Team Brazil being fucking idiots

And GN’R are doing such a good job promoting themselves. Their latest NITL selects was another trainwreck.

Why are we so forgiving when it comes to this band. Axl is well on his way to become the next Vince Neill, he just sounds horrible. Every tour I hope he did something to improve but it’s been a downward spiral since 2006.

Edited by YOUCOULDBEMINE.
  • Like 2

Wow! 

I have been away from this forum for quite some time. Now I came back and the first thing I saw is this thread and Brando‘s speech.

Hearing this I am even more happy that I didn’t bought any tickets for the upcoming shows. These fuckers shouldn’t be supported any longer. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Amen

He seems like a cool guy who appreciates the fans, but yes he definitely got lucky. If Axl hadn't hired him he would be another no name musician from LA.

Dizzy won the lotto. GNR might not have made him wealthy, but it has given him an incredible life. 

2 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

I have no idea who wrote this on GNR Source, I don't remember that well. But yeah, that kind of stuff began back then. 

I believe Axl got out of his house to promete stuff. He was excited with the first batch of Andy Wallace's mixing on CD songs, that later leaked (I believe the Antiquiet leaks were those songs) and the European tour was already in the works, presumably to finance the record. Nevertheless, the Sanctuary stuff was sour indeed. 

Merck is doing quite well now. I bet Axl regrets letting go of his songs rights for 19 million. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GoBucky said:

The band had 3 original members from late 91-93. The band has 3 original members from 2016-current. 

From 91-93 GNR was a band. 

From 2016-current GNR is a brand.

Today the 3 original members from back than run an enterprise. Nothing more, nothing less. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Arnuld said:

@Gambit83 Is this all because you are writing a book with Doug? Maybe TB knows Doug knows a lot of shit that doesn’t fit the narrative they have been creating for the last decade (such as the delays with CD were all because of the label, every manager before them tried to force a reunion, nothing was ever Axl’s fault ect…) just a thought…..

Nah, it’s been stress almost since the beginning. I’d interview a current or former member and a few times it got back to me the camp was upset. Sometimes by the guest themselves, who then also get stressed.

Just having former managers on my podcast was enough, way before I became friendly with Niven or working with Doug, I’m looked at like “food poisoning.” Those are NOT words from TB, but another management to show as an example as what I’ve dealt with. If XYZ was a chef, why would they work at a restaurant called Food Poisoning (Appetite for Distortion). Again, that is not at all from TB. But perhaps, unfortunately, they see it the same way. Then again, like a restaurant I rely on reviews. That’s all that should matter. 😎

Edited by Gambit83
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Amen

He seems like a cool guy who appreciates the fans, but yes he definitely got lucky. If Axl hadn't hired him he would be another no name musician from LA.

Axl is loyal. Dizzy has always been loyal to Axl. Same reason why we still have Frank and Richard. We got Melissa because Pitman was no longer loyal to Axl. 

3 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Axl is loyal. Dizzy has always been loyal to Axl. Same reason why we still have Frank and Richard. We got Melissa because Pitman was no longer loyal to Axl. 

I think he genuinely likes Richards guitar playing, he's the only other guitarist besides Slash that he's noticeably got off on things that he plays and he has on more than one occasion told him to play on during Heavens door etc. But in general, yes! if you stay loyal there is a place for you with Axl. But there's no way he's playing with musicians he doesn't think are good, if he didn't like Frank he'd have been gone after 2007. Pitman would still be there if he didn't rant online (assuming he wasn't fired already by that point)

1 minute ago, Tom2112 said:

I think he genuinely likes Richards guitar playing, he's the only other guitarist besides Slash that he's noticeably got off on things that he plays and he has on more than one occasion told him to play on during Heavens door etc. But in general, yes! if you stay loyal there is a place for you with Axl. But there's no way he's playing with musicians he doesn't think are good, if he didn't like Frank he'd have been gone after 2007. Pitman would still be there if he didn't rant online (assuming he wasn't fired already by that point)

Richard's a scorpio, unless you betray those people the will stand by you through thick and thin no matter what, I could totally see Axl appreciating that personality trait just as much as Richard's guitaring.

As for Frank, he must be related to Axl or something, no way in hell can anyone in his right mind prefer Frank over Steven when Steven is available.

2 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

Richard's a scorpio, unless you betray those people the will stand by you through thick and thin no matter what, I could totally see Axl appreciating that personality trait just as much as Richard's guitaring.

As for Frank, he must be related to Axl or something, no way in hell can anyone in his right mind prefer Frank over Steven when Steven is available.

It's Stevens personality that prevents him from being there more consistently. He would just come straight out and say things too, he couldn't keep a secret... for that reason alone I wish he was in GNR again! He'd be a great source🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

And some posters in the “does anybody care ?” said I and others were being too negative because we were finding it hard to care about the band. Yeah horse shit like this is one of the reasons why I and many others aren’t as bothered as we used to be. If they’d ever fucking listened to Brandos podcast(which I have both audio and video) they’d know it’s a podcast about GNR that is anything but a negative. Imagine going out of your way to nix free publicity for a band that needs it. And the argument about whether it’s TB going on a solo run, or it’s getting directives from Axl or whatever combination it is, it’s still a mess and they seem hell bent on annoying the fans and not trying to engage with them, unlike what like nearly every other band does with a lot of success and it shows. 

Again brando I’m only one listener but I’ll keep listening and I’m sure many others will too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

It's not that Frank is a bad drummer or can't play, it's that he's doing all these weird things with the classic GnR material. For comparison see any video of SMKC playing GnR songs and listen to Fitzy; if you weren't looking you might think it's Steven/Matt on the kit.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

On 7/14/2021 at 8:37 PM, MaskingApathy said:

Yeah Dizzy and Fortus will do whatever they're told. They both know that without GnR they would be playing small clubs with Hookers & Blow and the Dead Daisies and would eventually fade into obscurity (which imo is where they belong). 

The same Dead Daisies who played Wacken a few years ago? Or just released an album with Glenn Hughes? C'mon man, they are hardly beginners.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

It's not that Frank is a bad drummer or can't play, it's that he's doing all these weird things with the classic GnR material. For comparison see any video of SMKC playing GnR songs and listen to Fitzy; if you weren't looking you might think it's Steven/Matt on the kit.

I like Brent and I like Frank. My only gripe with Frank is when he changes the fills in places like  the intro / exit of the choruses in Yesterdays, it just sounds wrong, there are a few more cases just like this too. I don't really care that he adds ghost notes or changes up a beat here or there though. For example I like his Mr Brownstone, it's different but I think it works just fine and makes the song a bit more bouncy live. I prefer the original versions but Frank isn't Steven and to a point they have given the green light to play some things his way. Before 2016 I would have said that I liked 80% of what he does live, now I'd say it's closer to 60%. I guess he leans more on the Adler side of sloppiness these days, and less on technical Matt side like he used to do 2006-2014.

I think Brent is an out and out great drummer, but he is kinda the definition of utility player (although he can write parts). Frank wasn't really a session guy, he basically played with a bunch of bands, got known for being reliable and solid and he landed GNR. I have no doubt that if Axl or Slash went to Frank and said "learn the songs exact to the record" he'd play them effortlessly. I guess he's under the assumption that he is balancing his style with the other two. I don't really think he's playing as well as he could, but I also believe his playing now his the result of coaching... which I know a lot of people disagree with😄

9 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

The same Dead Daisies who played Wacken a few years ago? Or just released an album with Glenn Hughes? C'mon man, they are hardly beginners.

True, but they are not and never will be headlining festivals, playing stadiums or headlining larger than 4/5000 capacity venues. The band is filled with big names though, they aren't some new underground act. 

The idea that Richard / Melissa / Frank would be destitute if GNR let them go is funny though. How did these people survive before GNR came a calling? better start a gofundme campaign. Obviously Dizzy was almost destitute when Axl called so that one is valid😄

Edited by Tom2112

22 hours ago, Nesret said:

Dustin Bones is the guy who replaced Axl as vocalist a few years ago. In all seriousness - he creates song-parodies with Axl's current "voice" - for example, seach "Don't Go Breaking My Heart". Hilarious stuff

Thanks for this! Hilarious and way too accurate! That Kickstart My Heart is so funny on so many levels. Those background vocals by "Duff" are the cherry on top!

3 hours ago, 19AT5 said:

Hardly beginners but they have essentially paid there way to where they are. I don’t think Glenn Hughes is there ONLY because of artistic pride.

15 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

Hardly beginners but they have essentially paid there way to where they are. I don’t think Glenn Hughes is there ONLY because of artistic pride.

It's financed by a millionaire, who's living out his rockstar dream. We'd all do it😄

10 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

It's financed by a millionaire billionaire, who's living out his rockstar dream. We'd all do it😄

Fixed it for you :P

Oh, 1000%. - in a heartbeat I would be doing the same, if not even more decadent.

My only point with it is to say that this isn't quite an underground steadily climbing the ladder - they do have a financier who's wallet is clearly opening doors.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

Oh, 1000%. - in a heartbeat I would be doing the same, if not even more decadent.

My only point with it is to say that this isn't quite an underground steadily climbing the ladder - they do have a financier who's wallet is clearly opening doors.

More decadent.

I'd have the motley crue dancers on poles, and that would just be backstage!😄 I have to contact him, I'll play for half what Doug is on! 

I'd say they are on a very secure salary, there is a reason that so many bigger name session players are in and out of that gig.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

Why would does this mean that they have someone who finances them?

Couldn't it just be that they have connections from having played with a lot of people (either being in bands, or touring with big names, or doing session work for them etc.)?