like "we're recording" Hope/soon and more bullshit regarding a new album. I don't need that. I couldn't care less about those Mr. Irrelevant telling me nothing. I feel bad for Gambit. And yet, thanks but not thank you when it comes to do interviews with those people. Do you really want to hear more " We're sharing files" type of answers? Do you really believe that they would tell us something important? Of course it wrong that they were told not to do interviews. But I'm afraid we're not missing anything important.

As for Axl, Slash or Duff, I'm very disappointed that reunion is the way it is. Including the lack of news and interviews. Even if those interviews are carefully taylored. I'd rather have that from Axl than nothing at all. And I don't really think Axl cares if he being manipulated by TB. Nor I think he cares about what TB are doing or not doing. Of course this situation sucks. And Axl and Slash look the other way when TB is acting like Nazy Germany. The irrelevants were told not to do interviews with Gambit. But I couldn't care less about Dizzy or Richard.

Well interviewing them can lead to interviews with more important people, like Susan leading to Duff, etc. But yes, I don't care to hear the same stuff either.

Honestly AFD is probably the safest interview any of them could do.

8 hours ago, jamillos said:

This outrageous bullshit aside, another question is how far is Dizzy, Fortus etc. willing to let this go. Is it really all about just making a safe buck for these "additional musicians"? What about some pride etc. (granted this is true)? For how long are they gonna just roll with it? 

7 hours ago, Rovim said:

Dizzy will probably never jeopardize his position in the band. You can tell by the things he says in many of his interviews how grateful he is to be in Gn'R and honestly I can understand it. Axl gave him a career. Dizzy is not going to change now.

Richard, as you know, was a session musician and seems like he understands and accepts "the rules" and won't risk it either. I think they'll "roll with it" as long as they can. It's a lucrative gig.

Pitman had some pride and cocktails. Look at him now. If you take pride in making your own decisions and you like to dictate your own conditions as a musician (like Bumblefoot) maybe Gn'R is not the band for you. It's like any company in a way. It has its own policy. Even Slash and Duff seem to understand it and try not to say or do something that would sour their relationship with Axl. Silly, but it is what it is.

this shit though, I have to say, got to me. So much good work and intentions but it doesn't mean anything if you don't conform.

Yeah Dizzy and Fortus will do whatever they're told. They both know that without GnR they would be playing small clubs with Hookers & Blow and the Dead Daisies and would eventually fade into obscurity (which imo is where they belong). 

So doesn this mean they're banned from talking to other guys like Mitch Lafon, Eddie Trunk, etc too? Next they'll tell Richard he can't appear on Todd's channel again (although Todd might be safe because he's close to Slash).

4 minutes ago, Gambit83 said:

I've also heard almost all positive responses from fans that have met them. Including pre-banned Rick Dunsford. So it could just be a miscommunication or misperception, which is very possible and what I feel in my heart it is. Or maybe I'm naïve.

Well Fernando's comments online definitely don't paint him in a good light.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gambit83 said:

So it could just be a miscommunication or misperception, which is very possible and what I feel in my heart it is.

It might be just that. Don't know if they feel like doing interviews much at all, but I'd just give it another try. You're doing a great job with those interviews and I believe even they will come to eventually get it one day.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

Not to assume where you are from, but could your perception of his personality be a cultural or language barrier thing? The classic case of someone thinking a foreigner is weird, when they are different due to cultural or difference of language reasons. 

He has a bit of an accent and some very minor broken English but there's no language barrier. He is incredibly condescending to anyone asking legitimate questions, he mocked someone on the Discord chat for asking about a CD boxset as if it was a ridiculous question. Not to mention in the chat he pretended to know nothing about the takedowns, despite it being explained to him several times, and despite the fact that his mother told someone in a public message that the takedowns of "illegal videos" would continue.

• Like 1

the way GNR push their fans away is pathetic.  I remember that they didn't even have a functioning band website for YEARS after the internet became a thing. 

@Gambit83 Brando I got a great idea we can use as a case study on how bands SHOULD treat their fans.  start a podcast called "ride the Breitling" that's a podcast dedicated to Metallica and fancy watches (lol I couldn't think of anything that rhymes with lighting)  I'd bet you could get James and Lars on there eventually and they'd probably send you a ton of merchandise and invite you to shows etc.  in otherworlds I bet they would actually appreciate what you do which is what GNR should do with you.  

you are doing a great job.  don't stop.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/13/2021 at 5:25 PM, Blackstar said:

This is very sad, really - although not surprising.

But as I always try to rationalize and make sense of things (even when they seem to not make sense, as is usually the case with TB), I suspect that it has mainly to do with Doug Goldstein and probably what they perceive as the podcast being closely associated with him. TB seems to hate Doug, and probably Axl wants nothing to do with him either - and Slash and Duff have hated him for years, anyway.

I assumed as much too. Plus, Doug recollection. Of events is way off to the point the interviewer has to correct him multiples times. I wouldn’t want that guy speaking on anything about the band either.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Yeah Dizzy and Fortus will do whatever they're told. They both know that without GnR they would be playing small clubs with Hookers & Blow and the Dead Daisies and would eventually fade into obscurity (which imo is where they belong). 

So doesn this mean they're banned from talking to other guys like Mitch Lafon, Eddie Trunk, etc too? Next they'll tell Richard he can't appear on Todd's channel again (although Todd might be safe because he's close to Slash).

Well Fernando's comments online definitely don't paint him in a good light.

Of course, but what would happen if Dizzy etc. acted as they will? TB would confront them, then sooner or later they’d have a talk with Axl. Axl wouldn’t be such a dick to fire them, but if he was, they’d go public with it, having interviews about what ridiculous, rigid environment ruled by TB the band became (or would they be all "I'm so grateful for the opportunity, Axl is such a great guy"? maybe...), and eventually even Slash and Duff would be asked about it, because a member being gone is not something people just forget instantly. And I don’t think that’s what Axl would want. Of course, I don’t really expect Dizzy or anyone to do that; I’m just saying the options are always there, and to me, “spineless” is never one. 

8 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

The problem is that they don't have a professional channel of communication. They don't send out press statements, they don't make themselves available to the media for comments on rumours and events, they don't do interviews and all these other thing we would expect from profesional managers. And with the band not having public spokespersons, this makes this omission glaringly obvious. 

So when Fernando is just acting like a regular guy on social media, shooting the shit and joking, and also not having the sense to clearly demarcate he is not there in a professional capacity but mixes up GN'R stuff in his posts, he comes across as very unprofessional and bad at communication. He should clearly signal what hat he is wearing - is he there as the manager or just as another guy? But since they don't have these other channels of communication more professionally, we consider all he posts as official communication, more or less. His jokes then become unprofessional. When he shows emotions, that becomes unprofessional. When he doesn't properly inform us of what is happening, that is unprofessional. When he banters with fans, that is unprofessional. 

He simply doesn't seem to grasp the expectations of someone in his position and without having set up clear management modes of professional communications, he can't really get away with trying to just shoot the shit and be like one of us. Because he isn't. And that's really my main issue with TB. 

Well it’s not our fault that they don’t have other, “professional” channels of communication. And in any case, it’s not about not acting professional all the time (who’d want that anyway), it’s the fact that he acts like an arrogant, wronged prick. 
No excuses there. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 2

Everything about this "band" is fucking pathetic. 

I honestly could not care less about their future. 

If an album comes out, cool. I doubt it, though.

This new podcast business is really sad. Makes TB & Axl look like bigger fools than they already did.

Fuck it.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, adamsapple said:

Alright then, I didn't know you already offered. I only met them once and even though that didn't make me a fan of their management, I have to say in person they were quite different from how their aggression when it comes to all things internet makes them come across. But then again it was an informal environment and not public, so I don't know how they are when  doing actual "business" with them.

As for a possible language barrier someone else here pointed out - their english is just fine. For some reason, they just seem to hate all things internet.

Hating all things internet is an interesting business model in 2021. 

Genius management.

• Haha 2

On 7/13/2021 at 11:35 PM, RussTCB said:

Interesting. I wonder how the TB defenders will reply to this. It's been proven over and over that TB actively works against people trying to promote GN'R. Yet, there are always defenders saying "well, we don't know for sure". 

We knew for sure last time and we know for sure now. Why on Earth would you want to stop someone from actively promoting your brand for free? I have no idea, but TB excels at it. 

i can't believe there are actually people out there that still didn't grasp that GNR band stopped existing in 1993.

THAT was band.

Everything else - silly little tribute band.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Frankfurt93 said:

i can't believe there are actually people out there that still didn't grasp that GNR band stopped existing in 1993.

THAT was band.

Everything else - silly little tribute band.

I was one of those that didn't grasp it.....for me GNR as a band finished in 1990 !

33 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

That's definitely not cool. I'd love for proper CD-rerelease 

I actually asked him on Reddit about this - pretty sure he said it wasn’t in the plans but could be looked at in the future. Or words to that effect!

• Like 1