Team Brazil being fucking idiots

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

It's strange though, because even if it's been going on since the beginning, you could still get band members on the podcast until the Frank interview. As much as the way TB operates is what it is (and doesn't make sense), there must have been something more for it to get to the point where Dizzy, Frank, etc. are not allowed to come to the podcast. Was Fernando's text exclusively about your podcast or there were other media in the list (if you have this information)?

As for Doug Godlstein's book, there would be no reason for you to pass on the opportunity to work on a GN'R book, as there's no guarantee that the band would support you if you did. But, if you allow me an opinion: I guess Doug can put stories from Axl's personal life, Stephanie Seymour, etc. in there if he wants to, but using these stories (like the Stephanie/Bon Jovi one) as teasers for the book on social media is not a good idea and it certainly doesn't help - just my opinion.

What is the Stephanie/Bon Jovi story? Never i hear it.

26 minutes ago, Ratam said:

What is the Stephanie/Bon Jovi story? Never i hear it.

Bon Jovi’s daughter is named Stephanie Rose, which would have been Stephanie’s name if she married Axl. It’s silly, and tbh a little out of context. I’ll just let Doug’s book eventually speak for itself.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gambit83 said:

Bon Jovi’s daughter is named Stephanie Rose, which would have been Stephanie’s name if she married Axl. It’s silly, and tbh a little out of context. I’ll just let Doug’s book eventually speak for itself.

Wait, please tell me that Axl didn’t hear about this and have some kind of mystical reaction to his aura being harmed?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gambit83 said:

It's too far fetch. Celebrities who are known with a given name don't change it that easy. Even today Stephanie is known as Stephanie Seymour. She didn't change her last name to Brant. I don't think she would've changed her last name if she would've married Axl

On 7/18/2021 at 1:14 AM, Free Bird said:

Melissa is a hired member. Fernando has no right to reach out to Susan. If anything he would have asked Duff.

How awkward. "Hey Duff. Control your woman." :lol:;)

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Haha 3

I’ve never had a problem with TB, but some of this sounds like a strange power trip. But, Axl has always been interested In what these forums say and do, so he probably trips on the podcast too. It’s all whatever. Axl is turning 60 and seriously can’t have much of a career left at this point. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Gambit83 said:

Can't maintain a relationship that doesn't exist or one-sided. I also sent an email to Fernando months later after I found out about his text, asking permission to interview Frank again. I'll respect his chain of command. Only approved topics, that he could listen to the recording first. Radio silence. Frank wanted to come on again with Brain btw.

I mentioned earlier this has been going on since the beginning, before I ever interviewed or spoke to Doug. 5 years...can't believe I've been doing it for that long. And for an opportunity to write a GNR book, a band I grew up loving, who would have ever guessed? Not me. I'm enjoying the ride. Trying to.

Bummer. An interview with Frank and Brain would have been one of the most informative interviews you had ever done! In regards to the Frank interview ( a great one) being "the straw the broke the camel's back", I wonder if it involves folks in the forums/online reading (probably too much) into Frank's "non-answer" and body language to an admission that he recorded the drum tracks on "Shadow of Your Love". That would be the only thing I could reasonably think of that could be viewed as controversial. I have heard your Dizzy Reed, Richard Fortus, and Tommy Stinson interviews, and you go frustratingly out of your to avoid Guns N' Roses unless they bring up the topic (not ragging on you; you had to "play ball"). 

If Shadow of Your Love was the issue with Frank, then his Mitch Lafon interview should have been the one that did the most "damage," because there he said the "that's a question for management" line, whereas he didn't really say anything in the interview with Brando, as the question was not so direct and Frank could skip it more easily.

Maybe it was the Hardschool question? Even though Frank didn't say anything there either - he said something like "I'll leave this rumour for the band and management to make an announcement" - maybe they had a problem even with the question merely being asked.

I can't help but notice that Frank in particular is walking on eggshells in interviews when it comes to GN'R questions other than his approach on drumming etc.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

If Shadow of Your Love was the issue with Frank, then his Mitch Lafon interview should have been the one that did the most "damage," because there he said the "that's a question for management" line, whereas he didn't really say anything in the interview with Brando, as the question was not so direct and Frank could skip it more easily.

Maybe it was the Hardschool question? Even though Frank didn't say anything there either - he said something like "I'll leave this rumour for the band and management to make an announcement" - maybe they had a problem even with the question merely being asked.

I can't help but notice that Frank in particular is walking on eggshells in interviews when it comes to GN'R questions other than his approach on drumming etc.

Maybe Hard School was it, but I cleared it with Frank beforehand. I always ask what topics should I avoid and sometimes offer them to listen to the interview before I post. He’s a good guy. I felt bad afterwards.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Definitely more than Fortus and others. Maybe because he knows that if given an excuse to get rid of him Slash and Duff would do it (with Axl's approval)?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Definitely more than Fortus and others. Maybe because he knows that if given an excuse to get rid of him Slash and Duff would do it (with Axl's approval)?

It's possible. He's probably aware of Matt's leaked book and maybe even of the fans' comments. 

I'm not sure if it was in Brando's podcast or in another interview where he was asked if he had concerns about losing his spot with the reunion, and he said that he knew Axl would stick up for him, or something like that.

In this more recent one (after the 15:45 minute mark) he said that he's been getting along with everybody but he's very close to Axl, and Axl has treated him great from day one:

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

What's it like playing with [drummer] Frank Ferrer? He doesn't sound like Steven Adler or Matt Sorum. He has his own thing. What's the vibe there musically?

"Well, no, he doesn't play like either of those guys, but he's been doing it for longer than I was ever in the band. [Laughs] So he's got his thing on lock, yeah."

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/slash_what_i_think_about_richard_fortus__frank_ferrer.html

2 minutes ago, Sosso said:

What's it like playing with [drummer] Frank Ferrer? He doesn't sound like Steven Adler or Matt Sorum. He has his own thing. What's the vibe there musically?

"Well, no, he doesn't play like either of those guys, but he's been doing it for longer than I was ever in the band. [Laughs] So he's got his thing on lock, yeah."

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/slash_what_i_think_about_richard_fortus__frank_ferrer.html

Not to be a nerd, but slash is slightly off with his timing here (though I understand he was just being tongue-in-cheek).

This interview is from 2018. Slash was in GnR from 1985-1996 and then again from 2016-2018, by this time. So that’s 13 years. Meanwhile, Frank has been in GnR since 2006, so that’s only 12 years, by this time.

But in the words of Peter Griffin: “Oh my god, who the hell cares?!”

7 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Not to be a nerd, but slash is slightly off with his timing here (though I understand he was just being tongue-in-cheek).

This interview is from 2018. Slash was in GnR from 1985-1996 and then again from 2016-2018, by this time. So that’s 13 years. Meanwhile, Frank has been in GnR since 2006, so that’s only 12 years, by this time.

But in the words of Peter Griffin: “Oh my god, who the hell cares?!”

Yeah, I'm sure Slash didn't sit and count the years - he probably didn't even really know exactly how many years Frank has been in the band.

Slash has a way - that's been often called "passive-aggressive" - of saying things without saying them explicitly. This quote is a good example of that. :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

It should never be Managements position to dictate what band members can publicly say or not. The band belongs to their members, not some suits (or in this case Brazilian leeches). They should be able to say whatever the fuck they want

• GNFNR 1