Hard Skool Officially Released at Midnight - Sept 24

Just now, muzzay1130 said:

Well yeah but after hearing so many gnr concerts.. ive memorised Richard's tone and Slash's guitar tone so I know if it's their playing or not

Good to know we have the oracle here then to put the whole argument to rest! 

You do realise comments like this come of as a bit ridiculous right?! 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

People waiting to hear officially if Frank drumming on it.

They'll need to praise the drumming if it's anyone but Frank or shit it on it if it is Frank. Certainly cannot comment prior to knowing for sure. 

For me it’s 1/2 and 1/2. It’s pretty straight forward and bland. If it were brain he’d have more ghost notes on the snare, a bit more bass pedal work, ect. It’s solid but basic. Gets the job done whoever it is. If it’s Frank his drums sound much better in the studio than live

• Like 1

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

It sounds very much like a 'mash up' to me. Which makes sense when you think about how CD was recorded. 

It's possible we'll never find out! I'm not sure we ever go to the bottom of SOYL! 

Y'all got so confused about SOYL. It was just remixed and remastered stems from back in the day. Bit of time alignment here and there, more processing for sure, but it's all still the boys from back then.

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Good to know we have the oracle here then to put the whole argument to rest! 

You do realise comments like this come of as a bit ridiculous right?! 

I guess it may sound ridiculous.. I could be wrong, Im not saying Im right... We can just wait for the official credits. 

• Like 1

This is greatttttt!!!!

Man, the bridge vocals are NOT coming from Eye on You. WTF is wrong with some people 😂 If you actually listen you can tell that the melody and even the timing is different. The scream in the bridge section to the chorus transition is nice! I love how it suddenly stops. The slide solo is cool. Last chorus vocals are definitely new, and some of the verses sound new too (in b4 Pele).

Overall, love the song. I need to get used to these new drums.

• Like 2