Team Brazil being fucking idiots

26 minutes ago, RochelleRochelle said:

I seem to remember an interview with Matt during the Nu GNR days.  He said he ran into Axl at a party in NYC, they talked, Axl gave him a ride after the party. 

It was in 2006 and he had written about it in his blog:

https://www.a-4-d.com/t5384-2006-04-13-matt-sorum-s-blog-matt-and-axl-meet-in-new-york

A little later he said that both he and Axl were drunk, and that helped (they had bumped into each other another time before that, in 2002 or 2003, and, according to Matt, it wasn't great).

Then Matt said that Axl was jealous of VR. And then, after VR split, he said he was drunk when he talked shit about Axl.

Edited by Blackstar

26 minutes ago, RochelleRochelle said:

I seem to remember an interview with Matt during the Nu GNR days.  He said he ran into Axl at a party in NYC, they talked, Axl gave him a ride after the party. 

I think it was before the press release about Slash visiting his house in October 2005 that Axl and Sorum were together. After Scott Weiland responded, Sorum then jumped to the defensive and I'm sure dished out more insults. 

2 minutes ago, Dean said:

I think it was before the press release about Slash visiting his house in October 2005 that Axl and Sorum were together. After Scott Weiland responded, Sorum then jumped to the defensive and I'm sure dished out more insults. 

Interestingly, it was after the press release. Probably Matt still didn't talk to Slash at that time because of that. But about three weeks after Matt's running into Axl, Slash and Matt did an interview together, where Slash denied he had been to Axl's house and Matt said both he and Axl were drunk when they met in NY.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

https://www.a-4-d.com/t5384-2006-04-13-matt-sorum-s-blog-matt-and-axl-meet-in-new-york

A little later he said that both he and Axl were drunk, and that helped (they had bumped into each other another time before that, in 2002 or 2003, and, according to Matt, it wasn't great).

Then Matt said that Axl was jealous of VR. And then, after VR split, he said he was drunk when he talked shit about Axl.

Is he trying to write a poem there or something? :lol:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, RochelleRochelle said:

Reminds me of Axl and Gilby in 2000. Axl has a strange way of firing/letting go of people, hanging out and getting along with them years later, and then never seeing them again.

19 hours ago, whatashame said:

what is this even supposed to mean "Team Brazil tries to harrass guests who appeared on the show" ? what kind of an accusation is that? So Team Brazil harrasses Duff's wife, Dizzy, Fortus, Dizzy's wife, Frank? What is this crap

19 hours ago, whatashame said:

I'm kinda hopin you'll tell me what's up in a paragraph or two so I don't have to read 13 pages of comments or listen to another 28 minutes of Brando's rambling.

Fernandon't, is it you?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, mystery said:

Reminds me of Axl and Gilby in 2000. Axl has a strange way of firing/letting go of people, hanging out and getting along with them years later, and then never seeing them again.

yeah its a bit weird.

but at the same time, the older you get, this is quite common too from my experience.

4 hours ago, hudsonsaul said:

yeah its a bit weird.

but at the same time, the older you get, this is quite common too from my experience.

True, it's just a life thing in general. I've always thought Axl purposefully planned that meeting with Gilby. They were both at a Roger Waters concert earlier in the night iirc. Axl probably got word that Gilby was playing later and went to check it out.

I think it might've been Axl's way of making amends since his firing never seemed personal and mostly a way to bring Paul Tobias in. A recording of that performance would be my number 1 holy grail. I'm wondering if the club recorded it?

1 minute ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

i find it odd that matt did not mention that encounter in his book, they seemed to have partied and hopped from one place to another, with axl dropping him off at some point 

maybe while writing the book, Matt was too bitter about not being a part of the reunion so didn't mention it. It wouldn't make him look very cool and that's something he seems to care about. Just speculation.

20 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Right....always blame the alcohol. 

People tend to forget that it actually brings out the truth when they speak while intoxicated. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mystery said:

True, it's just a life thing in general. I've always thought Axl purposefully planned that meeting with Gilby. They were both at a Roger Waters concert earlier in the night iirc. Axl probably got word that Gilby was playing later and went to check it out.

I think it might've been Axl's way of making amends since his firing never seemed personal and mostly a way to bring Paul Tobias in. A recording of that performance would be my number 1 holy grail. I'm wondering if the club recorded it?

I could be wrong but from memory there was a snippet audience recording of when he sung Dead Flowers with GIlby? Might be mistaken though. Certainly there is the photo from the time though.

9 minutes ago, hudsonsaul said:

I could be wrong but from memory there was a snippet audience recording of when he sung Dead Flowers with GIlby? Might be mistaken though. Certainly there is the photo from the time though.

No, there's no audio at all from the 2000 Gilby-Axl performance. A snippet some people thought might have been from that show was actually from the UYI tour.

It would be great if there was.

• Thanks 1

Going by the theme of this thread, Axl and his management would make sure to take it down real quick. Didn't Gilby own the club? Someone should ask if a recording exists. There'd be a great possibility of having audio and video today if it happened. It's amazing how far phone technology has come and how everyone can instantly pull one from their pocket and record.

I've heard accounts of this night but never this one, fascinating stuff. I never knew there was a possibility of Slash showing up. It might've been for the best that he didn't. Axl unintentionally did Gilby a solid by letting him go when he did. Nothing really happened on the recording and touring front and he got to escape being on Axl time in the wee hours of the morning.

On 7/19/2021 at 6:28 AM, Ixtlan said:

Agree, but you don’t think Dizzy is a member above the rest? Or, that he is at least viewed by Axl as somewhat significant?

No. I don't. I could imagine he gets more money than the others, due to seniority and maybe Axl sees his value as the only hold over from the UYI era, but other than that. Same deal. Hired hand.

• Like 2

On 7/23/2021 at 2:13 PM, Blackstar said:

Thanks, although I don't trust the source (and other so called "insiders") at all, especially when it comes down to the reunion and NITL era - hadn't the "information" that Slash and Duff recorded Atlas Shrugged in 2016 come from the same source?

Anyway, I don't know if Axl hates Matt so much - I don't think he does, because otherwise Matt wouldn't have been offered a guest spot under the same conditions as Steven . But, seeing how much he appreciates loyalty and wants to reciprocate, it's a logical assessment that he would prefer "his guy" (Frank and or Brain) over Matt.

I cannot stand MSL, but I generally believe he has some sort of inside connection. I know that upsets a lot of people on this forum. I would imagine because of the cognitive dissonance of someone as reprehensible as MSL being the "insider", but like I said, take it for what it's worth (in your case nothing). That being said, I do not know why you'd have any reason to doubt Slash/Duff laid some overdubs over "Atlas Shrugged". Unnecessarily replacing recorded parts for music that will never be released seems to be Axl's M.O. 

3 hours ago, themadcaplaughs said:

I cannot stand MSL, but I generally believe he has some sort of inside connection. I know that upsets a lot of people on this forum. I would imagine because of the cognitive dissonance of someone as reprehensible as MSL being the "insider", but like I said, take it for what it's worth (in your case nothing). That being said, I do not know why you'd have any reason to doubt Slash/Duff laid some overdubs over "Atlas Shrugged". Unnecessarily replacing recorded parts for music that will never be released seems to be Axl's M.O. 

I'm relatively new to the GN'R forums, so my disbelief doesn't have to do with whatever beef there is between him and this forum, but it's just generally based on things I've read in the past five years regarding him and his "inside information". I don't know the guy and I've never interacted with him in any form, but stories like the "hacked e-mails" have told me a lot of what I needed to know.

About Atlas Shrugged: As per Axl in the China Exchange interview in June 2016, at that point he'd only played some material for Slash and Duff but didn't know if they'd be on it. And Slash said they had done nothing regarding new material before spring 2019 (that's when he went to Axl's studio and they started doing something there). I prefer to believe them more than the wrestler guy. And what about the T-Rex song rumour? That seems to have been bs, too.

As for the information about the reunion negotiations, Matt, etc., I think there may be some truth to it, because I can guess who his source for that was - I know other people (reliable people, not "insiders") had the same information from someone else who had talked to this person. But I'm not sure if I completely trust that person (the source of the source).

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

As for the information about the reunion negotiations, Matt, etc., I think there may be some truth to them, because I can guess who his source was - I know other people (not "insiders") had the same information from someone else who had talked to this person, but I'm not sure if I completely trust that person (the source of the source).

Who is that? Can you give a hint?

• Like 1