Hard Skool Officially Released at Midnight - Sept 24

Cranked it on my studio monitors. It is absolutely glorious! The mix is phenomenal. I can hear everything loud and clear and the guitars and bass blow me away. If the album sounds like this and Absurd, I will be very happy.

I DO hear backing vocals in some of the choruses now! Wish they were a tad higher

• Like 2

It's listenable on youtube now in Finland. Had my husband listen to it (non-gnr fan) and he said it's better than Absurd 😅 But he also said he only dislikes the yelling of absurd several times, but the song otherwise is alright. Hard School got 👍🏻👍🏻 from him. 

I love it! Can't wait to hear what it's like live! 🤩 Hope we have people at the show, cameras at the ready! 

• Like 1

https://www.loudersound.com/news/you-can-listen-to-the-new-guns-n-roses-single-but-it-depends-where-you-are?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_content=classic-rock&utm_source=facebook.com&fbclid=IwAR1RGUV9RssD_KlO1zA0LDronC7dU1XyJJysGDNxNNFo5ZilSOE6ZPRsEEI

Hard Skool was originally recorded during the sessions for Guns N’ Roses’ 2008 album Chinese Democracy, under the title Jackie Chan. Sections of the song has been leaked over the years, and a full version of the song was leaked in 2019.

• Like 2

Just now, davisp said:

me and my gf had our 10 year anniversary today, Hard Skool got released, I had a Guinness, Hard Skool got released, the Guinness was followed by 4 different craft beers, Hard Skool got released, I had a dry aged rib eye steak, Hard Skool got released..... what a day

Hey…hard skool got released today btw

• Like 3

Ok, I finally heard it now. I really like it, it's more focused than the demo and of course more GnR sounding. Although, the demo version had a lot of good elements, too.

At least at the end we get some "new" vocals. :D

The drums and the drum sound could be better. Love the cowbell.

Thumbs up! 

To cut this tiny little song (what is it like three and a half mnutes in total?) into an even shorter radio edit baffles me. Like don't you dare play a guitar solo on radio! Might as well just give em just a jingle to play.

As much as I hate the copy/paste approach to their "new" releases, I must say I'm looking foward to a live version of this song. the studio version feels too Pro Tools for me, kinda sterile and lifeless.