Hard Skool Officially Released at Midnight - Sept 24

3 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

You might be right, maybe I'm just not open. I couldn't even put my finger on what it is exactly that turns me off so much about these "new" tracks, but they just don't click with me. Maybe I'm getting old, but I find myself enjoying songs like their cover of Wichita Lineman a lot more than stuff Absurd or Hard Skool.

Maybe they will grow on you? I believe they might. 

1 minute ago, --DEA-- said:

Remember if this not was a stolen, sold and leaked song this would be a fresh and new song to everyone 😉 It's a new song for all the people outside this little community. 

No one complained when Don't Cry were released years after it was made 😊 just my thought. 

Good thought. It took Axl more than ten years to release November Rain as well. 

1 minute ago, --DEA-- said:

Remember if this not was a stolen, sold and leaked song this would be a fresh and new song to everyone 😉 It's a new song for all the people outside this little community. 

No one complained when Don't Cry were released years after it was made 😊 just my thought. 

i send it to a casual GNR listener and he loved it.. bass, riff, axls's voice.. he still thinks that is all new.. if i've never listened to the leak i would be exactly as happy as he is.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TOS--LOA said:

Mix is terrible. Duffs intro is great though. Very velvet revolver. Gotta hand it to Slash for taking the parts that Finck wrote as "Slash like parts" and actually making them Slash parts. At least Axl still wants to sound like Axl on the studio shit even though he's given up on that live. It's funny because instead of sounding like Gn'R it sounds like VR + CHIDEM. 

I can't wait for Atlas Shrugged. Love that song. 

That's GnR to me. VR + CD is essentially what GnR would have evolved to naturally.

Edited by Basic_GnR_Fan
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, betterman said:

No.

Pretty tied op

Civil war

November rain

Estranged

Yesyerdays

Dont cry

Dead horse

Coma

14 years

Dont damn me

All of those songs are better than any version of HardSkool. Not saying HardSkool is a bad song, in any form, but most UYI tracks (especially the fan favorites) are better imo.

21 minutes ago, Manfisman said:

You listen to Layla because is a great song or because it is a song wrote by a guy who was fucking his friend's wife?

Who cares man. You may not like the song at all, that's subjective, but the first half of your post is non-sense.  Would you rather them not to release this just because is old? It's a new song, never released or played before. We only know of its existence because of the leaks. Yes, it took a long time, but that doesn't make it less good.

I wonder if any other band, perhaps a totally unknown band, would have released the same song - would anyone mention it in the same breath with a classic like Layla?

The only thing selling this song is the label Guns N' Roses on it.

I guess Absurd must have been some sort of a test in like if they can get away with that piece of shit they can offer their fans anything and they will just celebrate it as long as they release it as "Guns N' Roses".

If a car brand with a quality reputation releases a shitty car there's always gonna be people buying it regardless, just because the brand reputation and perhaps good experience with previous models. I'm more like if the current product sucks then it sucks. Doesn't take away from the brand in general or their previous products.

Same case with GNR, quality brand, good reputation for amazing poducts, but the current product just sucks.