Jump to content

Team Brazil being fucking idiots


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, Marc Canter may have said something like that - like that he thought TB didn't let Axl read his posts on this forum. But even if Marc said that, I highly doubt that things are that way. I think the main "control" TB have is that, with few exceptions who talk to Axl directly, whoever wants to talk to him has to go through them. But this is something that existed before TB; people like Goldstein and Craig Duswalt used to have that role.

I don't think it's simply either "all Axl" or "all TB". It's a more complicated dynamic and, again, a pattern that was there before TB came into the picture. For example, Axl could one time flip over someone taking his picture and another time not have a problem with it, but whoever were his entourage at the time wouldn't know when he would flip out, so they would make a "rule" that no one took Axl's picture. So although Axl himself may not have given that "order," the people around him would act ahead to avoid the worse. Chris Cornell had shared a story about being told by GN'R's "people" that no one was allowed near Axl's teleprompters, and then he realized that the "rule" hadn't come from Axl - probably Axl had flipped once over the teleprompter not working and so the management/entourage made that "Rule".

In this case now, hypothetically, it may have been like this: Axl went angry and ranted about something a guest on Brando's podcast said, and TB thought "Axl is angry and doesn't like the media that make him angry, so we should boycott this podcast."

That is a very fair assessment.

Axl is most certainly part of the problem but I think TB are keeping a lot of things from him, shielding him like was a spoiled little kid.  My guess would be it makes them feel important and on top of things. They're "in control" so to speak.

The whole "our band" shtick and "you have to go through Beta to get to Axl". I think they're drunk with it. The fact that they keep information from Axl was confirmed by Marc Canter.

As I have stated before, I think they enjoy the quasi celebrity status in the GN'R fanbase and they'll do everything they can to keep it even at the expense of GN'R and Axl himself.

Edited by Sisyphus
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

True. Though they could try to be an a bit more diplomatic intermediary between Axl and the world. But then again, knowing (as much as that is possible without actually knowing him) Axl, it's a thin line until he might feel that they are going behind his back.

They can't be diplomatic when they know nothing about communication, diplomacy or public relations. I mean any celebrity needs is a spoke person or publicist. How many times we've seen celebrities fuck it up on social media? Sombody with communication skill should handle that. This is a similar case with TB. They tell Dizzy and Richards not to do interviews. It is TB or some P.R. person who should deal with Gambit with diplomacy and manners.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This outrageous bullshit aside, another question is how far is Dizzy, Fortus etc. willing to let this go. Is it really all about just making a safe buck for these "additional musicians"? What about some pride etc. (granted this is true)? For how long are they gonna just roll with it? 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

time to lower my expectations even more. I think TB has some power to decide on certain Gn'R matters. It's only logical cause Axl probably doesn't want to always be available to decide on every Gn'R matter. If he wants the freedom to focus on spending his time on things that are most important to him, then delegating some authority to Beta and Fernando, people he seems to trust, make sense imo.

problem is some of TB's decisions and the way they communicate and handle certain situations seem excessive to me and they don't seem to want to make the effort to at least be more respectful to fans and their love for the band. If you only see shit in black and white it's harder to reach an understanding. You come from a defensive position from the get go.

I believe that if instead of Beta and Fernando, Axl would have chose other people to be the closest to him with the same managerial responsibilities it might have been different. They seem kinda ruthless with the way they handle their job. I don't think it has to be this way in order to protect Axl and Gn'R. What a shame. With how much love there is for this band, it could have been so much better for the band and its fans but maybe Axl doesn't want to deal with it anymore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, jamillos said:

This outrageous bullshit apart, another question is how far is Dizzy, Fortus etc. willing to let this go. Is it really all about just making a safe buck for these "additional musicians"? What about some pride etc. (granted this is true)? For how long are they gonna just roll with it? 

Dizzy will probably never jeopardize his position in the band. You can tell by the things he says in many of his interviews how grateful he is to be in Gn'R and honestly I can understand it. Axl gave him a career. Dizzy is not going to change now.

Richard, as you know, was a session musician and seems like he understands and accepts "the rules" and won't risk it either. I think they'll "roll with it" as long as they can. It's a lucrative gig.

Pitman had some pride and cocktails. Look at him now. If you take pride in making your own decisions and you like to dictate your own conditions as a musician (like Bumblefoot) maybe Gn'R is not the band for you. It's like any company in a way. It has its own policy. Even Slash and Duff seem to understand it and try not to say or do something that would sour their relationship with Axl. Silly, but it is what it is.

this shit though, I have to say, got to me. So much good work and intentions but it doesn't mean anything if you don't conform.

Edited by Rovim
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Dizzy will probably never jeopardize his position in the band. You can tell by the things he says in many of his interviews how grateful he is to be in Gn'R and honestly I can understand it. Axl gave him a career. Dizzy is not going to change now.

Richard, as you know, was a session musician and seems like he understands and accepts "the rules" and won't risk it either. I think they'll "roll with it" as long as they can. It's a lucrative gig.

Pitman had some pride and cocktails. Look at him now. If you take pride in making your own decisions and you like to dictate your own conditions as a musician (like Bumblefoot) maybe Gn'R is not the band for you. It's like any company in a way. It has its own policy. Even Slash and Duff seem to understand it and try not to say or do something that would sour their relationship with Axl. Silly, but it is what it is.

this shit though, I have to say, got to me. So much good work and intentions but it doesn't mean anything if you don't conform.

Well, it’s about personal boundaries in any case. Slash and Duff, though, are in a different position. As things stand, they’ve already made zillions, and Axl needs them more than they need him now. After all, it wasn’t apparently these two who got bossed around by TB, as far as we know. 
Anyway, unbelievable. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

time to lower my expectations even more. I think TB has some power to decide on certain Gn'R matters. It's only logical cause Axl probably doesn't want to always be available to decide on every Gn'R matter. If he wants the freedom to focus on spending his time on things that are most important to him, then delegating some authority to Beta and Fernando, people he seems to trust, make sense imo.

GN'R has every right not to talk to the media. It sucks for us but we can't force them at gun point. Delegating is fine. But TB are the wrong people. All these years and they haven't learnt anything about communication

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If a real team managed GN'R, we would probably have a new album or two by now since 2008.

A band as big as GN'R should be managed by experienced industry professionals. 

I'm sure they are a joke within the industry. They have to be. Biggest rock band in the world managed by people who are only managing them due to very unique circumstances, to say the least.

Edited by Sweersa
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

I just find it funny how we have an album tapping ‘Democracy’ and yet we have what appears to be one of the most undemocratic situations going…..TB are like a government trying to control narratives, media etc 🤦‍♂️
 

All because a well thought of fan on a respected podcast wants talk cool GNR stuff?!?!

This, "TB Democracy"...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

I just find it funny how we have an album tapping ‘Democracy’ and yet we have what appears to be one of the most undemocratic situations going…..TB are like a government trying to control narratives, media etc 🤦‍♂️

I don't think any manager-musician-fanbase relationship works as a democracy. So that is not really the problem here. The problem, as I see it, is the lack of communication that leaves us in the dark. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

If a real team managed GN'R, we would probably have a new album or two by now since 2008.

Yeah. Or maybe not. Managers came and went and there was no new album for 15 years. No one is gonna "make" Axl release an album.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

You mentioned me? You wanted my opinion on this, or just attacked me for some reason? 

Anyway, utterly unprofessional and sad that Team Brazil would want to stop people from talking to Brando on his brilliant podcast. 

Not surprising, though. GN'R had always tried to control the narrative and when that is hard, try to shut down any narrative. This goes to before TB. Axl has always had a....conflicted relationship with the press. 

I feel sad for Brando, because he is doing a brilliant job and the only sensible thing would be to support his efforts and use his platform for promotion. 

The story will come out, warts and all, regardless. It can't be stopped. 

Nah, I'm cool with you. Just was curious to read your reaction as you're usually positive when discussing endless touring and no album.

Now I know :-)  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Nah, I'm cool with you. Just was curious to read your reaction as you're usually positive when discussing endless touring and no album.

Now I know :-)  

Right ho.

Yeah, I'm perpetually positive and upbeat. But I recognize failure when I see it, I just tend to shrug it off and not care since it doesn't affect me. It's just a rock band. 

Feel for Brando, though. 

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, Padme said:

They can't be diplomatic when they know nothing about communication, diplomacy or public relations. I mean any celebrity needs is a spoke person or publicist. 

Even when Axl was in AC/DC for just a couple of months they managed to get themselves noticed by their fans because they can’t stop themselves from reacting so idiotically :lol:

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very sorry you're having these issues Brando. You've put a huge amount of work into building a great podcast. I've never known you to be anything other than respectful.

It seems ridiculous to take this attitude towards your work. Podcast series are a really popular medium right now and I've no doubt they introduce younger generations to the band and it's history. As far as publicity goes that can only be a good thing no matter what grievances etc...occurred decades ago.

Considering many band members and associates have separate projects they want to promote it seems particularly churlish to prevent them doing this.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

No one is gonna "make" Axl release an album.

Fine by me. Sure I would be disappointed but it's not the end of the world. However in that case Axl should be straightforward about it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Padme said:

Fine by me. Sure I would be disappointed but it's not the end of the world. However in that case Axl should be straightforward about it

Exactly, and also, while they might not be able to "make" Axl sign off on a release, they definitely don't have to grease the wheels and enable whatever mania makes him act this way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very sad to read this. 

It comes to something when fans of a band can't make a podcast without it causing a drama. I just don't understand the way things work around this band at all. 

I don't really understand why people get so pissed off about the way things operate though and then spend a fortune on tickets etc. It's a bit like complaining about the business practices of, say, Coca-Cola, while drinking a glass of it.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I don't really understand why people get so pissed off about the way things operate though and then spend a fortune on tickets etc. It's a bit like complaining about the business practices of, say, Coca-Cola, while drinking a glass of it.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

probably because the experience Gn'R offer is unique so it's still worth it for some fans to pay for a ticket while not approving of the way they conduct their business and also, Gn'R is not going to be active forever.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Rovim said:

probably because the experience Gn'R offer is unique so it's still worth it for some fans to pay for a ticket while not approving of the way they conduct their business and also, Gn'R is not going to be active forever.

People have been saying "they won't be around forever" for years and years now! 

My point really is that the show (probably) will be the same thing again, people know what they're getting, they know where their money is going, so it seems mad to then get too angry at the management, that you've just given money to. 

I get it, but I think if you REALLY and passionately don't approve of something (as a lot of people here seem to feel about TB) there's a simple solution......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • janrichmond changed the title to Team Brazil being fucking idiots

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...