Hard Skool Officially Released at Midnight - Sept 24

On 1/14/2022 at 6:17 PM, RedHook said:

He may not deserve a writing credit for his Remix, but Slash n Duff got one for basically copying it.

I'd guess the reason for that is because Slash and Duff may have negotiated to ensure they'd be compensated/credited on any officially released material regardless of their (lack of) creative input, as people knowing they're back involved will obviously make the purchase knowing they're involved. That will most likely be a running theme with all future releases of Guns N' Roses.

I said elsewhere that having the credits as 'Guns N' Roses' could also mean that some of the alumni may be under that umbrella. If Going Down was officially released and the songwriters were listed as Guns N' Roses, it's possible that Tommy may be thrown in there under GNR too. 

Just my two cents.

• Like 2

This is the reply I got from the GNR help email address after asking them to clear up whether the Nightrain membership vinyl is a 12" or a 7" single:

Dear Jack,

Thank you for contacting us. Regarding your question, we reviewed the fan club website. The 2022 fan club gift consist of the "Limited-Edition 7" Clear Vinyl". The picture might only be an image to demonstrate the 2022 gift. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Sincerely,

Jerry

Nightrain Fan Club

Going off that maybe it is a 7", but tbh I guess they have no real idea. It appears all they've done is look at the useless website. I wont bother signing up to Nightrain!

7 hours ago, jackparker123 said:

This is the reply I got from the GNR help email address after asking them to clear up whether the Nightrain membership vinyl is a 12" or a 7" single:

Dear Jack,

Thank you for contacting us. Regarding your question, we reviewed the fan club website. The 2022 fan club gift consist of the "Limited-Edition 7" Clear Vinyl". The picture might only be an image to demonstrate the 2022 gift. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Sincerely,

Jerry

Nightrain Fan Club

Going off that maybe it is a 7", but tbh I guess they have no real idea. It appears all they've done is look at the useless website. I wont bother signing up to Nightrain!

That can't be right. Russ said it wouldn't fit. And he's an expert.

13 hours ago, Coma16 said:

That can't be right. Russ said it wouldn't fit. And he's an expert.

You can fit as much music as you want on any size record. It'll sound like shit, but you can do it. 

Also, I never said anything about being any sort of expert on vinyl but I'm glad you think I am ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

You can fit as much music as you want on any size record. It'll sound like shit, but you can do it. 

Also, I never said anything about being any sort of expert on vinyl but I'm glad you think I am ;)

I think you're an expert, or at least the best expert we have on this forum. But let's not pretend that you didn't say it wasn't a 7" or that there wasn't enough space.

"There isn't enough room on a 7" single for the music they're saying will be on there. 

The term "7" single" is an obvious typo. 

Thej again, what would the vinyl collectors know on this site, right?"

1 hour ago, Coma16 said:

I think you're an expert, or at least the best expert we have on this forum. But let's not pretend that you didn't say it wasn't a 7" or that there wasn't enough space.

"There isn't enough room on a 7" single for the music they're saying will be on there. 

The term "7" single" is an obvious typo. 

Thej again, what would the vinyl collectors know on this site, right?"

A typical 7" single is at 45rpm. There wouldn't be room for the music they're saying is on there at 45rpm. Could they do it at 33rpm? Sure, but it'll be most likely cause a degradation in sound quality, which is why people rarely do it. On top of that, they obviously put a picture of a 12" single in the photo as a mock up. 

I know you know these things, but for whatever reason you chose to argue with me over semantics. GN'R put out a wildly confusing offer, which doesn't help anyone who might be interested in it. That was my point the whole time which again, I'm certain you're aware of. 

21 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

A typical 7" single is at 45rpm. There wouldn't be room for the music they're saying is on there at 45rpm. Could they do it at 33rpm? Sure, but it'll be most likely cause a degradation in sound quality, which is why people rarely do it. On top of that, they obviously put a picture of a 12" single in the photo as a mock up. 

I know you know these things, but for whatever reason you chose to argue with me over semantics. GN'R put out a wildly confusing offer, which doesn't help anyone who might be interested in it. That was my point the whole time which again, I'm certain you're aware of. 

I dont believe it is semantics. My WS Icky Thump 7 inch and Elvis If I can Dream 7 inch look no different from the fanclub image (granted, they are both 45rpm). You continued to state they made a typo and it was, in fact, a 12 inch record, which likely caused more confusion. Time will tell what it actually is. I'm just glad they're finally offering physical music as part of the fanclub.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

I dont believe it is semantics. My WS Icky Thump 7 inch and Elvis If I can Dream 7 inch look no different from the fanclub image (granted, they are both 45rpm). You continued to state they made a typo and it was, in fact, a 12 inch record, which likely caused more confusion. Time will tell what it actually is. I'm just glad they're finally offering physical music as part of the fanclub.

Lord be with me.....the picture they used for the original 7" HS single is a 7" record. The picture they used for the Nightrain exclusive record is a 12" record. Those are facts, which is why I started them. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Lord be with me.....the picture they used for the original 7" HS single is a 7" record. The picture they used for the Nightrain exclusive record is a 12" record. Those are facts, which is why I started them. 

It’s like talking to a brick wall ain’t it?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Atlas19 said:

Hey, it looks like the Hard Skool EP is coming faster than the original release date. The new shipping dates in the official merch is January 28th now, for all 3 formats, cd, cassete and vinyl

https://gnrmerch.com/products/hard-skool-cd

Tremendous. Really looking forward to dropping Hard Skool on the turntable. Thanks for letting us know, Team Brazil should hire you as an SLO!

• Haha 1

HOLY SHIT. I just got a shipping notification for the 7"! I cannot believe GN'R did something early!! 

I thought the very same thing, LOL. Are these shipping from the US? I ordered the Robocop t-shirt from the Detroit show last year and it took a couple of weeks or so to get here in Italy, as far as I remember. Fingers crossed.

39 minutes ago, Twinaleblood said:

I thought the very same thing, LOL. Are these shipping from the US? I ordered the Robocop t-shirt from the Detroit show last year and it took a couple of weeks or so to get here in Italy, as far as I remember. Fingers crossed.

I'm thinking they're shipping from the US, yeah. My email had a tracking number for the US Postal Service at least. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'm thinking they're shipping from the US, yeah. My email had a tracking number for the US Postal Service at least. 

It’s shipping from Ferndale, MI. @RussTCB, you’ll be the first one here to get it :headbang:

• GNFNR 2

29 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

It’s shipping from Ferndale, MI. @RussTCB, you’ll be the first one here to get it :headbang:

9 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Whoa, I didn't even realize that! Ferndale is about 30 minutes from me. I wonder if it might show up tomorrow. 

Ferndale?! I guess I could walk to get my copy :lol:

• Like 1