Team Brazil being fucking idiots

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

I don't think there is. Not if you happen to be one of those people who still value the experience of attending a Gn'R show. (even if it's more or less the same live experience)

I passionately don't approve but also... it's Gn'R.

Well I wouldn't go and see them now as I don't want to see the same show, I don't like nostalgia and they all look bored to me. If I did go though, then I couldn't really complain they were all of those things. It would be on me. 

If there are strong feelings on management then wouldn't the solution be to do take a similar stance, based on that principle? 

18 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

People have been saying "they won't be around forever" for years and years now! 

My point really is that the show (probably) will be the same thing again, people know what they're getting, they know where their money is going, so it seems mad to then get too angry at the management, that you've just given money to. 

I get it, but I think if you REALLY and passionately don't approve of something (as a lot of people here seem to feel about TB) there's a simple solution......

I didn't buy any tickets this time around. And I'm not planning to. The last time I saw them was like 3 or 4 years ago. I was here watching some videos from shows. The only good news in recent times was Locomotive and Dead Horse. If they keep those songs and add more from UYI instead of bullshit songs like Wichita Lineman. If Adler and Izzy come around, then I may change my mind. And there is also the issue of Axl's voice.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Well I wouldn't go and see them now as I don't want to see the same show, I don't like nostalgia and they all look bored to me. If I did go though, then I couldn't really complain they were all of those things. It would be on me. 

If there are strong feelings on management then wouldn't the solution be to do take a similar stance, based on that principle? 

sounds like you are not one of those people who still find what they're selling, at least currently, as attractive as a consumer. Maybe it's different for others who still do. I can only speak for myself, but as shitty as I find this whole situation is with TB, it doesn't kill my enjoyment of a Gn'R show.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 3

Just now, Rovim said:

sounds like you are not one of those people who still find what they're are selling, at least currently, as attractive as a consumer. Maybe it's different for others who still do. I can only speak for myself, but as shitty as I find this whole situation is with TB, it doesn't kill my enjoyment of a Gn'R show.

That's fair to say. I'm out until there's some change in either material or motivation. My (very limited) contact with TB was actually fairly pleasant, which I think I should say. I don't have the hatred of them that a lot of people here seem to have, but appreciate fully that other people's experiences may have been less positive. 

I understand it wouldn't kill the enjoyment of the show, but my point really is that if you're actively giving someone/something money, (in this case TB), complaining about the way they do things is a bit redundant.  

Think GNRs just one of those entities that you’re never allowed to get too close to the sun. In other words, Susan leads to Duff leads to… Uh uh. Not happening.

Do Love Brando- and his podcast though. Hopefully, there’s a smart/artful way to keep it going w/o hitting TBs tripwires (which rightly or wrongly are a fact of life).

21 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

Just imagine a world where Axl didn’t meet Stephanie Seymour. None of this shit would be happening..

Well. Who's to say that we would have an Axl that has been touring for the past 20 years? He might as well would have stayed a recluse. So. It could be worse.

15 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

Just imagine a world where Axl didn’t meet Stephanie Seymour. None of this shit would be happening..

other negative shit could have happened. Objectively speaking, I don't know anything about Axl's and Beta's relationship. For all I know she could have been there for him when he was down, helping him in some dark moments after his breakup from Stephanie and making sure he was ok and taking care of him for years.

He sometimes refers to her as his mother (as odd as it might appear to some of us)

still doesn't excuse their behavior as managers though imo and I wish it was someone more cordial at the helm at the very least but honestly I think the way they treat Axl is worlds apart from how they treat anyone else that's not in the Gn'R circle and maybe it's not just cause of what they get out of it. It's possible they genuinely care about him.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

Here's a crazy thought: Why not just invite Beta and Fernando to the podcast, give them a chance to speak and hear them out? Don't know if Brando already did that or would even consider that, just a thought. After all, "their" band has a tour coming up, so there'd be plenty to talk about and promote for them.

He contacted them. But the pricks didn't react. 

27 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

Here's a crazy thought: Why not just invite Beta and Fernando to the podcast, give them a chance to speak and hear them out? Don't know if Brando already did that or would even consider that, just a thought. After all, "their" band has a tour coming up, so there'd be plenty to talk about and promote for them.

That was my first offer years ago! Just so fans can "meet" them and enjoy their personality. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

44 minutes ago, Rovim said:

other negative shit could have happened. Objectively speaking, I don't know anything about Axl's and Beta's relationship. For all I know she could have been there for him when he was down, helping him in some dark moments after his breakup from Stephanie and making sure he was ok and taking care of him for years.

He sometimes refers to her as his mother (as odd as it might appear to some of us)

still doesn't excuse their behavior as managers though imo and I wish it was someone more cordial at the helm at the very least but honestly I think the way they treat Axl is worlds apart from how they treat anyone else that's not in the Gn'R circle and maybe it's not just cause of what they get out of it. It's possible they genuinely care about him.

axl is married to his mother then

he hit our mother! 

yeah, she's my wife 

7 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Fernando did a a discord interview a year ago. There's nothing to "enjoy" about his personality.

Not to assume where you are from, but could your perception of his personality be a cultural or language barrier thing? The classic case of someone thinking a foreigner is weird, when they are different due to cultural or difference of language reasons. 

Whatever people's thoughts on TB are.........it's Axl that has run the band into the poor position they are now in. 

There can't be much doubt on that one now, surely? The buck really stops with him, and he seems to have lost interest a long time ago. If he still cared about moving forwards there's no chance the band would be in this position. 

• GNFNR 1

46 minutes ago, Gambit83 said:

That was my first offer years ago! Just so fans can "meet" them and enjoy their personality. 

Alright then, I didn't know you already offered. I only met them once and even though that didn't make me a fan of their management, I have to say in person they were quite different from how their aggression when it comes to all things internet makes them come across. But then again it was an informal environment and not public, so I don't know how they are when  doing actual "business" with them.

As for a possible language barrier someone else here pointed out - their english is just fine. For some reason, they just seem to hate all things internet.

49 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Not to assume where you are from, but could your perception of his personality be a cultural or language barrier thing? The classic case of someone thinking a foreigner is weird, when they are different due to cultural or difference of language reasons. 

Fernando was born and raised in the USA. 

Just now, ToonGuns said:

What a sorry and depressing state of affairs all round. Was there ever another band with such a vast chasm between potential and reality?

I've thought about this before - I genuinely can't think of another band even close on that front. 

The years and years of wasted talent, potential and opportunities are absolutely remarkable. Almost impressive!

• Like 2