Hard Skool Officially Released at Midnight - Sept 24

3 hours ago, Pele said:

What are you saying?

He didn't use 99 vocals yet again?

Even I didn't think he'd patch unreleased 99 hey-heys from a completely different demo into another song!

It genuinely is Stockholm Syndrome at this point - he'll patch together his MacDaddy rap with the Woo-Woo from Quicksong and you'll all take it as some sign he has loads of new songs for you!

I sometimes get what you're saying and sometimes feel you get a hard rap for making certain points. But really who the fuck cares about what year the vocals were recorded?! And realistically we have no way of validating it either. Even if we did... so what!?

1 minute ago, 19AT5 said:

I sometimes get what you're saying and sometimes feel you get a hard rap for making certain points. But really who the fuck cares about what year the vocals were recorded?! And realistically we have no way of validating it either. Even if we did... so what!?

Exactly. I don't care if the vocals or the Sub-Bass were recorded in 1991 or 1999 or 2006. I just want to hear this material. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, davisp said:

me and my gf had our 10 year anniversary today, Hard Skool got released, I had a Guinness, Hard Skool got released, the Guinness was followed by 4 different craft beers, Hard Skool got released, I had a dry aged rib eye steak, Hard Skool got released..... what a day

That woman sticks with ya without a wedding ring for 10 years then you better seal the deal TONIGHT and propose, that lady must be a keeper being so patient with ya all the time. I wish you nothing but the best.

• GNFNR 1

12 minutes ago, davisp said:

me and my gf had our 10 year anniversary today, Hard Skool got released, I had a Guinness, Hard Skool got released, the Guinness was followed by 4 different craft beers, Hard Skool got released, I had a dry aged rib eye steak, Hard Skool got released..... what a day

Were you flying through Europe to follow the release in each time zone? :lol:

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Fozzie Bear said:

Omg wtf happened to this song? It hits half as hard as the Demo. Guitars sound flat and have no soul and everything about it feels lazy and copy and paste. This sucks. If the new album is just more of this butchering the 2001 bands work this legit sucks!!! Bucket runs circles around Slash. 

At this stage Slash is the star of the show. Axl is the leader but Slash now delivers consistently. The song's energy comes from him.

• Like 1

Just now, Martin Riggs said:

Let me guess, you’ve now listened to it once? Probably after listening to a shoddy (audio wise) demo 10,000 times the last few years. Give it a few more listens, your ears will likely adjust and you’ll end i up actually liking it. 

No dude I’ve listened to it back and forth with the Demo 10x. It just hits so much softer and has none of the punch.  Axl should have released this song the way he wanted it.  Slash trying to play over bucket riff at the end is laughable.  The GNR apologist these days suck.  This is another shitty cut and paste job.  So the band never got into the studio together?  That’s so lame. 

2 minutes ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

At this stage Slash is the star of the show. Axl is the leader but Slash now delivers consistently. The song's energy comes from him.

Slash it’s great to have you on the forum! 

2 minutes ago, Fozzie Bear said:

No dude I’ve listened to it back and forth with the Demo 10x. It just hits so much softer and has none of the punch.  Axl should have released this song the way he wanted it.  Slash trying to play over bucket riff at the end is laughable.  The GNR apologist these days suck.  This is another shitty cut and paste job.  So the band never got into the studio together?  That’s so lame. 

Slash it’s great to have you on the forum! 

I fucking wish I was Slash.

11 minutes ago, Fozzie Bear said:

Omg wtf happened to this song? It hits half as hard as the Demo. Guitars sound flat and have no soul and everything about it feels lazy and copy and paste. This sucks. If the new album is just more of this butchering the 2001 bands work this legit sucks!!! Bucket runs circles around Slash. 

Guitars have no soul? Um ... no. 

Saying it's butchered? Again, no.

I do think the original had more "power" or "doom" to it. It was more foreboding. And the drumroll (or whatever you call it) into "all cautions made" was excellent.

I love "Hard Skool." I didn't love some of the changes after one listen, but it quickly grew on me. It sounds like a GNR song. This is what people want in their GNR songs. They want bass lines. They want Axl to sound like what they remember him sounding like. And they want Slash's tone.

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 4

Just listened to it a couple of times. Pretty good, I think I'll like it more after a few more listens. I really liked the slower section, sounded very UYI ish.

I'm interested to see how they market this (if they market it). I mean, a new single release is a great time for an interview or something. 

• Like 1