Team Brazil being fucking idiots

11 hours ago, darkside259 said:

im from latin america and i find very disrespecful and racist the coments on team brasil being janitors or monkeys or whatever you call them, they can be some bad managers and had a bad way to do things but that s not a excuse for being racist or clasist, even the title of this tread is so childish and violate the forum norms

This very conversation happened here a few months ago. It had the same (wrong) assumption and the same answer as it will have now. 
So: No, it is not racist. People are not calling TB janitors or "monkeys" (huh? haven’t seen that one) or toilet cleaners because they’re Brazilian. It’s because of Beta’s former occupation and the fact folks tend not to like her and Fernando for reasons solely related to GN’R and Axl. There hasn’t been the slightest hint at any suggestion that janitors or toilet cleaners would be exclusively connected to Brazil in any way. 
And when someone uses the adjective "Brazilian" in this context, that’s not because they think this crap applies to anyone from Brazil, it’s because that’s just how you denote the family. After all, they have it in their very name – Team Brazil. If they were from Norway, we would call them "that Norwegian family". If they were from China, we would call them... guess what. It would have nothing to do with the country of origin per se, like it has nothing to do with the country of origin – Brazil or Latin America – in this case. 
The fact that you unfortunately choose to find racism there is your problem, and there’s no reason for anyone to adjust their phrasing in order to accommodate your needs. 
As Steve Hughes says, if you wanna be offended, well, then be offended. Nothing happens. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, jamillos said:

This very conversation happened here a few months ago. It had the same (wrong) assumption and the same answer as it will have now. 
So: No, it is not racist. People are not calling TB janitors or "monkeys" (huh? haven’t seen that one) or toilet cleaners because they’re Brazilian. It’s because of Beta’s former occupation and the fact folks tend not to like her and Fernando for reasons solely related to GN’R and Axl. There hasn’t been the slightest hint at any suggestion that janitors or toilet cleaners would be exclusively connected to Brazil in any way. 
And when someone uses the adjective "Brazilian" in this context, that’s not because they think this crap applies to anyone from Brazil, it’s because that’s just how you denote the family. After all, they have it in their very name – Team Brazil. If they were from Norway, we would call them "that Norwegian family". If they were from China, we would call them... guess what. It would have nothing to do with the country of origin per se, like it has nothing to do with the country of origin – Brazil or Latin America – in this case. 
The fact that you unfortunately choose to find racism there is your problem, and there’s no reason for anyone to adjust their phrasing in order to accommodate your needs. 
As Steve Hughes says, if you wanna be offended, well, then be offended. Nothing happens. 

im not offended, is just my opinion and btw there is many comments and even pictures for  example "consuela"from family guy being used in this forum for mocking beta, thats funny and very fucking racist to hahahah but i guess steve could be right... then again is just my opinion maybe im wrong who knows, i just wanna some blue ray from uyi i don t really care that much 

50 minutes ago, darkside259 said:

im not offended, is just my opinion and btw there is many comments and even pictures for  example "consuela"from family guy being used in this forum for mocking beta, thats funny and very fucking racist to hahahah but i guess steve could be right... then again is just my opinion maybe im wrong who knows, i just wanna some blue ray from uyi i don t really care that much 

"Offended" and "finding that racist" is pretty much the same in this particular context, let’s not split hairs. 
As for Consuela, I know what you mean, I’ve seen it. But you know what? I bet I would find it very funny even if I was from those parts of the world. But that’s me, and I guess I can’t really assess this, since I’m not from there. Look at it this way: would you/people have found it racist 20 years ago? Before all the PC madness? Seriously, think about it. Remember the affair with Apu from the Simpsons? I think it’s just zeitgeist, an extreme reaction to extreme changes in the world, and being it just an unhealthy, unreasonable passing phenomenon (talking about PC bullshit here, not racism as such), it will go away sooner or later, like everything else. That's nature. 
As for the rest, I agree. :)

• Like 2