Team Brazil being fucking idiots

This outrageous bullshit aside, another question is how far is Dizzy, Fortus etc. willing to let this go. Is it really all about just making a safe buck for these "additional musicians"? What about some pride etc. (granted this is true)? For how long are they gonna just roll with it? 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

time to lower my expectations even more. I think TB has some power to decide on certain Gn'R matters. It's only logical cause Axl probably doesn't want to always be available to decide on every Gn'R matter. If he wants the freedom to focus on spending his time on things that are most important to him, then delegating some authority to Beta and Fernando, people he seems to trust, make sense imo.

problem is some of TB's decisions and the way they communicate and handle certain situations seem excessive to me and they don't seem to want to make the effort to at least be more respectful to fans and their love for the band. If you only see shit in black and white it's harder to reach an understanding. You come from a defensive position from the get go.

I believe that if instead of Beta and Fernando, Axl would have chose other people to be the closest to him with the same managerial responsibilities it might have been different. They seem kinda ruthless with the way they handle their job. I don't think it has to be this way in order to protect Axl and Gn'R. What a shame. With how much love there is for this band, it could have been so much better for the band and its fans but maybe Axl doesn't want to deal with it anymore.

19 minutes ago, jamillos said:

This outrageous bullshit apart, another question is how far is Dizzy, Fortus etc. willing to let this go. Is it really all about just making a safe buck for these "additional musicians"? What about some pride etc. (granted this is true)? For how long are they gonna just roll with it? 

Dizzy will probably never jeopardize his position in the band. You can tell by the things he says in many of his interviews how grateful he is to be in Gn'R and honestly I can understand it. Axl gave him a career. Dizzy is not going to change now.

Richard, as you know, was a session musician and seems like he understands and accepts "the rules" and won't risk it either. I think they'll "roll with it" as long as they can. It's a lucrative gig.

Pitman had some pride and cocktails. Look at him now. If you take pride in making your own decisions and you like to dictate your own conditions as a musician (like Bumblefoot) maybe Gn'R is not the band for you. It's like any company in a way. It has its own policy. Even Slash and Duff seem to understand it and try not to say or do something that would sour their relationship with Axl. Silly, but it is what it is.

this shit though, I have to say, got to me. So much good work and intentions but it doesn't mean anything if you don't conform.

Edited by Rovim

20 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Dizzy will probably never jeopardize his position in the band. You can tell by the things he says in many of his interviews how grateful he is to be in Gn'R and honestly I can understand it. Axl gave him a career. Dizzy is not going to change now.

Richard, as you know, was a session musician and seems like he understands and accepts "the rules" and won't risk it either. I think they'll "roll with it" as long as they can. It's a lucrative gig.

Pitman had some pride and cocktails. Look at him now. If you take pride in making your own decisions and you like to dictate your own conditions as a musician (like Bumblefoot) maybe Gn'R is not the band for you. It's like any company in a way. It has its own policy. Even Slash and Duff seem to understand it and try not to say or do something that would sour their relationship with Axl. Silly, but it is what it is.

this shit though, I have to say, got to me. So much good work and intentions but it doesn't mean anything if you don't conform.

Well, it’s about personal boundaries in any case. Slash and Duff, though, are in a different position. As things stand, they’ve already made zillions, and Axl needs them more than they need him now. After all, it wasn’t apparently these two who got bossed around by TB, as far as we know. 
Anyway, unbelievable. 

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

time to lower my expectations even more. I think TB has some power to decide on certain Gn'R matters. It's only logical cause Axl probably doesn't want to always be available to decide on every Gn'R matter. If he wants the freedom to focus on spending his time on things that are most important to him, then delegating some authority to Beta and Fernando, people he seems to trust, make sense imo.

GN'R has every right not to talk to the media. It sucks for us but we can't force them at gun point. Delegating is fine. But TB are the wrong people. All these years and they haven't learnt anything about communication

If a real team managed GN'R, we would probably have a new album or two by now since 2008.

A band as big as GN'R should be managed by experienced industry professionals. 

I'm sure they are a joke within the industry. They have to be. Biggest rock band in the world managed by people who are only managing them due to very unique circumstances, to say the least.

Edited by Sweersa

4 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

I just find it funny how we have an album tapping ‘Democracy’ and yet we have what appears to be one of the most undemocratic situations going…..TB are like a government trying to control narratives, media etc 🤦‍♂️

All because a well thought of fan on a respected podcast wants talk cool GNR stuff?!?!

This, "TB Democracy"...

4 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

I just find it funny how we have an album tapping ‘Democracy’ and yet we have what appears to be one of the most undemocratic situations going…..TB are like a government trying to control narratives, media etc 🤦‍♂️

I don't think any manager-musician-fanbase relationship works as a democracy. So that is not really the problem here. The problem, as I see it, is the lack of communication that leaves us in the dark. 

40 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

If a real team managed GN'R, we would probably have a new album or two by now since 2008.

Yeah. Or maybe not. Managers came and went and there was no new album for 15 years. No one is gonna "make" Axl release an album.

9 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

You mentioned me? You wanted my opinion on this, or just attacked me for some reason? 

Anyway, utterly unprofessional and sad that Team Brazil would want to stop people from talking to Brando on his brilliant podcast. 

Not surprising, though. GN'R had always tried to control the narrative and when that is hard, try to shut down any narrative. This goes to before TB. Axl has always had a....conflicted relationship with the press. 

I feel sad for Brando, because he is doing a brilliant job and the only sensible thing would be to support his efforts and use his platform for promotion. 

The story will come out, warts and all, regardless. It can't be stopped. 

Nah, I'm cool with you. Just was curious to read your reaction as you're usually positive when discussing endless touring and no album.

Now I know :-)  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Nah, I'm cool with you. Just was curious to read your reaction as you're usually positive when discussing endless touring and no album.

Now I know :-)  

Right ho.

Yeah, I'm perpetually positive and upbeat. But I recognize failure when I see it, I just tend to shrug it off and not care since it doesn't affect me. It's just a rock band. 

Feel for Brando, though. 

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Padme said:

They can't be diplomatic when they know nothing about communication, diplomacy or public relations. I mean any celebrity needs is a spoke person or publicist. 

Even when Axl was in AC/DC for just a couple of months they managed to get themselves noticed by their fans because they can’t stop themselves from reacting so idiotically :lol:

• Haha 2

Very sorry you're having these issues Brando. You've put a huge amount of work into building a great podcast. I've never known you to be anything other than respectful.

It seems ridiculous to take this attitude towards your work. Podcast series are a really popular medium right now and I've no doubt they introduce younger generations to the band and it's history. As far as publicity goes that can only be a good thing no matter what grievances etc...occurred decades ago.

Considering many band members and associates have separate projects they want to promote it seems particularly churlish to prevent them doing this.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

No one is gonna "make" Axl release an album.

Fine by me. Sure I would be disappointed but it's not the end of the world. However in that case Axl should be straightforward about it

51 minutes ago, Padme said:

Fine by me. Sure I would be disappointed but it's not the end of the world. However in that case Axl should be straightforward about it

Exactly, and also, while they might not be able to "make" Axl sign off on a release, they definitely don't have to grease the wheels and enable whatever mania makes him act this way.

Very sad to read this. 

It comes to something when fans of a band can't make a podcast without it causing a drama. I just don't understand the way things work around this band at all. 

I don't really understand why people get so pissed off about the way things operate though and then spend a fortune on tickets etc. It's a bit like complaining about the business practices of, say, Coca-Cola, while drinking a glass of it.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

10 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I don't really understand why people get so pissed off about the way things operate though and then spend a fortune on tickets etc. It's a bit like complaining about the business practices of, say, Coca-Cola, while drinking a glass of it.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

probably because the experience Gn'R offer is unique so it's still worth it for some fans to pay for a ticket while not approving of the way they conduct their business and also, Gn'R is not going to be active forever.

• Like 2

Just now, Rovim said:

probably because the experience Gn'R offer is unique so it's still worth it for some fans to pay for a ticket while not approving of the way they conduct their business and also, Gn'R is not going to be active forever.

People have been saying "they won't be around forever" for years and years now! 

My point really is that the show (probably) will be the same thing again, people know what they're getting, they know where their money is going, so it seems mad to then get too angry at the management, that you've just given money to. 

I get it, but I think if you REALLY and passionately don't approve of something (as a lot of people here seem to feel about TB) there's a simple solution......

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

I get it, but I think if you REALLY and passionately don't approve of something (as a lot of people here seem to feel about TB) there's a simple solution......

I don't think there is. Not if you happen to be one of those people who still value the experience of attending a Gn'R show. (even if it's more or less the same live experience)

I passionately don't approve but also... it's Gn'R.

• Like 1