Team Brazil being fucking idiots

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It's also not their style to act "normally" and professionally, like being interviewed and explain their point of view , but maybe Axl wouldn't allow them to do that anyway.

And so Fernando goes on Reddit and on discord to talk to fans "casually" like that - most likely without Axl's knowledge, and that's why he didn't want to be recorded on discord, as he basically defended himself and not Axl there.

I mean if Fernando disagrees with Axl in how he wants to be represented and has to sneak onto reddit; surely Fernando can work out that, that isn't healthy. He needs to talk to the bossman and say "When I open polite channels of communication with fans they are much less hostile". THIS is why you don't let amateurs run multi-million brands, a proper manager would have explained to Axl when he was ranting that podcast and youtube channels like Brando and Fran are free publicity and benefit the band. Instead of cancelling and trying to derail them a good manager would reach out and say "please don't discuss this or talk to this person, as a thank you you have access to Frank, Melissa, Richard and any other member that agree to be interviewed".

That TB were intimidating Frank about his interview??? I mean the guy said zero about GNR, there was no headlines! I realise this is a huge gig, but I wouldn't appreciate that bully shit. I guess in GNR nobody is truly safe outside Axl and TB.  

54 minutes ago, downzy said:

Don't forget Alan Niven!  :P 

I'm a big fan of the podcast.  Years ago I told Brando that if he has people like Goldstein and Niven on his show that he should anticipate the wrath of GNR and TB.  It's petty and unnecessary.  But also predictable.  

Oh yeah, Niven too, although maybe they don't care about him that much, as they haven't had any dealings with him and he just says the usual stuff he's being saying for years. I think Brando had Niven early on and yet he didn't have a problem with getting band members on the podcast.

But Goldstein has been more of a regular and says things that they (and Axl)  probably have a big problem with, like the band name story, for example - whether Doug says he was there or not, his version of what happened is different from Axl's version - or Axl's personal stuff.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

Most paranoid band and management in history.

I was on the fence about whether to see them at Fenway Park. Now, I'm certain that I will not. They don't deserve my money. Fernando Lebeis is the most incompetent business manager the music industry has ever seen.

New album before the end of this calendar year, otherwise I think I'm done caring.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I mean if Fernando disagrees with Axl in how he wants to be represented and has to sneak onto reddit; surely Fernando can work out that, that isn't healthy. He needs to talk to the bossman and say "When I open polite channels of communication with fans they are much less hostile". THIS is why you don't let amateurs run multi-million brands, a proper manager would have explained to Axl when he was ranting that podcast and youtube channels like Brando and Fran are free publicity and benefit the band. Instead of cancelling and trying to derail them a good manager would reach out and say "please don't discuss this or talk to this person, as a thank you you have access to Frank, Melissa, Richard and any other member that agree to be interviewed".

That TB were intimidating Frank about his interview??? I mean the guy said zero about GNR, there was no headlines! I realise this is a huge gig, but I wouldn't appreciate that bully shit. I guess in GNR nobody is truly safe outside Axl and TB.  

Honestly I think Axl is super out of touch with technology/the Internet and he doesn't understand how things work now. This is what happens when you lock yourself away in your house and don't talk to anyone.

This is absolute insanity. This band has millions of rabid fans, and just as many casual fans around the world, and this 'management' team absolutely refuses to promote them or communicate with the public in any possible way. When fans try to do it themselves, they strong arm, ban and attack them. They're a month away from a tour that is struggling harder than they could ever imagine, have tons of fans who are losing, or already have lost interest, and damn near everyone has given up hope on new music. ANy other management team in their shoes would've made that priority #1 after the success of the tour. Instead of doing their jobs, they're attacking a podcast run by a huge fan, and very nice guy, and his guests. It's just unimaginable that these people call themselves 'management'. It's a real shame that Slash and Duff are just 'yes men' at this point. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Gambit83 said:

I appreciate everyone's kind words and willing to listen to me vent. FYI, I talk about it more on my latest episode after the interview with Dee. Truthfully, I toiled with starting this conversation. Don't want to appear bitter, angry, or entitled. Especially since I don't know Team Brazil at all. I don't want to formulate my opinion based on other's comments. I want to err on the side of them being good people, how would I really know? People think Axl's a jerk, but those close to him say otherwise. Goes for all of us!

Some of the obstacles have been going on for years. To be expected, I'd be an idiot radio person to think otherwise. But also as a person with feelings (wah wah me), it sucks knowing that Richard/Dizzy/Frank/Melissa were told not to do my podcast. Frank had a blast...he told me. I'm told by an ex-member that Melissa wants to do it. And I don't want them in trouble, as crazy as that sounds! But Frank, Melissa, etc have other projects to promote. And I may be the only interviewer who wouldn't bombard them with GNR questions.

Over the years, I've maybe sent 4 emails to Fernando? So not a lot. Messaged Beta once on Instagram. All very polite, offering to play by whatever rules they have. Getting no response from a major act, I accept. But being told by sources close to them that I'm being blocked, upsets me. And clearly all of you. I came to a tough decision to air this "dirty laundry" in hopes it will open up a communication. I've tried everything else. Patience is a good song, but it's hard to keep that feeling.

So I wouldn't suggested "spamming" and I'm trying to navigate this so they don't receive hate mail. Just maybe, if real fans tag band members/managers with requests to come on the podcast, which other shows and fanbases do, maybe...just maybe, Fernando will take me up on the offer just to talk. 

I'm afraid it's no use to ask them to be interviewed on the podcast as, like I said earlier, I just don't think it's their style to do "normal" things like that and maybe they are not allowed to anyway.

Have you reached out to Susan about this?

3 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Honestly I think Axl is super out of touch with technology/the Internet and he doesn't understand how things work now. This is what happens when you lock yourself away in your house and don't talk to anyone.

I recall hearing on multiple occasions that apparently TB don’t let Axl visit this very website here anymore, so it wouldn’t surprise me if his entire internet privileges are limited. In the 2011 interview he did with TMS he said he “only started iPod-ing just recently” and that his friends add songs to his iPod for him. This was 2011, mind you, when most people were already starting to use smartphones.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Axl has been like that for years. He has blacklisted outlets that he considered hostile. Even super professional managers couldn't get him to do PR - and it's not that he doesn't understand how it works. I mean, he said he refused to do interviews with major outlets to promote CD because he considered them then to be "pro-Slash".

9 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I recall hearing on multiple occasions that apparently TB don’t let Axl visit this very website here anymore, so it wouldn’t surprise me if his entire internet privileges are limited. In the 2011 interview he did with TMS he said he “only started iPod-ing just recently” and that his friends add songs to his iPod for him. This was 2011, mind you, when most people were already starting to use smartphones.

I couldn't help chuckle in amazement at this sentence. Its batshit insane to think about a 60 year old man being barred from visiting a website like some sort of child. 

Sucks they've now turned their attention on Brando and the AFD podcast. If they would rather focus their energy on things that prop the band up and get fan engagement, surely the band would be in a better place. But nah, they'd rather handle things like the rank amateurs that they are. They let the NU GNR lineup tank and lo and behold the three union is well on its way to with this tour struggling to sell and nothing of interest on the horizon.

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

No, it's not that. He has been using the internet for years. It's just that he has had this stance in regards to the media for years, either it is the printed press or the internet.

Oh come on, it's ludicrous to think that Axl can be controlled like that as if he were a child and that he wouldn't be allowed to visit a website.

I could be wrong, but I coulda sworn I even heard Marc Canter himself say that he heard that second-hand once. But maybe I’m misremembering.

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

TB should more concerned about the abysmal selects they released. If anything is doing damage to GNR in 2020/2021 it's those. TB would write off the critical comments though as "haters". Also, if there was any doubt about the balance of power in GNR there needn't be. Axl is the boss and Slash and Duff are clearly his pets now. Very sad that they don't have the balls to say "I'm going to do the interviews I want". Is Axl going to fire Duff because he goes on a podcast, tells a few UYI stories he's told a million times, then evades any sort of question about new music? I highly doubt it. Crazy!

I'd say this is the most on point post I've seen so far here - yes the 'official' releases ie selects are atrocious they aren't doing the band any favours.

'Axl is the boss' is the key point. I don't know why everyone is blaming TB - but perhaps I'm missing something ? Even if it was TB screwing up at some point it's the boss's issue to sort out or if not it is then them that are fucking up.

This is the way Axl has always been right back to one of the first printed interviews in 86 - was it Music Connection or something where he didn't like what he thought they would write so threw a fit. This pattern has been repeated ever since. The whole reason he wanted the GNR name is for control & $. The only people around him including TB are yes men. Anyone with any integrity wouldn't hang around in that environment so all you have left are the hangers on who will never rock the boat. The one thing that has come out is how Slash came back to the fold - it wasn't TB pushing that angle, they were towing the Slash is cancer line until the day Axl told them to pick up the phone and they flipped. They aren't making decisions they are just doing what Axl wants - and all this stuff ultimately is coming from Axl.

Slash and Duff have some pull for one reason only - because they still have veto rights over some uses of the name.

• Like 1

Yeah I agree with the general consensus here that this is all Axl. It has to be. Fernando is just the fall guy. Just like how Gene Simmons is Paul Stanley’s bitch. Axl is probably just as much of a nut as he was in the 90s. He just knows how to “hide it” now.

I actually give Axl/TB a pass for most things but preventing people from going on someone’s harmless podcast? Come on, man…

Edited by rocknroll41

5 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Axl was a crazy person that was frankly a huge POS for a large portion of his life. It's no wonder what kind of leeches he would attract. They are probably perfect for each other :awesomeface:

I agree with this 100% 

If he wasn’t so talented and rich he’d probably be in an asylum or jail.

Edited by megaguns1982
  • Like 1

Screw Britney man...

We need to get Axl out of this Team Brazil conservatorship/dictatorship. 
#freeAxl

In all seriousness, it’s just more of the same really, screwing over fans who put effort into the band, it’s been happening visually with the YouTube takedowns for years now, this is just the next step, controlling a podcast... 

I’m sure the effort put into your podcasts over the years equates to more effort than any of us realize, so it’s a kick in the sack. (Which you are handling gracefully) 

Slash and Duff sold their souls going back to GnR... You can even hear it in Slash’s playing. 

Edited by Powderfinger