Where do we go??? Final 6 shows

44 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I still think there's a possibility that it gets released without being played, ie. at some point after the tour.

Even if nothing comes out, Slash will start doing interviews - probably next month - to promote the new SMKC and he'll be inevitably asked about GnR, too (and about HS specifically, since he has shared the souncheck clip), so he'll have to say something, even if it's not a straight answer.

I don't think he will be asked specifically about Hard Skool, but he'll be asked if any more new music is coming from GNR.

2 minutes ago, jamillos said:

He can always agree on "no GNR questions" with the given guy, though. 

He may do that with smaller outlets or podcasts etc., but I don't think he can avoid it in the case of bigger outlets like Rolling Stone, for example.

He'll probably be asked about Absurd, too. I don't expect him, of course, to say anything specific about release dates, but we may get interesting information about what they've done, even why they released Absurd first and if HS will follow.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

He may do that with smaller outlets or podcasts etc., but I don't think he can avoid it in the case of bigger outlets like Rolling Stone, for example.

He'll probably be asked about Absurd, too. I don't expect him, of course, to say anything specific about release dates, but we may get interesting information about what they've done, even why they released Absurd first and if HS will follow.

I'm interested to hear what he says about Absurd.

• Like 3

I'm sure a few carrots will be dangled just to keep us interested enough until the next GNR tour, without us hearing anything of real significance :lol:

Can't say I blame them really, it's kept me hooked for the last 20 years so it's obviously working :rofl-lol:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pele said:

Russ, you're idea of me speaking to 'insiders' is false.

'Insiders' are generally 'insiders' because they claim to have detailed information about new songs that the rest of us haven't heard.

I say the exact opposite.

It's obvious he has recorded vocals after 99.  Some of them are on the album.

I have given my shtick over and over but people seem to mis-interpenetrate.  He had a creative period in 98-99 when he wrote/recorded the bulk of his work.  He had a brief flashes of inspiration where he recorded in 05/06/07.  I believe the output here was much, much smaller and we've heard everything.

I believe everything we hear in the future, we've already heard, and it's very very average.

How exactly do you know how much stuff he wrote and when, though? We know there are dozens of songs from 99–2000, some of them ending up on those Village CDs with vocals, some of them without (but we can assume lyrics had existed at that point). However, that’s just a year or two. But how do you know what he did during 2003–2005, for example? He could have written/recorded the same amount of stuff. The similar applies to 2006–09 or later, although there was less time between individual tour legs. In any case, all we got to hear was the Village demos, which is from ca 2000 and yet we didn’t get our hands on it until almost 20 years later. We have no idea – and there’s nothing to substantiate any claims with – how much he writes or composes in privacy when he has time. And we know the CD sequel was planned before the reunion. 
So all this "small output", creativity vs. brief flashes – not to mention judging the quality of songs we’ve never even heard – you’re talking about is just unsubstantiated conjecture. 

What you always seem to be mixing together is the fact how much unreleased material we’ve heard (or heard of) vs. how much there may be (given the time and all). You’re deriving the latter from the former, yet there’s no real logic behind it, these are just your feelings. And I’m not taking them away from you, but your narrative gives the impression of constant claiming, asserting things, which is ridiculous. 
Don’t forget this is GN’R – aka we "know" very little to nothing, as usual. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, jamillos said:

How exactly do you know how much stuff he wrote and when, though? We know there are dozens of songs from 99–2000, some of them ending up on those Village CDs with vocals, some of them without (but we can assume lyrics had existed at that point). However, that’s just a year or two. But how do you know what he did during 2003–2005, for example? He could have written/recorded the same amount of stuff. The similar applies to 2006–09 or later, although there was less time between individual tour legs. In any case, all we got to hear was the Village demos, which is from ca 2000 and yet we didn’t get our hands on it until almost 20 years later. We have no idea – and there’s nothing to substantiate any claims with – how much he writes or composes in privacy when he has time. And we know the CD sequel was planned before the reunion. 
So all this "small output", creativity vs. brief flashes – not to mention judging the quality of songs we’ve never even heard – you’re talking about is just unsubstantiated conjecture. 

What you always seem to be mixing together is the fact how much unreleased material we’ve heard (or heard of) vs. how much there may be (given the time and all). You’re deriving the latter from the former, yet there’s no real logic behind it, these are just your feelings. And I’m not taking them away from you, but your narrative gives the impression of constant claiming, asserting things, which is ridiculous. 
Don’t forget this is GN’R – aka we "know" very little to nothing, as usual. 

All good and valid points, and you've done it without throwing insults, so thank you.

Ultimately, it now comes down to your belief on what this guy has been doing over the last 20 years and what 'The Vault' consists of.

Some believe (or at least hope) that the Village Sessions are a small snapshot of an early vault that happened to leak, and it's just a fraction of the work.

I believe that outside of a handful of songs he worked on in 05/06/07, that the Village Sessions IS The Vault, and nearly all of those instrumentals you've heard weren't touched since (by Axl), and you've already heard his contribution to the next album.

Hopefully we'll all see soon enough but sadly I doubt it.

13 hours ago, willl said:

I'm sure a few carrots will be dangled just to keep us interested enough until the next GNR tour, without us hearing anything of real significance :lol:

Can't say I blame them really, it's kept me hooked for the last 20 years so it's obviously working :rofl-lol:

I think you're exactly right.

We'll probably go through this whole thing again with Atlas Shrugged......

1 hour ago, Pele said:

All good and valid points, and you've done it without throwing insults, so thank you.

Ultimately, it now comes down to your belief on what this guy has been doing over the last 20 years and what 'The Vault' consists of.

Some believe (or at least hope) that the Village Sessions are a small snapshot of an early vault that happened to leak, and it's just a fraction of the work.

I believe that outside of a handful of songs he worked on in 05/06/07, that the Village Sessions IS The Vault, and nearly all of those instrumentals you've heard weren't touched since (by Axl), and you've already heard his contribution to the next album.

You're exactly right until we see don't know, however given the amount of time that has passed since 1999 and the little we know what goes on in Axls private home/studio it's seems ridiculous to me to believe what you believe so hard, which is basically as jamillos said a feeling you have, one you developed while knowing fuck all basically.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

1 hour ago, Pele said:

Bud, you cannot seriously believe that the locker leaks comprises most if not all of Axl’s vault. I’ve seen a video where Tom Zutaut himself states outright that there’s a tonne of music. Just a shame we never f’n see any of it 🤣

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I still think there's a possibility that it gets released without being played, ie. at some point after the tour. 

I think they've shown at this point that they won't be releasing anything unless they're touring. If they were going to do that we would have had stuff in 2020 imo.

Edited by Jw224

57 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Bud, you cannot seriously believe that the locker leaks comprises most if not all of Axl’s vault. I’ve seen a video where Tom Zutaut himself states outright that there’s a tonne of music. Just a shame we never f’n see any of it 🤣

Don't get sucked in to his weird repetitive game of trolling. 

1 hour ago, gavgnr said:

Oh I absolutely believe it.  I 100% believe the locker leaks comprises most of Axl's vault.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Pele said:

Oh I absolutely believe it.  I 100% believe the locker leaks comprises most of Axl's vault.

Again, you keep asserting these things. But based on... what exactly? There is this great phrase that I like: The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence. ;)

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

I can’t believe we’re down to the final six shows. What a bummer.  All this speculation on “Hard Skool” and the surprise debut and release of “Absurd” has been frustrating and fun. I don’t want another long period of no tour dates AND no new music. 

5 now

• Haha 1