Hard Skool Officially Released at Midnight - Sept 24

32 minutes ago, Atlas19 said:

Has somedody in Europe receive the shipping email yet? Not my case....

It looks like only shipped orders from the US yet

Yeah I got mine yesterday too. It’ll just be a matter of time.

23 minutes ago, drlaban said:

I can see the headline already. CRAZY GNR FAN COUGHT TRESPASSING RECORD PLANT. 

For any journalists reading, always proof read your headlines.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Atlas19 said:

Has somedody in Europe receive the shipping email yet? Not my case....

It looks like only shipped orders from the US yet

Yes, I got mine yesterday. I'm living in Sweden!

I wonder how long the shipping time will be? It says express shipping but I'm not expecting it to arrive here for a couple of weeks.

Edited by youngswedishvinyl

13 hours ago, RussTCB said:

The records shipping from Ferndale Michigan makes me wonder if they were pressed at the Third Man Records pressing plant downtown Detroit. If so, I should go there and see if they're pressing anything else from GN'R. 

You can't just say this and not go check, dude!

I'm pumped for the physical release. Yeah, I'll basically file the CD and vinyl away in one of my Locked and Loaded cabinets. But it's still cool to hold the first physical GNR release in 14 years. Might make me spring for the Nightrain package too, 'cause I'm a moron.

It's been 14 years of silence. It's been 14 years of pain.

13 hours ago, RussTCB said:

The records shipping from Ferndale Michigan makes me wonder if they were pressed at the Third Man Records pressing plant downtown Detroit. If so, I should go there and see if they're pressing anything else from GN'R. 

You are now beholden to this honourable and noble tasketh good sir 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GnR Chris said:

You can't just say this and not go check, dude!

I'll go there to check once I see the runout on the deadwax of the vinyl. If it was pressed at TMR, I'll go do some investigation. 

24 minutes ago, Twinaleblood said:

Hey @RussTCB, @ZoSoRose or whoever receives it first, may I ask if you can please post a bunch of pictures when you get it, so us in Europe can see how it looks like (back cover, label...) while we are waiting? :)

I am terrible at trying to post pics on this site, but I'll do my best :)

7 minutes ago, scottish nutter said:

I hate these silly eps, 2 newish songs with 2 live songs? the 2 new songs are not very good either imo.  atleast lies had 8 songs and all were good

GN'R fanbase are like a packed of starved hyenas, scarfing down what amounts to lunchmeat.

Edited by oneway23
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, scottish nutter said:

I hate these silly eps, 2 newish songs with 2 live songs? the 2 new songs are not very good either imo.  atleast lies had 8 songs and all were good

The people who dish out the most money for vinyl don't even get the 2 live "bonus" tracks. Unless it comes with a digital code?

3 hours ago, scottish nutter said:

Well, to be fair, You’re Crazy had already been released twice, and the entire first side had been released 2 years earlier so we only got 3 new songs on Lies, all of which had been played and broadcast live. Of course, all 8 of those are killer songs! My favorite was and remains Reckless Life with Patience a close second even though I have heard it about a 1000 times 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Man I really hope so!! Every record I have from Third man sounds excellent. This is too much getting the EP early and having it pressed at a decent plant. Almost too much to believe LOL!!

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

19 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I should be able to tell from the runout on the deadwax if it was pressed at TMR. 

If it was, it'll be very easy to investigate possible other pressings. The pressing plant has a huge window so you can see it operating 24/7

Doesn’t all of the merch ship from there? It looks familiar 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I'm not sure actually. Maybe it does? I feel like I would've noticed previously, but maybe not. 

Just checked my emails and the last batch of stuff I ordered came from there. Could just be where things are warehoused 

Edited by guitarpatch
  • Like 1