Hard Skool Officially Released at Midnight - Sept 24

6 hours ago, merces said:

Just heard it once, when someone uploaded it to a facebook group, once I wanted to replay it, the song was gone.

But the first thing I thought is that it almost sounds like someone created the new parts around the existing song, it must have been a really low Quality leak, or its just very poorly mixed.

For example the new middle (slow) part where slash slows done you can still hear Axl sing the Hey Hey, but just very faint, I really hope the actual song is not this, because it sounded bad, very poor mix

I thought the mix was very slick, however too slick/clean, like CD production when it's over produced. Needed to be raw in my opinion, Axl needs to loose Caram. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pele said:

What do you think is more likely?

That he used 99 vocals, and also 99 cut'n'pastes from another demo, and then he recorded 4 lines two decades later - or they just used existing studio takes?

Dude, you cannot change how words are accentuated and pronounced in Pro Tools. It would sound like shit. You can change pitch and timings, and you can tell if they do that quite easily. So stop pretending you have a calendar with all the times that Axl went to a studio and fucking enjoy the song. Thank you.

Edited by Manfisman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Manfisman said:

AFD was recorded in 99 too. Back to the future. Actually, pretty sure our entire life is just a simulation run on a '99 computer. We're just a part of a Windows ME demo.

What are you saying?

He didn't use 99 vocals yet again?

Even I didn't think he'd patch unreleased 99 hey-heys from a completely different demo into another song!

It genuinely is Stockholm Syndrome at this point - he'll patch together his MacDaddy rap with the Woo-Woo from Quicksong and you'll all take it as some sign he has loads of new songs for you!

Not at all what I was expecting. It’s average at best, and this is coming from me. The mix is awful. The drums are pretty bad.  I was aware of the new intro and that’s about the only thing that saves this. Like my buddy said to me a few months back (he’s heard the majority of the new tracks) after I said that I wanted to hear new Guns music, and his exact reply was “Yeah but do you really?” 

Now I know what he meant. Hoping we get to hear some actual, all new material that was written and recorded by this lineup. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, adamsapple said:

I don't know what's worse GNR put out shitty music or their fans loving it. It used to be so much more and better than that.

I respected your opinion on everything else till this point. Music is subjective. You don't have to like "Hard Skool" or "Absurd," but why judge those who do? 

• Like 1

absurd made me lol at rly silkworms is first official music you putting out but now I was intrigued. Hard skool rocks. We got two official songs in a pretty quick span of time. If the band gives me 10 tracks I have faith I’m going to dig 4-7 of em after hardskool . Maybe we get a duff song (going down) Tommy was great on that tho 

8 minutes ago, Pele said:

What are you saying?

He didn't use 99 vocals yet again?

Even I didn't think he'd patch unreleased 99 hey-heys from a completely different demo into another song!

It genuinely is Stockholm Syndrome at this point - he'll patch together his MacDaddy rap with the Woo-Woo from Quicksong and you'll all take it as some sign he has loads of new songs for you!

Nobody gives a shit if you're right or not we just want you to stfu.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Martin Riggs said:

Does anyone know if it will be released everywhere in the USA once it’s Midnight on the East Coast?? I’m on the West Coast and DO NOT want to have to wait another 3 hours. Pretty damn cool this is happening though!!

Yes, midnight EST (so 9 pm for me).

55 minutes ago, Spiritual_Chaos said:

Does Slash still record on tape?

Doubt for this.

But thinking of the "new" songs that might be done for a GnR release...

He didn't for Living The Dream but they did for the new upcoming record.

22 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

Could the EP be real too you reckon? 

I sure hope not.

10 minutes ago, duffgnr86 said:

Rock the Rock with Slash n Duff next! :slash::duff:

I want to hear that, would sound awesome.

• Like 2

Just now, mystery said:

Does this release happen without the locker leaks in 2019? I wonder if the good reception to it from die-hard fans online pushed the band to release this? Feels more surreal than Absurd which was performed live at least.

I've been wondering if any new music would have been released if those leaks hadn't happened too. 

• Like 2

My boss hated it and said it wasn't catchy after listening to less than a minute of it before he walked away.

He thought the Village leak was ok when I played it for him in 2019.

Must be that kind of week for him. :P

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Do you just keep "99 vocals" on a clipboard or do you type it out every time? 

He's probably not aware artists do vocal touchups on existing tracks.

• Like 1