Jump to content

Axl Jungle isolated vocals


GS67

Recommended Posts

Just now, MrSoftie said:

Absolutely. I used to watch him years ago and he would shit on Axl all the time. But I guess it's cool to like Guns again :lol:

I know, and then you hear his own versions of NR and paradise city and are just baffled how generic they sound when he sings them. It's funny considering he seems to think that he's a superior singer over Axl, even though he sounds just like every other rock cover band singer.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Homefuck said:

Yeah, he does come across as someone full of himself. 

I find it hilarious when these so called "vocal experts" or "vocal coaches" that have never made a career for themselves beyond being unknown coaches or experts -- that only have become somewhat known due to the wonderful worldwide reach of social media and youtube -- are overly critical of those that have actually made a huge successful career out of their music and performances.

It'd be like me being critical of Michael Jordan's jump shot or the mechanics of how Tom Brady throws the football or how Michael Jackson danced -- as if I would be any better or knowledgeable about any of it.

I get that everyone has an opinion. But that doesn't mean the opinion is credible or worthwhile.

As for the isolated vocals themselves, they don't sound right because too much is lost in the extrapolation/isolation process. I'm sure any of the other instruments isolated would have the same result.

Edited by thunderram
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That guy is so cringe 🤣 like, he’s about as rock n roll as a nun, his voice is nothing special at all and he has a very weird tongue, like he uses his tongue when he sings in a uncomfortable way, he’s probably satisfied many women with that tongue though so fair play 🤷‍♂️

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I posted these videos a few days back in a different thread. Ken is actually a good dude with incredible range. The “weird thing he does with his tongue” is actually a technique to open up the throat wider in order to get better range. Singers are taught to sing with their tongues pushed as far forward as possible. Axl himself does this, his tongue just doesn’t roll like Ken’s. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, thunderram said:

I find it hilarious when these so called "vocal experts" or "vocal coaches" that have never made a career for themselves beyond being unknown coaches or experts -- that only have become somewhat known due to the wonderful worldwide reach of social media and youtube -- are overly critical of those that have actually made a huge successful career out of their music and performances.

It'd be like me being critical of Michael Jordan's jump shot or the mechanics of how Tom Brady throws the football or how Michael Jackson danced -- as if I would be any better or knowledgeable about any of it.

I get that everyone has an opinion. But that doesn't mean the opinion is credible or worthwhile.

As for the isolated vocals themselves, they don't sound right because too much is lost in the extrapolation/isolation process. I'm sure any of the other instruments isolated would have the same result.

100% agree!

1 hour ago, Paulywauly said:

That guy is so cringe 🤣 like, he’s about as rock n roll as a nun, his voice is nothing special at all and he has a very weird tongue, like he uses his tongue when he sings in a uncomfortable way, he’s probably satisfied many women with that tongue though so fair play 🤷‍♂️

Or dudes. I’m guessing a lot of dudes

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've seen a few of his videos over the years. He definitely knows his shit when it comes to technique, but my bigger issue is that the format of his videos is awful. Most of them could probably be condensed to like five minutes but he pads them out. He plugs his courses a lot, which is fine, but often he just repeats the same things over and over again when he gets rambling. He also quite often gets facts wrong regarding bands. I get that he's probably just recalling from memory but it's the type of thing that he could look up five minutes before shooting and thus improve the quality of his videos. The editing and general format could be a lot tighter in that regard.

I don't really care for his voice but technically speaking he knows what he's doing. It's just a voice without much character.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

i don't like reaction videos on YouTube.

I think it's stupid too. It's almost like people can't enjoy that type of stuff with actual people when they show them a funny video, which is probably the case for many, so I get the appeal of living vicariously through those videos, but I still find it odd, even being part of that world.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I think it's stupid too. It's almost like people can't enjoy that type of stuff with actual people when they show them a funny video, which is probably the case for many, so I get the appeal of living vicariously through those videos, but I still find it odd, even being part of that world.

did the word "vicariously" enter your vocabulary as a result from hearing/watching axl's warren beatty-rant from paris '92? It did for me, my username as well, obviously :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Homefuck said:

did the word "vicariously" enter your vocabulary as a result from hearing/watching axl's warren beatty-rant from paris '92? It did for me, my username as well, obviously :)

It had not, actually but that is pretty funny! I probably got it from my boss.

  • GNFNR 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...