Hard Skool Officially Released at Midnight - Sept 24

9 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

If you're referring to me, you've got it all wrong. I've always liked Frank, and I don't care for Brain at all, besides songwriting. I was annoyed at the celebration that Frank was left off Absurd and was hopeful this is actually him.

I wasn't referring to you or anyone specifically. Just the general "I hate Frank" crowd who are waiting to hear if he drummed on this before they decide to praise it or shit on it. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, GS67 said:

I don’t think the reviews were all that bad for Absurd. 

Well every person I played it for thought it was shit and to be honest so do I! Though I have tried listening to it a fair bit but just couldn't get into it. Bizarrely though, I now prefer the original Silkworms demo. Still trying to figure it out myself!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

Shout out to all the investigators who called this over the last few days. 🤣

Also - it’s almost guaranteed to be getting played tonight! :headbang:

So we are releasing a new sobg at midnight! Anyway, here is a nice love song to calm you all down… *plays absurd* knowing gnr lmao

3 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

What i really like about HS is that it sounds like a GN'R song now. The demo was cool (and i liked the vocals more there), but now HS is very reminiscent of their old school rockers like It's So Easy, only a little more busier, lol. Straight, hard and to the point.

That’s a valid point. The new version is way more nostalgic, and if nostalgia is your thing, then there you go!

3 minutes ago, Manfisman said:

Download any free VPN extension like: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tunnelbear-vpn/omdakjcmkglenbhjadbccaookpfjihpa?hl=es. Connect via Australia

Then go to the official Youtube link, and listen how many times you want :)

Thanks for posting this. This is a much better way to go about it than ignoring the rule to not ask for links as others keep doing. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GS67 said:

You think this forum is a wildfire right now… wait till it’s played live tonight and maybe just maybe we get alerted of an album on the way 

I think we'll get a live album by Christmas with these two studio tracks tacked on. Just my guess. 

• Like 1

Axl's voice shreds on this version.

Pretty cool version even though I loved the one that leaked two years ago. Kinda miss what I assume was Robin's lead on the bridge between the choruses and the verses.

Pretty dope to get a clean version after all. Can't believe they are actually releasing music.

Will buy it as soon as it gets released here so good job GnR and whoever is responsible for getting this released.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GoForJMark said:

I think Pele was just inside of all of us all along. Our minds created him due to lack of new songs. Now Hard Skool is out and he doesn't exist. 

Just now, Live Like a Suicide said:

Say 'Pele' in the mirror three times and he will reappear saying Atlas Shrugged will be the next single.

Close. If you say Pele in the mirror three times, you hear 99 vocals. 

Just now, GS67 said:

I sure hope that’s not the plan 

Me too. 

• Haha 3