Hard Skool Officially Released at Midnight - Sept 24

5 minutes ago, fantomas said:

Nice! I should have waited, but here we are :) It does sound really good through the home system though. Can't wait to buy it officially on vinyl.

Oh I didn't wait either lol. I played it a few times through my laptop 😂 

I'm excited to hear it in better quality tomorrow and very excited (of course) to get it on vinyl too! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

Who wrote the lyrics? Who composed the music? What is the song about? What was the inspiration for it? Chords? Tabs? Will an album follow?

I don't fucking care anymore.

Too little, too late.

Just one bloody fucking mess.

In another universe from 20 years ago, my 20-something old me might have been interested in it.

If anything I might be mildly interested in hearing it performed LIVE.

However, if Absurd and Hard Skool are to what's to be expected from a new album (= chinese leftovers with Slash adding some guitaring), then they better keep touring their shallow little nostalgia act.

Maybe my ears are spoiled with music from these guys that is actually really good and worth listening to. Maybe I'm just too hard to please, expecting too much, I don't know.

I think its great they are still around doing their thing and I'm happy for everyone enjoying it, but my problem with the new track is the same problem I had with Absurd: It's just not my rave. And that's saying something, since I like 99% of all GNR songs, some more, some less but I generally like GNR very much, it's one of my absulute fav bands. And also like Chinese Democracy a lot.

But this track? No. Just no. Just like Absurd, an insult to my ears.

It's not even the sound or the performances of musicians mixed together form perhaps four different lineups, it's the core, the heart and soul of the song, there is just none of that in there. The entire operation is utterly pointless but not in a cool way, just a waste of time.

These songs, Absurd and Hard Skool are the one thing both classic GNR and Axl's CD-GNR never stood for: Resignation.

If they still want my attention, dedication and money at this point in my life boy they have to come up with more than Absurd and Hard Skool, a lot more than that.

Gonna check out tonight's streams/videos, if they don't sell it to me live I guess I have no more business hanging around here as the current state and music of GNR just might not be an enjoyable thing for me anymore.

I don't know what's worse GNR put out shitty music or their fans loving it. It used to be so much more and better than that.

Don't give up, we still haven't heard any really new songs they created together. And maybe even something reworked from the golden era. I'd say this is just the beginning. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

Who wrote the lyrics? Who composed the music? What is the song about? What was the inspiration for it? Chords? Tabs? Will an album follow?

I don't fucking care anymore.

Too little, too late.

Just one bloody fucking mess.

In another universe from 20 years ago, my 20-something old me might have been interested in it.

If anything I might be mildly interested in hearing it performed LIVE.

However, if Absurd and Hard Skool are to what's to be expected from a new album (= chinese leftovers with Slash adding some guitaring), then they better keep touring their shallow little nostalgia act.

Maybe my ears are spoiled with music from these guys that is actually really good and worth listening to. Maybe I'm just too hard to please, expecting too much, I don't know.

I think its great they are still around doing their thing and I'm happy for everyone enjoying it, but my problem with the new track is the same problem I had with Absurd: It's just not my rave. And that's saying something, since I like 99% of all GNR songs, some more, some less but I generally like GNR very much, it's one of my absulute fav bands. And also like Chinese Democracy a lot.

But this track? No. Just no. Just like Absurd, an insult to my ears.

It's not even the sound or the performances of musicians mixed together form perhaps four different lineups, it's the core, the heart and soul of the song, there is just none of that in there. The entire operation is utterly pointless but not in a cool way, just a waste of time.

These songs, Absurd and Hard Skool are the one thing both classic GNR and Axl's CD-GNR never stood for: Resignation.

If they still want my attention, dedication and money at this point in my life boy they have to come up with more than Absurd and Hard Skool, a lot more than that.

Gonna check out tonight's streams/videos, if they don't sell it to me live I guess I have no more business hanging around here as the current state and music of GNR just might not be an enjoyable thing for me anymore.

I don't know what's worse GNR put out shitty music or their fans loving it. It used to be so much more and better than that.

Too much text, didn’t reas lol 

😬😂

• Haha 1

Mix is terrible. Duffs intro is great though. Very velvet revolver. Gotta hand it to Slash for taking the parts that Finck wrote as "Slash like parts" and actually making them Slash parts. At least Axl still wants to sound like Axl on the studio shit even though he's given up on that live. It's funny because instead of sounding like Gn'R it sounds like VR + CHIDEM. 

I can't wait for Atlas Shrugged. Love that song. 

Edited by TOS--LOA