Jump to content

Team Brazil being fucking idiots


Recommended Posts

Just now, adamsapple said:

No amount of money ever bought a second of time. Artistically, they've all been bankrupt for at least a decade. I get wanting to provide for family too but seriously how much money is ever enough? Buy everyone some land and a nice house, put 10 million dollars in their accounts each and rest assured they can live happily everafter and provide for their own children and even their childrens children with all that money unless they fuck it up themselves.

I don't get why people keep touring once they reach those numbers when they have nothing new to say and like Axl don't even seem to enjoy it much, struggling with aging and the limitations and health issues it naturally brings. I get the travelling and joy of music part, but if I had so much money I'd making music I like and for all else just call it a day, maybe do select shows in select venues for hardcore fans for the fun of it.

Greed. 

Once you start putting money above all else, you can never have enough of it. No money is ever enough for people who crave it. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Greed. 

Once you start putting money above all else, you can never have enough of it. No money is ever enough for people who crave it. 

So inspiring this band is.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I love Brazil a lot, the people, the food and stuff, that's why did not want to say team brazil totally due to my respect.

this management stupid and self destructives beyond belief, no argue about it. We know Axl is good friends with Lars, so why not using the same management? Both bands are in UMG, label side is doing well with talica, they can do the same with GNR.

We should start a campaign/protest and get what we deserve from being a fan and followers for years. And the band deserves a lot more than this shitty current situation.

We want all the best for the band, personally and financially, and want to help them in this by buying stuff. 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • janrichmond changed the title to Team Brazil being fucking idiots
On 8/7/2021 at 5:49 PM, RONIN said:

I mean look, it's kinda hilarious really. A (once) legendary band being managed by Axl's janitors. You couldn't make this up. And naturally, they're driving the brand (band) off a cliff with gusto. Only in America.

team brasil is bad in many lvls but "janitors" you r too classist 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/29/2021 at 12:51 PM, adamsapple said:

No amount of money ever bought a second of time. Artistically, they've all been bankrupt for at least a decade. I get wanting to provide for family too but seriously how much money is ever enough? Buy everyone some land and a nice house, put 10 million dollars in their accounts each and rest assured they can live happily everafter and provide for their own children and even their childrens children with all that money unless they fuck it up themselves.

I don't get why people keep touring once they reach those numbers when they have nothing new to say and like Axl don't even seem to enjoy it much, struggling with aging and the limitations and health issues it naturally brings. I get the travelling and joy of music part, but if I had so much money I'd making music I like and for all else just call it a day, maybe do select shows in select venues for hardcore fans for the fun of it.

I think you get to something which is that money can only buy happiness to a certain point. Unless Axl/Duff/Slash are spending ridiculous amounts of money touring with the same music for half a decade now has to ring somwhat hollow. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mystery said:

I think you get to something which is that money can only buy happiness to a certain point. Unless Axl/Duff/Slash are spending ridiculous amounts of money touring with the same music for half a decade now has to ring somwhat hollow. 

They are managing a band where the singer doesn't write lyrics or record vocals, so what can they do?

They are managing a band where the singer likely throws a tantrum when they very gently suggest he records vocals, so they are forced to cut and paste 20 year old work onto new music, over and over again.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Pele said:

They are managing a band where the singer doesn't write lyrics or record vocals, so what can they do?

They are managing a band where the singer likely throws a tantrum when they very gently suggest he records vocals, so they are forced to cut and paste 20 year old work onto new music, over and over again.

There were big producers/music executives that couldn't get Axl to do shit in the late 90's so I understand that point. The thing with TB is he mixed family with business, they more than anyone else have enabled Axl for decades now.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, mystery said:

There were big producers/music executives that couldn't get Axl to do shit in the late 90's so I understand that point. The thing with TB is he mixed family with business, they more than anyone else have enabled Axl for decades now.

Yeah, what can you do with him.

He's not gonna release new music because he wont write/record - so all they can do is legacy tours, live albums and merch.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There’s no point throwing shade at “the band”. No one associated with any GNR incarnation (after being signed by Geffen I’ll add) has anything to do with the pathetic lack of output. And no one has any control and no say in releasing new music. No matter what nonsensical explanations we get, no matter what excuses Axl and team Brazil can come up with, lack of music falls on Axl. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pele said:

They are managing a band where the singer doesn't write lyrics or record vocals, so what can they do?

They are managing a band where the singer likely throws a tantrum when they very gently suggest he records vocals, so they are forced to cut and paste 20 year old work onto new music, over and over again.

So now you're saying that not only has Axl not recorded vocals since 1999, but he doesn't even copy-paste them himself and TB does it for him? :lol:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

We know Axl is good friends with Lars, so why not using the same management? Both bands are in UMG, label side is doing well with talica, they can do the same with GNR.

It's simple, Axl tries to surround himself with "yes men" A real management team would push the band to behave like a normal band. Aside from endless touring with TB manages to do well, proper management would do so much more. (More than one album every 30 years)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

First off, I am not so sure it is the management's job to tell the artist what to do. That might work for new artists who need guidance and counsel in how to navigate the industry. For seasoned artists management becomes more of facilitators, to do as they are told by the artist.

Secondly, how do you know Team Brazil hasn't tried to make Axl release more music? Are you simply going from the fact that the band hasn't released an album on new music since 2008 to concluding this is because the management isn't doing what you would like them to do? Isn't it more reasonable to put blame for the poor productivity on the artist and not on the management?

Thirdly, is there a history of managers successfully being able to make Axl do anything? Much less make him release music when he doesn't want to? Does even the thought of a manager somehow coercing or manipulating Axl into releasing music make sense? I find it hard even picturing it.

Yep. Artists typically tell management what they want out of their careers and it’s management’s job to implement and carry out that plan. I highly doubt Axl Rose is ok with being told what to do and how to operate his band 

They’ve had professional management. They’ve had Irving Azoff. None of it really mattered when it came to functionality. He refused to do promo for the record that was released, sued his manager, and continued to show up late at shows, etc..

Axl is probably comfortable with TB. They run the business how he wants. If you have problems with TB, well it most likely stems from the top 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

First off, I am not so sure it is the management's job to tell the artist what to do. That might work for new artists who need guidance and counsel in how to navigate the industry. For seasoned artists management becomes more of facilitators, to do as they are told by the artist.

Secondly, how do you know Team Brazil hasn't tried to make Axl release more music? Are you simply going from the fact that the band hasn't released an album on new music since 2008 to concluding this is because the management isn't doing what you would like them to do? Isn't it more reasonable to put blame for the poor productivity on the artist and not on the management?

Thirdly, is there a history of managers successfully being able to make Axl do anything? Much less make him release music when he doesn't want to? Does even the thought of a manager somehow coercing or manipulating Axl into releasing music make sense? I find it hard even picturing it.

It's in management's best interest for an artist to perform, hence there are going to be pushed a bit. It doesn't equate to being aggressive like you implied. Axl hiring a housekeeper and her son for such a job speaks volumes, really doesn't need any explanation or much thought. They probably faked it until they made it, or made it as much as they are capable. I wouldn't be surprised if folks within the music industry find the whole thing highly unusual. Maybe it's best for Axl to hire his friends to be "management". I'm not going to hire the people who fixed my leather jacket zipper and replaced the liner to do my taxes because they are now my friends, and I'm comfortable around them.

I'm sure GN'Rs incompetent management isn't helping matters with a music release, though it's probably not the only reason. We did get Absurd though, so that's something. If they manage to get Hardskool out by the end of October as planned, that would be cool. And a new album before the end of this year, even cooler. I'll give them props if they and the band see that to fruition. 

I would say GN'R has had far better management in the past, with obvious results. Azoff was a real piece of work, but he did get us CD. We may not have even had that if it wasn't for him. If he behaved better, maybe we would have gotten CD2 in 2009 as originally planned. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

It's in management's best interest for an artist to perform, hence there are going to be pushed a bit. It doesn't equate to being aggressive like you implied. Axl hiring a housekeeper and her son for such a job speaks volumes, really doesn't need any explanation or much thought. They probably faked it until they made it, or made it as much as they are capable. I wouldn't be surprised if folks within the music industry find the whole thing highly unusual. Maybe it's best for Axl to hire his friends to be "management". I'm not going to hire the people who fixed my leather jacket zipper and replaced the liner to do my taxes because they are now my friends, and I'm comfortable around them.

I'm sure GN'Rs incompetent management isn't helping matters with a music release, though it's probably not the only reason. We did get Absurd though, so that's something. If they manage to get Hardskool out by the end of October as planned, that would be cool. And a new album before the end of this year, even cooler. I'll give them props if they and the band see that to fruition. 

I would say GN'R has had far better management in the past, with obvious results. Azoff was a real piece of work, but he did get us CD. We may not have even had that if it wasn't for him. If he behaved better, maybe we would have gotten CD2 in 2009 as originally planned. 

There are different types of managers across the artist spectrum and even on GNR’s level. Some are professionals, some are long time acquaintances. For Axl at this point in his career, I think he values trust above all else. Others value a person’s influence to get certain agendas done. I also don’t see much of a difference between TB and managers from their past. 
 

Yes Azoff forced the record out. However Azoff is also notorious for having other motives. He’s typically not into something for just the deal, it’s for another deal. He’s the ultimate power player in the industry.  He’s a great manipulator. Awesome if your interests align with him 

With Azoff, I think it’s safe to say he was in to try and force a reunion, sit in the cut of a reunion tour and not a follow up of CDII. He thought getting the album released would have paved the way for that to happen. He’s done it before with other bands. Why Axl expected anything different going in however is a bit of a mystery. He’s not the person to hire if you weren’t open and ready for Slash to come back

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, guitarpatch said:

Yep. Artists typically tell management what they want out of their careers and it’s management’s job to implement and carry out that plan. I highly doubt Axl Rose is ok with being told what to do and how to operate his band 

They’ve had professional management. They’ve had Irving Azoff. None of it really mattered when it came to functionality. He refused to do promo for the record that was released, sued his manager, and continued to show up late at shows, etc..

Axl is probably comfortable with TB. They run the business how he wants. If you have problems with TB, well it most likely stems from the top 

Exactly.

No management group can really do anything with a band fronted by a man-child who won't record vocals or release new songs, except release merch and hope he sings live.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...