Hard Skool Officially Released at Midnight - Sept 24

4 minutes ago, duffgnr86 said:

Will ABSURD stay on the setlist with this new track released?

I should think so, its not exactly a challenging song for Axl to sing, and its not too long either so its not taking up that much time in the set (its not like a Coma length song!) 

This rhythm guitar work shows the difference between the mechanical/industrial repetitive riffs of the old demo and the spiced up sweet and very unique Slash groove .A little touch and sounds so different!

• Like 3

Axl hates recording new vocals so much he even took parts from Eye On You :lol:.

Don't get too upset with that comment, it's made completely in jest. I absolutely loved the demo of this song and the final version is even better than that. Great day to be a GN'R fan :headbang:

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, FabioRoses said:

Who else is on 100th time hearing this song?

Yup. I was actually asleep, got messaged about this which woke me up and now I'm listening over and over. Kind of in shock.

I like Eye On You so if they have chopped it up I hope we get the main vocals in another song. "I know you think you're bad but who's ya Mac Daddy?" would be a very GNR outro line.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

It's not tapping and it's not Bucket. To me sounds like a really fast vibrato. And yeah, this one really sounds like Richard is in left channel. Hope it is him indeed. 

Like I posted before, the Spotify link (even though the song is still not available here) has the credits as Guns N' Roses for both writing and performance. It also says the source is Geffen.

easier to credit it as guns n roses i guess. 

And the tone doesnt sound like the Bucket part from the village leak at all. 

I'm saying 4tus.

10 minutes ago, koldbeer2 said:

I should think so, its not exactly a challenging song for Axl to sing, and its not too long either so its not taking up that much time in the set (its not like a Coma length song!) 

It'd get in the way of the last 11 minutes of Knockin' though...

48 minutes ago, Manfisman said:

Download any free VPN extension like: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tunnelbear-vpn/omdakjcmkglenbhjadbccaookpfjihpa?hl=es. Connect via Australia

Then go to the official Youtube link, and listen how many times you want :)

2 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

How do I actually hear it then?  

Above and below. 

Just now, Gibson87 said:

1. Install TunnelBear VPN

2. Change your location to Australia/NZ

3. Go onto YT and search for Hard Skool

2 minutes ago, FabioRoses said:

What's next on our radar? What's the next song that we should wait for?

KOHD with 99 vocals. 

• Like 1

The original was far superior in my opinion. A much more musical , dynamic and cohesive song. 

The original intro was beautiful . Duffs intro sounds out of place . Slash’s guitar work on the song sounds random , doesn’t fit with the vibe of the song . 

The Chinese democracy era of GNR was very special , very talented musicians . Intricate, layered, technical rock ‘n’ roll for the 2000s.

Velvet Revolver was very special as well . Heavy, groove oriented, tight old school style rock.

This hybrid line up sounds … off . They should have started from scratch rather than having slash and duff add overdubs and changes to already recorded songs . The fact that they are releasing 20 year old songs makes me realize they are very hard up for new material.

Edited by Muddy
  • Like 2
  • Confused 5
  • ABSUЯD 2