Hard Skool Officially Released at Midnight - Sept 24

Mix sounds like what most 80s bands who release music now adays sound like

I prefer even the drum mix on CD to this, the triggers are too one dimensional.

However, I wil probably be playing this every fucking day regardless

4 minutes ago, betterman said:

No.

Pretty tied op

Civil war

November rain

Estranged

Yesyerdays

Dont cry

Dead horse

Coma

14 years

Dont damn me

All of those songs are better than any version of HardSkool. Not saying HardSkool is a bad song, in any form, but most UYI tracks (especially the fan favorites) are better imo.

21 minutes ago, Manfisman said:

You listen to Layla because is a great song or because it is a song wrote by a guy who was fucking his friend's wife?

Who cares man. You may not like the song at all, that's subjective, but the first half of your post is non-sense.  Would you rather them not to release this just because is old? It's a new song, never released or played before. We only know of its existence because of the leaks. Yes, it took a long time, but that doesn't make it less good.

I wonder if any other band, perhaps a totally unknown band, would have released the same song - would anyone mention it in the same breath with a classic like Layla?

The only thing selling this song is the label Guns N' Roses on it.

I guess Absurd must have been some sort of a test in like if they can get away with that piece of shit they can offer their fans anything and they will just celebrate it as long as they release it as "Guns N' Roses".

If a car brand with a quality reputation releases a shitty car there's always gonna be people buying it regardless, just because the brand reputation and perhaps good experience with previous models. I'm more like if the current product sucks then it sucks. Doesn't take away from the brand in general or their previous products.

Same case with GNR, quality brand, good reputation for amazing poducts, but the current product just sucks.

1 minute ago, NicoGNR5 said:

I wanted to hear the McDaddy line between the hey hey's lol

Honestly I don't believe the mix to be terrible, but yeah I think the demo had that special rawness to it.

If you listen the song backwards you can hear it

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

I wonder if any other band, perhaps a totally unknown band, would have released the same song - would anyone mention it in the same breath with a classic like Layla?

The only thing selling this song is the label Guns N' Roses on it.

I guess Absurd must have been some sort of a test in like if they can get away with that piece of shit they can offer their fans anything and they will just celebrate it as long as they release it as "Guns N' Roses".

If a car brand with a quality reputation releases a shitty car there's always gonna be people buying it regardless, just because the brand reputation and perhaps good experience with previous models. I'm more like if the current product sucks then it sucks. Doesn't take away from the brand in general or their previous products.

Same case with GNR, quality brand, good reputation for amazing poducts, but the current product just sucks.

I guess we can agree to disagree.

I don't enjoy this because it says Guns N' Roses in the title. I couldn't care less, it could be released by "Damas Gratis". I enjoy this because it has the signature Axl sound, + Slash + Duff. So yeah, it would be quite different if any other band released this.

It's ok if you don't like it though.

• GNFNR 1

3 minutes ago, Spiritual_Chaos said:

Does Slash still record on tape?

Doubt for this.

But thinking of the "new" songs that might be done for a GnR release...

My bet is that everything is 100% digital, even the drums sounds emulated to me, much like SOYL.

And overall, the vocals are just cust and paste, reharmonized in pro tools to generate different pitches. The impression I get is that they gave all the locker content to the producer and Axl never steped in the studio, not even to record some whispers like he did on SOYL. Which in some way is good news, seems like he's delegated the decisions regarding new music to Slash, Duff and Caram.

Great song indeed, a bit overproduced but it has the appeal of a single from nowadays rock standards, now let's see if uncle Axl can deliver on par with his vocals from 25 years ago. :lol:

6 hours ago, koldbeer2 said:

Have to admit, out of all of the stuff leaked, this was the strongest song, especially in terms of its straight forward rock potential anyways.

After hearing this, I have to admit that silkworms/Absurd, always sucked, just convinced myself otherwise 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2